Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does fast growing hispanic population worry you?
Yes 26 36.11%
No 46 63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The point is they are a growing demographic due to illegal immigration and you're ok with that? I can't believe the number of people in this forum that have no respect for our immigration laws.
Oh, I can tell you a lot about our immigration laws, especially when it pertains to my marriage to a foreigner and how it cost me thousands to keep her here waiting for the marriage visa after her graduating school and her Student Visa about to expire. It should of been a matter of me going to INS and saying I am marrying this girl. But no I was told she will have to go back home and wait for a marriage visa which could take up to 6 years, which forced me to obtain a lawyer and lots of money to keep her here. And no my wife is not Hispanic. I will never back down on my position that our laws need to be changed and my support comprehensive immigration reform.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 09:06 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,877 times
Quote:
You really need to educate yourself the negative impact of illegal immigration overall. It is a net negative.
Sorry, but America's skin color is changing, whether you like it or not. Looks like your glory days are rapidly slipping away, you picked a perfect screen name.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:56 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
As long as they are productive members of society. And not all uneducated and on welfare in ok.

Old 03-13-2013, 10:15 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,171,522 times
Mexico is a nice place to visit, I wouldn't want to live there or have Mexico move over here.

Julión Ãlvarez Y Su Norteño Banda - Las Mulas De Moreno - YouTube

Old 03-14-2013, 12:49 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The question itself is racist to the core, whether or not you intended it to be.
Actually not. "Hispanic" is not a race. It's a culture, a culture from Latin America.

Before we strive to become another hispanic nation, we should wonder why millions are trying to flee those nations, and all of them want to come to the USA -- which is not yet a hispanic nation.

You don't see Mexicans dying trying to flee Mexico to get to another hispanic nation with a hispanic culture. You don't see Hondurans dying trying to get into Mexico because they intend to stay in Mexico, they all want to get to the USA -- because the USA is NOT a hispanic nation.

If they couldn't get to the USA, they'd be glad enough to get to Canada, or England, or Australia but you won't see any of them trying to reach a hispanic nation so they can live there. In the Western Hemisphere the three nations with the highest literacy rates and standard of living are the USA, Canada and Barbados. All non-hispanic nations.

Also all the hispanic nations have a history that included slavey if someone is under the mistaken opinion that hispanics never owned slaves. And all those liberals who believe in the lavish government handouts of the USA -- keep in mind that these do not exist in hispanic nations. Kind of ironic to want to have the USA transformed into a hispanic nation -- and then what? When the USA becomes just like Mexico, then where will they run to? Canada?

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/.a/6a00d8...ae5a970d-800wi

http://top-10-list.org/wp-content/up...-Pollution.jpg

Last edited by malamute; 03-14-2013 at 01:27 AM..

Old 03-14-2013, 12:57 AM

3,183 posts, read 7,204,711 times
I am retired and living off of 2 government checks along with my wife so it doesnt bother me. The ones that it will bother are the ones who will be here trying to make a living 20 years from now. We all know that all countries that are mostly hispanic are third world and there is a reason for it...They seem to constantly have little rival wars and riots and marching in the streets.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:16 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
The point is they are a growing demographic due to illegal immigration and you're ok with that? I can't believe the number of people in this forum that have no respect for our immigration laws.
I honestly believe that there are people here who care more about their potential as Democrat votes than anything else.

And of course others who think that these people having jobs and being taken care of is more important than them violating immigration laws.

The second I have some sympathy for, but not the first.

I've seen some libertarians argue that there should be no immigration laws at all. I understand the principle of that but I think that's a road to potential self destruction. I've seen them bring some statistics about how illegal immigration really isn't harming the country. The thing is, it's only the desperate who will break the law to come in. That's not an accurate reflection of legal open borders. I don't think the effects of illegal immigration can be used to accurately project what the effects of unrestricted immigration would be. Also I read a quote from someone, I think it was Milton Friedman, that said you can either have open borders or you can have a welfare state but not both.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:35 AM

200 posts, read 274,003 times
I think a large portion of this forum has had a little too much PBR. I wonder how many of them grew up in the suburbs far from everything they bestow upon us and how many of them are forever single yuppies tucked away in their little urban oasis floating around lala land. I'd wager for the vast majority of them the realest and most dangerous thing they've ever experienced was running with scissors. And the hardest work they've ever done was walk take out college loans and open a textbook.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:41 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
I am retired and living off of 2 government checks along with my wife so it doesnt bother me. The ones that it will bother are the ones who will be here trying to make a living 20 years from now. We all know that all countries that are mostly hispanic are third world and there is a reason for it...They seem to constantly have little rival wars and riots and marching in the streets.
Many Hispanic immigrants bring a strong work ethic. But at the same time many are content living on low wages and having large families. This is ingrained in Mexican culture. Live for the day, no plans for the future. Just work hard enough to get by. To be honest I would be more excited for the future if Asians were becoming the majority.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:54 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
. To be honest I would be more excited for the future if Asians were becoming the majority.
I welcome Asians, Hispanics, or anyone else who comes to this country LEGALY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies