Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:23 AM

25,805 posts, read 16,451,635 times

Advertisements

I guess this proves that the 2nd amendment doesn't have the teeth that many of you think.

Minnesota man involved in wolf killings gets lifetime firearms ban - TwinCities.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,075,058 times
I'm not sure your point here. I can guess at it and there is likely no one that will argue that the Constitution doesn't provide for a way for rights to be removed from the individual through due process.

Obviously people are put in jail every single day.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,239,242 times
Commit a felony and you lose more than just 2A rights.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,375,282 times
Bit of a deceptive thread title. The man in question is a criminal and I doubt many will argue he shouldn't be banned from owning firearms.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:37 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,260,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm not sure your point here. I can guess at it and there is likely no one that will argue that the Constitution doesn't provide for a way for rights to be removed from the individual through due process.
Obviously people are put in jail every single day.
I didn't understand the original posters point either about the guy who shot the wolves and got some sort of lifetime ban??? The more important issue at hand with this whole gun thing is being sure that the guns that are out there don't belong to lunatics like the guy who shot and killed 26 people, 20 of the first graders in Newtown. That for me made me a permanent gun hater...sorry...but there has got to be a way to screen folks who want guns or who have people living with them who are nuts enough to do what he did.
I will never, not ever feel the same about guns again second amendment or not...by the way, I live a stone's throw from Newtown and those people will never recover from this blood shed.
A lifetime ban for shooting wolves....don't get it either.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:39 AM

25,805 posts, read 16,451,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Bit of a deceptive thread title. The man in question is a criminal and I doubt many will argue he shouldn't be banned from owning firearms.
To be honest, after reading the article I thought maybe the court overstepped. Yes the man helped to cover up the crime but he didn't actually kill the wolves with his guns. The other guy ran them over on purpose. what a bunch of idiots.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I didn't understand the original posters point either about the guy who shot the wolves and got some sort of lifetime ban??? The more important issue at hand with this whole gun thing is being sure that the guns that are out there don't belong to lunatics like the guy who shot and killed 26 people, 20 of the first graders in Newtown. That for me made me a permanent gun hater...sorry...but there has got to be a way to screen folks who want guns or who have people living with them who are nuts enough to do what he did.
I will never, not ever feel the same about guns again second amendment or not...by the way, I live a stone's throw from Newtown and those people will never recover from this blood shed.
A lifetime ban for shooting wolves....don't get it either.
Nobody would deny you your right of opinion on guns either.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
To be honest, after reading the article I thought maybe the court overstepped. Yes the man helped to cover up the crime but he didn't actually kill the wolves with his guns. The other guy ran them over on purpose. what a bunch of idiots.
He didn't lose his rights to own a gun for killing wolves. He lost them because of committing a felony. Perhaps there was no need for the judge to rub it in but it seems he was properly convicted.

He's losing his rights to liberty also, at least for awhile.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:50 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,404,380 times
Interesting. What is an "endangered species" in one State, is a pest in another State.

17 wolves killed in aerial control program in Interior Alaska | Alaska Dispatch

Old 03-09-2013, 06:54 AM

46,222 posts, read 26,988,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I guess this proves that the 2nd amendment doesn't have the teeth that many of you think.

Minnesota man involved in wolf killings gets lifetime firearms ban - TwinCities.com
So.....what's your point? The guy broke the law.....serves him right.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies