Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Please select the single biggest reason why you support the Republican Party
They promote a system based more on free-market principles as opposed to government intrusion 2 5.13%
They are more likely to protect and promote family and/or religious values that I share 6 15.38%
I believe in self-sufficiency and smaller government, and not in a welfare-type state 28 71.79%
I trust the party to protect our country from those who intend to do it harm both at home and abroad 0 0%
Lower taxes is better for the economy and personal economic freedom 1 2.56%
I belive they are more in tune with lifestyle and values of the average citizen and will accordingly 2 5.13%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,599,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
He didn't put it because it has nothing to do with conservatism/republican. it's just something that idiot liberals like to claim.

Got it?

Great!
This is exactly what I'm hoping to get away from in this thread, if that's possible. I'm not interested in name calling, accusations or stereotyping, I'm just trying to get intellectual/rationale reasons as to why the Republican Party is attractive to half the population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandicA View Post
Because they are religious otherwise they suck
To be honest, I have met and personally know NUMEROUS people who are registered Republicans who are not "religious". On the other hand, I also know many who are Democrats who ARE religious.

I'd be careful in pigeon holing people based on their political affiliation.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:27 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
You left out a very important choice:
"I do not support EITHER major political party!"

Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
He didn't put it because it has nothing to do with conservatism/republican. it's just something that idiot liberals like to claim.

Got it?

Great!
You must not spend a lot of time reading posts on this forum. Right-wing, self-procalimed conservative's hatred for these groups is infamous.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:03 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanc View Post
I understand this may not be a cut and dry answer but what is the strongest reason why one would support the Republican party?
To get trickle down/supply side formula tax cuts, like the ones in the following link.

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

Old 03-07-2013, 07:37 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,563,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
To be honest, I have met and personally know NUMEROUS people who are registered Republicans who are not "religious". On the other hand, I also know many who are Democrats who ARE religious.

I'd be careful in pigeon holing people based on their political affiliation.
They have that opportunity in this poll. Lots of choices, as it should be. The majority of so called atheists or hedonists are not the Republicans.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:09 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
I only support the fiscal conservatism, gun ownership and small*ER* govt..

Rand Paul 2016

Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
The six choices in the poll are fantasy. None of them hold true today. Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. I won't vote for a candidate from either party.
Yep.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:45 AM

85 posts, read 134,939 times
Like many Americans, I am not infatuated with either party. But I support the Republicans because I believe entitlements will be this nation's downfall in the future if left unchecked. Look at Europe! I don't want the country to move in that direction.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:06 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
You must not spend a lot of time reading posts on this forum. Right-wing, self-procalimed conservative's hatred for these groups is infamous.

I read plenty of posts. That's how I know it's the left's capacity for stupidity, arrogance and hypocrisy that is truly infamous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies