Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You say that like it would be a bad thing...
If you like China, I'm not stopping you from moving there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 01:19 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
If you like China, I'm not stopping you from moving there.
You may not...

...But the chinese government is.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:20 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Right, which is something repuglican politicians aren't familiar with, as most are born with silver spoons in their mouths, like willard was. That tax cheat never worked a day in his life. If he had, he wouldn't have been soooo out of touch with Americans during the 2012 campaign. Think about it.
2011:

1. Rep. McCaul $294 million
2. Rep. Issa $220 million
3. Dem. Kerry $193 million
4. Dem. Rockefeller $81 million
5. Dem. Warner $76 million
6. Dem. Polis $66 million
7. Dem. Lautenberg $55 million
8. Dem. Blumenthal $53 million
9. Dem. Feinstein $45 million
10. Rep. Buchanan $44 million

Republicans in the top 10 richest members of congress: $558 million total
Democrats in the top 10 richest members of congress: $569 million total

Me thinks you have a bias...

Old 03-10-2013, 01:22 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
You may not...

...But the chinese government is.
Speaking of which:

Quote:
BEIJING — The legislature of the world’s last major communist country is almost certainly the wealthiest in the world, according to a popular rich list that names 83 dollar billionaires among the delegates to China’s parliament this year. Meanwhile, in the United States, there is not a single billionaire in the House of Representatives or the Senate.
Chinese National People’s Congress has 83 billionaires, report says - The Washington Post

The equalities of a communist state. Oh so blissful, fair and equal.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:41 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
2011:

1. Rep. McCaul $294 million
2. Rep. Issa $220 million
3. Dem. Kerry $193 million
4. Dem. Rockefeller $81 million
5. Dem. Warner $76 million
6. Dem. Polis $66 million
7. Dem. Lautenberg $55 million
8. Dem. Blumenthal $53 million
9. Dem. Feinstein $45 million
10. Rep. Buchanan $44 million

Republicans in the top 10 richest members of congress: $558 million total
Democrats in the top 10 richest members of congress: $569 million total

Me thinks you have a bias...
You know romoney was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and you also know paul ryan used his daddy's social security to live off of, two takers. But you're not biased at all.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:26 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
And if he didn't work, you would be criticizing him for sitting on his butt.

Seriously, you libs are sometimes just way over the top.
Pot, meet kettle! (Why do I always think of this phrase when I read your posts?) Obama can literally do NOTHING to please the right, and you're all contradicting yourselves from one breath to the next. I swear, if the man farted you'd blame him for global warming - and then in the next sentence say he's not farting enough, and thus his intestinal blockage is clouding his ability to lead.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Pot, meet kettle! (Why do I always think of this phrase when I read your posts?) Obama can literally do NOTHING to please the right, and you're all contradicting yourselves from one breath to the next. I swear, if the man farted you'd blame him for global warming - and then in the next sentence say he's not farting enough, and thus his intestinal blockage is clouding his ability to lead.
As I've pointed out oh-so-many-times, out of one side of their scabby mouths, they claim he can't do a thing and is utterly incompetent, out of the other they claim he is making good on some dastardly plan to rob them of their rights and make America into a Stalinist regime.

They're bright people. The unfortunate thing is that the panhandle of Idaho can't house them all when we build our Right-Wing Internment Camps there.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Apparently, you don't know what work entails.

I have unloaded trailers, loaded trailers, chopped up plastic with a sledgehammer, sorted recycling material in an environment where one needed a mask just to breathe, transported files from one location to another, painted aerospace parts, pulled orders in a stockroom, conducted inventories, retrieved shopping carts, worked on a sales floor, stocked shelves, repaired computers, conducted production tests of electronic devices, assembled electronic systems, provided online and telephone customer service, designed websites, been a security guard, worked on an assembly line, pushed a broom, mopped floors, mowed lawns, served meals, washed dishes, managed an organization, bartended, kept books, and served as a corporate officer.

There isn't much that you can name that I haven't done either to earn money or in a volunteer capacity - and there is much that I have done that I did not list in the above paragraph.

That said - Mitt Romney most certainly is working - and your hatred of him based on his political beliefs, or your disdain for the people who drive our economy - risktakers, entrepeneurs, investors, ect... does not invalidate that fact.

What have you done?
Why doesn't he have sweet Ann get a job? She's spent a lifetime not having one. Wouldn't that be the equitable way of solving this?

Old 03-10-2013, 05:17 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Some people would complain if you crushed their nuts in a golden vise......

Old 03-10-2013, 06:04 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
O.K., however your dictionary listed "homosexual" as the first definition of "gay", while mine listed it last - out of four definitions.

It seemed to me that you were promoting the primary definition of "gay" to mean "homosexual".
You can speculate all you want, but I never said any such thing... I was merely contesting your statement that it ONLY stands for "happy," and anything else you read into that is your imagination at work. And again, you did not cite a source in your first post (in that conversation). So how would I know if it was first or last?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies