Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 10:44 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times

Advertisements

George W Bush painted puppies

Bush family emails hacked, exposing family info and photos

Look how happy this guy is. I had never seen him so naturally happy during his presidency.
I think these kids were really pressured at home to succeed, so much so that it forced them into areas that were unnatural for them. Maybe it was to get mama's love.

It's so good to see W doing his thing and loving every moment of it.
I know he can afford to hire the best teachers, but he's pretty good, no?

I heard that somewhere there is a book of Prince Charles' watercolors and he, too, did a good job at them.

Lots of luck and happiness to you, George W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 10:56 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
When I think of Bush, I think of the terrible tragedy that occurred in 2001...

The day he was sworn in as president.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times
Sounds like W finally found something he's good at.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
He's a better painter than a President. Compared to his legacy as Commander in Chief, his paintings are equvialent to Rembrandt or Dali.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:04 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
I also wish the former president well! I did not vote for him, but he had some good qualities as president. I will also remember his excellent behavior and speech after 9-11.

As for the idle knuckleheads who will post nothing but garbage about Mr. Bush, or any other president, let us recall the words of Theordore Roosevelt:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Old 03-09-2013, 12:06 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,591,034 times
Nice puppy pics.

Have to admit I never thought he was the mastermind of evil, unlike Cheney.

Just please dont post L Paul Bremers website.
He sells artwork in VT now. But I guess Hitler painted, too.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
When I think of Bush, I think of the terrible tragedy that occurred in 2001...

The day he was sworn in as president.
Uhhh...the terrible tragedy that occurred in 2001 took place on 9/11/01, and you just trivialized the deaths of the people who lost their lives on that day.

But then I remember that you are a liberal, and such shamelessness is often par for the course.

Old 03-09-2013, 12:37 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
A very good man who, like all, had flaws. I wish he had been more conservative and also I wish he did more to warn the public over the Fannie and Freddie mess. For whatever reason, he didn't go on national tv and call some out for letting the mess get worse. Sometimes you have to publicly call people out, he didn't do that and should've.

I'm glad he is away from politics and happy. Can't be easy to have the media and Hollywood and others demonize you and literally hate you for over 8 years.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:32 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Uhhh...the terrible tragedy that occurred in 2001 took place on 9/11/01, and you just trivialized the deaths of the people who lost their lives on that day.

But then I remember that you are a liberal, and such shamelessness is often par for the course.
My thoughts exactly. Pretty low...

I bet the poster wouldn't be saying that if they lost loved ones in the tragedy, but expecting libs to sympathize with others legitimate suffering, the kind that doesn't necessarily fit in with their brands of propaganda or spin... Might as well ask them to turn the tide.

Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,969,250 times
I tend to be liberal and did not vote for Bush. I do agree that Cheney was the evil power behind the throne in much of that administration.

I think Bush would have been a lot happier without the duplicity and intrigues of politics, however, and I think he may be more centered and has 'found himself' now, when there is no pressure on him.

People who have a political bent often cannot understand and sometimes deride those whose lives are wrapped around other things. I think the Bush children were born into that sort of family. Not all children in a family should be coaxed into the same mold. It is a travesty to do that, in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies