Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does fast growing hispanic population worry you?
Yes 26 36.11%
No 46 63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 07:02 PM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times

Advertisements

If their idea is to come here and turn over our natural public monopolies to Carlos Slim, then I am a bit worried.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 07:05 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times do I have to repeat this? The Hispanic population is growing mostly due to illegal immigration. What's so hard to understand?
Bull****

Post a citation or it didn't happen xenophobe...

Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,051,742 times
I'm much more concerned about the growing population of narcissistic bigots.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:10 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post

Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
As for me, I will fight for my country and it's laws and against the invasion of our country. You can roll over and play dead and be a coward if you want to. There are plenty of patriots who think this country is worth fighting for and I am one of them.
Quote:
If you truly loved this country and the concept of the rule of law you would join the fight for your country (and I'm not talking about taking up arms) but instead you will cower in a corner and sit by and watch the destruction of this country. But then again maybe that is what you want or you're ok with the illegal invason of our country because either you are an ethnocentric yourself or a clueless, bleeding heart liberal. Which is it?
Quote:
I wasn't referring to the Cubans for God's sake! I was referring to the "illegal" invasion mostly from south of our border. Are you really this dense? That didn't happen according to the rule of law. Get over myself? WTH does that mean? I have no right to expect our immigration laws to be enforced?
Quote:
Are YOU that ignorant that you don't know that today it is millions of illegal aliens from south of our border that is creating this huge population growth of Hispanics? Learn to live with that? What kind of an American are you? Why would you want to strip our country of its demographics, culture and language in such an unlawful manner? Perhaps you are either an ethnocentric Hispanic yourself or a self-hating white bleeding heart liberal.

As for the Cubans. IMO, that should never have been allowed to happen and "wet foot, dry foot" should end. We see how well the Cubans have assimilted. Miami is just another little Havana where mostly all Spanish is spoken. Sorry, we are not a Spanish speaking country in identity as much as you may wish so. With this continued migration from south of our border the Hispanization will be complete. How would Cubans in Cuba or Mexicans in Mexico like it if there was an illegal invasion by millions of Chinese and their country became an Asian one in identity rather than an Hispanic one? You know damned well they'd care and they'd have every right to object to that!
Quote:
So you are going to roll over and take this illegal invasion from south of our border just like you endured the Cuban one? Sorry, but I am not a coward and will fight for my country's national identity. The title of this thread has everything to do with illegal immigration from south of our border. No wonder our country is in such a state with those like you who just cave in, roll over and play dead and don't give a damn.

My label of you is correct. You'd rather cave into the invaders. With your insult of me having a big mouth and a tiny brain I will not respond to your posts again nor will I even read them. If you can't debate civilly then I am done. Thank God for the ignore feature in this forum.
Someone needs to tell OldTimer that he/she/it needs to take a look at his/her own posts before claiming that he/she's being undeservedly dissed.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:18 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,485,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Sadly, unlike Hispanics, the census doesn't track them.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:48 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
To boil it down to the simplest components of my opinion, the answer is I just don't care any longer.
The country as a whole as we have known it is no longer viable for anyone, white, black brown, yellow, etc.

Sure come on in, I don't care any longer.
To actually care about this issue is to believe that the U.S. is worth saving any longer, it's not.
Debauchery, disease, blight, rape, murder, assault, unemployment, high suicide rates, hunger, homelessness and hopelessness.

I'm in my mid forties, married and have no children so I have just stopped worrying about the stench of this sewer laden garbage pile of a country.

The downward spiral continues

Thank God I'm turning 47 this year. Wishing to be any younger is like wishing you had cancer because you'll rot in hell either way.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/s...ll_pe_2010.pdf

Prior to the economic downturn the illegal immigration population was increasing at a rate of 500,000 per year. Since 2008 it's pretty much stagnated. Even with the growth of the Mexican middle-class and and the economic downturn Mexico still officially expects immigration to the US, legal or otherwise, will continue to increase at pretty much historical averages.

FWIW...

Last edited by BigJon3475; 03-26-2013 at 08:12 PM.. Reason: Realizing tongue-in-cheek...

Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Are YOU that ignorant that you don't know that today it is millions of illegal aliens from south of our border that is creating this huge population growth of Hispanics? Learn to live with that? What kind of an American are you? Why would you want to strip our country of its demographics, culture and language in such an unlawful manner? Perhaps you are either an ethnocentric Hispanic yourself or a self-hating white bleeding heart liberal.

As for the Cubans. IMO, that should never have been allowed to happen and "wet foot, dry foot" should end. We see how well the Cubans have assimilted. Miami is just another little Havana where mostly all Spanish is spoken. Sorry, we are not a Spanish speaking country in identity as much as you may wish so. With this continued migration from south of our border the Hispanization will be complete. How would Cubans in Cuba or Mexicans in Mexico like it if there was an illegal invasion by millions of Chinese and their country became an Asian one in identity rather than an Hispanic one? You know damned well they'd care and they'd have every right to object to that!
You are fighting (in your head) a losing battle. You are fighting CHANGE. CHANGE is the only constant there is. Hopefully you are an old person so you won't have to endure the frustration of having to see the changes in the world, in this country, in your own family which are coming. You cannot hold back time and you cannot stop CHANGE.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Whose culture is "ours"?
Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies