Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does fast growing hispanic population worry you?
Yes 26 36.11%
No 46 63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Back to the OP, unfettered,uncontrolled expansion of any particular group should worry everybody. If the Hispanic numbers were growing just due to legal residents having babies then no, it's not an issue but that's not the case by a long shot.
There's a reason that there's immigration quotas and restrictions and for those that don't know it's to maintain a balance so no one group becomes a majority that would/could change the very fabric of the nation. This is happening on a small scale in several small towns and cities that have become just an extension of Mexico with respect to language,customs and daily life.
This is NOT what was intended. People coming here were supposed to augment the nation not just change it to another "where they came from".
Integration into our society not assimilation by other societies is what the idea was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 08:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
I see mestizos.
True. Mestizos who are obviously more than half Native. Most immigrants from Central America are poorer non-Caucasians. These are not "Spanish" people.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
it would take more than a couple of people to fix an entire country.. and i assume you mean the hispanics with your "adios amigos".. they aren't even the biggest growing population of immigrants, its the asians who outrank the hispanics(and blacks).. i'm not worried about border-hoppers taking scraps that americans dont even want ... you should probably be angry at the american job makers (like the farmers,construction,landscapers), they are the ones who are hiring them instead of you(assuming you want to work in a field picking fruit for 10 hours for less than minimum wage), not me.

but leave me alone, its not my fault they're coming here and whether i agree or not won't change anything.
And it't not "a couple of people" that are pouring over the borders. Approximately one-fifth of Mexico is here already, certainly that's a sizeable number of people who could demand reforms.

I suppose those "scraps" are the free college educations that Americans don't want because now that illegals are demanding college financial aid, they will be taking the high paying jobs the lazy Americans don't want to do.

Immigration rates need to be tied with unemployment rates. When unemployment rates are high, then we need fewer unskilled immigrants taking the jobs.

The real problem is that the welfare handouts like food stamps and free health care make it very easy for millions to come on in, even when US unemployment rates are 10%. All it takes is to start cranking out babies here the immigrants don't have to worry about finding jobs, those low paying jobs don't cut it when it comes to our very high cost of living and their very high birth rates.

Old 03-16-2013, 09:53 AM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,684,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And it't not "a couple of people" that are pouring over the borders. Approximately one-fifth of Mexico is here already, certainly that's a sizeable number of people who could demand reforms.

I suppose those "scraps" are the free college educations that Americans don't want because now that illegals are demanding college financial aid, they will be taking the high paying jobs the lazy Americans don't want to do.

Immigration rates need to be tied with unemployment rates. When unemployment rates are high, then we need fewer unskilled immigrants taking the jobs.

The real problem is that the welfare handouts like food stamps and free health care make it very easy for millions to come on in, even when US unemployment rates are 10%. All it takes is to start cranking out babies here the immigrants don't have to worry about finding jobs, those low paying jobs don't cut it when it comes to our very high cost of living and their very high birth rates.
why are you so angry? its not like i'm doing it

Old 03-16-2013, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Scraps that Americans don't even want? What scraps would those be? There is a three-fold blame here. The employers, our government and the illegals themselves. The latter are not the innocents here. They know they are breaking the law by coming here illegally and working here. There are only 3% of illegals doing farm work the other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done until the arrival of cheap, illegal labor willing to work for less while these greedy employers pass their social cost on to us. Even for farm work there are unlimited visas for LEGAL foreign workers. Educate yourself and stop drinking the pro-illegal kool-aid. Why so little respect for our soveirgn borders our laws and the American taxpayer/.worker?
be mad at your american buddies who hire them over you, don't be mad at me, your paragraph to me won't change nothing

Old 03-16-2013, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabianS View Post
Mexico is the world's 14th largest economy, yet their country is riddled with crime and corruption and is so OVERTLY RACIST that their indigenous population has to move North just to earn more than a subsistence wage.

Wouldn't it be great if the country that allowed Carlos Slim to become the wealthiest man alive tried a little bit harder, instead of cynically taking advantage of America's generosity as a safety valve for it's own racism/corruption/inequality?
lol okay.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The descendants of the tribes that were indigenous to THIS country have gotten over it! They are full-fledged U.S. citizens. Mexicans need to take up their problems with Mexico as that is where their tribal ancestors were from, not here.
lol you are so angry.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:31 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
be mad at your american buddies who hire them over you, don't be mad at me, your paragraph to me won't change nothing
If I am mad at you which I am not it would be your apparent acceptance of this invasion of our country as if it means nothing to you nor do our immigration laws. I blame the employers, our government and the illegals themselves. Apparently you don't put any blame on the illegals at all. Why is that? They aren't babies that don't know right from wrong and know full well that they are violating our immigration and employment laws.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:33 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
lol you are so angry.
Angry? How so, I am just pointing out the facts. I think it is you who is angry for reading the facts that I am passing on to you. It doesn't fit your agenda and you have no rebuttal to these facts so you turn your own angry feelings back on to me.

Old 03-16-2013, 04:02 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,310,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You left out LAW ABIDING. A burglar or an embezzler can be hard working but they aren't law abiding. Nor are the hispanics that are here illegally law abiding. If they were very hard working, their own countries would be in much better shape.
I did not leave out anything as the question did not concern itself with the law abiding aspect, I did however, offer my world view on the original question:

Question to Americans: Does fast growing Hispanic population worry you?

As far as I am concerned...that ship has sailed; a very, very long time ago; decades ago!

To addres your commentary to my post, neither (and more importantly) is the U.S. government LAW ABIDING in their failure to legally address the population of unauthorized immigration to this country (regardless of country of origin)...all talky talky and no action. Lets not even discuss the role of babies born on U.S. soil (by unauthorized immigrants, regardless of country of origin) which are granted immediate U.S. citizenship, merely by birth on U.S. soil!

Again, I remind you to consider the original question, which I did indeed address. I reiterate, no, the fast growing (actually in decline since 2007 due to the recent economic woes of the U.S.) Hispanic population does not worry me.

Best regards, sincerely

HomeIsWhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies