Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does fast growing hispanic population worry you?
Yes 26 36.11%
No 46 63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 04:05 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
Ok so after seeing US Census 2010 it is very clear thet white non hispanic population is shrinking... (well it isnt but its not growing as fast as latino or asian population). Does that fact worry you? How do you think it will shape the future for America? Will it become more liberal and open minded because of immigration or more conservative as most latinos are usually christian?

In many large cities non hispanic whites are already a minority eg; Houston is only 26% white non hispanic (although suburbs tend to be mostly white/ asian)
Los Angeles is 28% non hispanic white, Chicago 31% and Las Vegas 48% non hispanic white.

Do you see this as a good thing? do you mind it? Or maybe it is something that you would rather stop?

And this is not meant to be a racist thread or anything like that, I dont mind what race my neighbor would be as long as they were respectful.
I am not worried by the Hispanic population as a race but I am appalled by the lack of respect those that are here illegally and our politicians have for the immigration laws already on the books. We need NO reform of our immigration laws. What we need is enforcement of the laws already on the books. Our government is failing to protect us from unlawful people. If they are here without going the proper immigration routes, they need to go home. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Government just do the job you swore to do when you went into office. That would be to uphold the laws on the books before Obama started making his executive orders and ignoring our laws.

Once we get those out that don't belong here, then any immigration changes can be made if we need any. My guess is that we will not need any when our laws are enforced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 04:05 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
No, I don't really care.

I'm of Dutch descent. We're still annoyed about the English.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:21 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post

I severely doubt an illegal alien ever stole a job from you or anyone you know, considering the occupations most of them fill (low-paid, tedious, unskilled labor).
But without a supply of cheap, illegal labor those tedious and unskilled jobs would at least pay better. One reason to make illegal immigrants legal is to allow wages to rise by affording illegals the protection of law. And to get their wages paying into the Social Security and income tax systems where it would be very useful.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:26 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,268,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
But without a supply of cheap, illegal labor those tedious and unskilled jobs would at least pay better. One reason to make illegal immigrants legal is to allow wages to rise by affording illegals the protection of law. And to get their wages paying into the Social Security and income tax systems where it would be very useful.
but also if they all got papers then they could go to college, get promoted, get decent jobs and they wouldnt want to do these kind of jobs anymore... and you will need another illegals that have no choice but to do the crappiest jobs.

Old 03-09-2013, 04:47 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
To answer the thread title:

No.

Old 03-09-2013, 05:55 PM

1,462 posts, read 2,959,878 times
Nope..

Old 03-09-2013, 07:12 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,951,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
I fail to see how allowing invaders, yes, INVADERS, flood this nation is NOT treason and a massive betrayal of federal law.
We did it with every other European, why stop now? Italians, and Irish, and Russians, and Jews and all those others brought the biggest influx of organized crime that this nation has ever seen, and it still effects us today. At this point, I just don't care that Mexicans cross the boarder. I'm already a minority. Wouldn't make any diffirence to me if Latinos became the majority.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:15 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Diversity doesn't mean having less white people. Diversity means having ALL types of people. For example, Miami, FL is not diverse enough at all, because the population there is 70% Latino. There's barely any white or Asian people there.
Sorry but there is "diversity" in Miami especially amongst the Hispanic population! There are "white" hispanics, "black" hispanics, and even "Asian" hispanics! The only thing that binds hispanics is the Spanish language and there are many cultural differences between lets say a Mexican in LA and a white Argentinian whose background is from Italy even though they speak the same language. Fujimora who was the President of Chile was a "Asian" hispanic.
The US Census is very narrow in it's definition of what a "hispanic" is in the US. Miami's hispanic population is more diverse than say LA, Houston or even Chicagos where the vast majority of these respective cities "Hispanic" population are mostly made up of Mexican immigrants. Cubans & Puerto Ricans are considered white by the way.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:27 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrix542 View Post
but also if they all got papers then they could go to college, get promoted, get decent jobs and they wouldnt want to do these kind of jobs anymore... and you will need another illegals that have no choice but to do the crappiest jobs.
We wouldn't need illegals if employers had to pay high enough wages to make such jobs attractive to citizens. I'm in favor of my fellow citizens making good wages, call me patriotic.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 PM

912 posts, read 1,132,517 times
Nope. Immigrants made this country. Besides, the US's economy RELIES on steady population growth. Immigrants, especially hispanics, provide much of that growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies