Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does fast growing hispanic population worry you?
Yes 26 36.11%
No 46 63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 03:52 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
nope race/ethnicity doesn't bother me, in fact i love diversity...i mean its not like they are going to do what the americans did to native americans and take the land and kill most of the people or anything
So the loss of our culture, language, national identity and a demographic change via an illegal invasion is ok with you. Why? It has nothing to do with diversity. We are already a diversified nation. The takeover of one ethnic group isn't diversity. Oh get your head out of the past. This has nothing to do with that. Those who are coming here illegally are mostly Mexicans. Their tribes were not indigenous to this country and their homeland is Mexico. The descendants of the tribes that were indigenous to this country are U.S. citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If they're Hispanic, chances are their ancestors already did that where they came from
Exactly! Most Mexicans are of Spanish ancestry and they did exactly what the other Europeans did. So where do they have room to talk?

Old 03-15-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Our ancestors DID come here illegally from the NA perspective - which was the law of their lands. As we moved westward, we illegally took their lands, we illegally established territorial governments and we - basically - conquered them (which is an act in which one nation violates the sovereignty of another). Don't make it sound like our ancestors didn't migrate illegally, because the whole Manifest Destiny was exactly that. You can call it what you want and you can shrill about how legal it was from our perspective - but it's all tonka shine-ola!!!
Who is "we"? I wasn't even alive back. I was born here not in Europe. Am I responsible for what dead people did? My ancestors didn't even come here until well after those conflicts and the U.S. was already an established country. There were no immigration laws back then and even the so-called natives migrated from somewhere else. Besides what does this have to do with illegal Mexicans? Their tribes settled south of here. You know, that country called Mexico.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
But are the Hispanics that are illegally migrating to the US really "conquering" us? That's just rhetoric. Like folks say they're "invading" the US.

Think man! When a group has enough numbers more than the native population that isn't conquering? Where's the rhetoric? If you come here not within our immigration laws then yes you are an invader.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:04 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who is "we"? I wasn't even alive back. I was born here not in Europe. Am I responsible for what dead people did? My ancestors didn't even come here until well after those conflicts and the U.S. was already an established country. There were no immigration laws back then and even the so-called natives migrated from somewhere else. Besides what does this have to do with illegal Mexicans? Their tribes settled south of here. You know, that country called Mexico.
What does this thread have to do with illegal anything. If you got a problem, that's your problem.
You can't argue your points on the illegal alien forum because it's dead..Why? because your ideas did not work. Will Not Work.

If you're scared of your neighbor, that isnt his fault...that is yours.

Last edited by Chimuelojones; 03-15-2013 at 04:13 PM..

Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
I hope it means better food for all of us. THink about it....some of the most solid and imitative cooks come from Mexico, SOme of the best dishes are of Mexican origin, and I love Mexican food. It has influenced a nuber of famous celebrity chefs, and in kitchens all accross america, there are chefs and assistant chefs of Hispanic origin.

SO YES welcome these people, open the Kitchens to them and LET US ALL LEARN FROM WACH OTHER!!!!
Then go to Mexico then. You have a lot of nerve to embrace an illegal invasion based on something as trival as food choices all the while hurting the job opportunities and higher taxes for Americans not to mention that is it against the law to come here illegally! You can't be serious that there aren't enough Mexican restaurants here already with Mexicans running them. If you think that it is skilled or celebrity chefs that are what is coming through our border illegally then you are really out of your mind. These people are uneducated, unskilled and probably only know how to cook beans and rice. As if it is only illegals that know how to do that? I can't believe the lame excuses such as yours to defend illegal immigration into our country.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:11 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then go to Mexico then. You have a lot of nerve to embrace an illegal invasion based on something as trival as food choices all the while hurting the job opportunities and higher taxes for Americans not to mention that is it against the law to come here illegally! You can't be serious that there aren't enough Mexican restaurants here already with Mexicans running them. If you think that it is skilled or celebrity chefs that are what is coming through our border illegally then you are really out of your mind. These people are uneducated, unskilled and probably only know how to cook beans and rice. As if it is only illegals that know how to do that? I can't believe the lame excuses such as yours to defend illegal immigration into our country.
What does this thread have to do with illegal anything. If you got a problem, that's your problem.
You can't argue your points on the illegal alien forum because it's dead..Why? because your ideas did not work. Will Not Work.

If you're scared of your neighbor, that isnt his fault...that is yours.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:12 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
As long is they are growing their population here legally, there's no concern. Illegal immigration is a big problem. Growing diversity from within is not... especially when our culture is diversity.

Old 03-15-2013, 04:13 PM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Yes, especially when they don't understand english when buying or talking to them on the phone. How can one do business that way?

Old 03-15-2013, 04:15 PM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Don't know if this has been addressed but...cholera, tuberculosis, measles, mumps (stuff we've been immune to for the past 40 years).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies