Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does fast growing hispanic population worry you?
Yes 26 36.11%
No 46 63.89%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:08 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
I'm just wondering when Obama will declare Spanish as the United State's primary language. Heck, pretty soon he's going to change the entire country's name to New Mexico.

My question is... How did all the Mexicans end up this far north? You can't drive a mile in the Chicagoland area without passing a Mexican restaurant. At least the good is decent.

Maybe other people don't see it, but working in manufacturing, Spanish is pretty much the primary language in most of these local productions shops. They get a couple white guys to set up the machinery, a couple more to program equipment, maybe a couple engineers, and the migrant class Hispanics the bulk of the low/no skill task work for minimum wage. No wonder the manufacturing sector has been kicking butt the past 3 years.
Them damn Mexicans can't learn good Inglish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 11:13 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,692,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
They are choosing the easiest option, or the path of least resistance. Maybe they should consider fixing the problems in their own country instead of breaking the law and invading ours. Oh yea, that would be a challenging undertaking, I forgot...

And they also have a certain advantage we don't. They can chase opportunities in two countries, while we are stuck trying to etch out a living in one. Many do go back and forth because the boarders are that porous, and there are opportunities to be had in both. Of course, they want the opportunities offered here, but their heart belongs to home. They don't give a crap about Americans or our country. They just want to take whatever they can get there hands on. If this country started to take a nose dive, then adios amigos.

it would take more than a couple of people to fix an entire country.. and i assume you mean the hispanics with your "adios amigos".. they aren't even the biggest growing population of immigrants, its the asians who outrank the hispanics(and blacks).. i'm not worried about border-hoppers taking scraps that americans dont even want ... you should probably be angry at the american job makers (like the farmers,construction,landscapers), they are the ones who are hiring them instead of you(assuming you want to work in a field picking fruit for 10 hours for less than minimum wage), not me.

but leave me alone, its not my fault they're coming here and whether i agree or not won't change anything.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:14 AM

200 posts, read 274,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Some were Caucasian and some were not.
There are virtually no sub-Saharan African genetic hablogroups found in Europe.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingElsewhere View Post
How about instead of ranting how unskilled immigrants shouldn't come to the US because there aren't enough manufacturing jobs, why don't you advocate to have all those jobs come back? Better solution. Not everyone is cut to be a CPA, engineer, doctor, or PhD research scientist.

What is this talk about the US not having unskilled jobs? Last time I checked there were several job openings for janitors at my workplace or that one could easily get a job at McDonald's.
I'd love to have those jobs back in America but it's not going to happen on the scale it was unless you don't mind cutting minimum wage and hundreds of industrial regulations. But guess what? I made $15,000 last year and worked 7 days a week. Not much I can do.

And until every American has a job I'll object to the flooding. I've applied to McDonald's and Burger King. I got a call from McDonald's, turned them down for lobstering, got laid off from lobstering, reapplied to McDonald's and never got a call back and never got a call from Burger King. I've applied for janitor jobs at hotels. I saw hispanic employees walking around no Ingles but I never got a call back and judging by the way the clerk dealt with me filling out the application I walked out knowing I probably wouldn't get a call back. It's not as easy as it looks. You see job openings fine. There's 1 job opening and a hell of a lot more people looking for jobs.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I see Mexicans every day. I don't see a lot of Spanish there. I see more Aztec and Maya than anything else.
I see mestizos.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:54 AM

63,008 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
it would take more than a couple of people to fix an entire country.. and i assume you mean the hispanics with your "adios amigos".. they aren't even the biggest growing population of immigrants, its the asians who outrank the hispanics(and blacks).. i'm not worried about border-hoppers taking scraps that americans dont even want ... you should probably be angry at the american job makers (like the farmers,construction,landscapers), they are the ones who are hiring them instead of you(assuming you want to work in a field picking fruit for 10 hours for less than minimum wage), not me.

but leave me alone, its not my fault they're coming here and whether i agree or not won't change anything.
Scraps that Americans don't even want? What scraps would those be? There is a three-fold blame here. The employers, our government and the illegals themselves. The latter are not the innocents here. They know they are breaking the law by coming here illegally and working here. There are only 3% of illegals doing farm work the other 97% are doing jobs that Americans have always done until the arrival of cheap, illegal labor willing to work for less while these greedy employers pass their social cost on to us. Even for farm work there are unlimited visas for LEGAL foreign workers. Educate yourself and stop drinking the pro-illegal kool-aid. Why so little respect for our soveirgn borders our laws and the American taxpayer/.worker?

Old 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
get over the past? tell that to the natives, because the past is their future, because it still effects them!

and i hope for the lost of all of it, so it can **** you off
its amazing people want to whine about people taking a country that wasn't even originally theirs! they dont even want to take it from you, they just want a safer place to live!
The descendants of the tribes that were indigenous to THIS country have gotten over it! They are full-fledged U.S. citizens. Mexicans need to take up their problems with Mexico as that is where their tribal ancestors were from, not here.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:00 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,068,895 times
No.

Illegally importing poverty in droves does.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingElsewhere View Post
How about instead of ranting how unskilled immigrants shouldn't come to the US because there aren't enough manufacturing jobs, why don't you advocate to have all those jobs come back? Better solution. Not everyone is cut to be a CPA, engineer, doctor, or PhD research scientist.

What is this talk about the US not having unskilled jobs? Last time I checked there were several job openings for janitors at my workplace or that one could easily get a job at McDonald's.
First off they aren't unskilled "immigrants". They are illegal aliens here in violation of our laws. Second, both illegal immigration and outsourcing is hurting American job opportunities. Unless the employers you are mentioning are using e-verfiy it is quite likely that illegal aliens are being hired over Americans just because they work cheaper. The supply of cheap, illegal labor needs to end and the employers need to use e-verify to stop their unlawful hiring practices.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What does this thread have to do with illegal anything. If you got a problem, that's your problem.
You can't argue your points on the illegal alien forum because it's dead..Why? because your ideas did not work. Will Not Work.

If you're scared of your neighbor, that isnt his fault...that is yours.
This thread has everything to do with illegal immigration because that is where most of the Hispanic growth is coming from. It isn't natural nor is it lawful. I don't see the illegal immigration forum being dead as there are regular posters in there everyday so what are you talking about?

My ideas? Enforcing our immigration laws is my idea? Um, I think it is an idea/law created by our government. Amnesty sure doesn't work as was proven by the 1986 one. Amnesty doesn't work for Americans either since these illegals will be able to remain here to compete for jobs and resources against Americans and will just a continued stress on our social infractructures and natural resources. Why don't you want Mexicans to remain in Mexico and fix Mexico? Scared of my neighbor? No, there are plenty our our neighbors living here legally. It is my so-called neighbors here illegally that I object to based on our laws and all of the above. What part of that aren't you getting or don't give a damn about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies