Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 05:04 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,078 times

Advertisements

while Mr Kellys professional accomplishments are to be admired, congratulated and even envied, on a personal level hes nothing but a POS scumbag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 AM

39,861 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Mr. Kelly has joined the millions of legal, AR-15 owners. I'm betting that he will come to realize that the mere possession of such a firearm doesn't bring on some crazed desire to go and commit a mass shooting. Lets try looking on it as a teachable moment...particularly if he actually takes it to the rifle range and puts some rounds downrange. He'll actually learn that these are simply modern sporting rifles, not "weapons of mass destruction" that the weak minded like to call them. Heck, when he realizes that they are fun rifles to shoot, maybe he'll become a supporter of civil rights, rather than a one that demands their restriction. He's an intelligent guy, I trust he will realize how dumb his stance on these firearms has been.

Old 03-11-2013, 06:45 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
According to his words he did it to make an anti-gun point.
More likely he got caught, and had to come up with some story to cover for his disgusting hypocrisy.

The fact remains he wants to stop people from having the very weapon he himself bought.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:29 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
More likely he got caught, and had to come up with some story to cover for his disgusting hypocrisy.

The fact remains he wants to stop people from having the very weapon he himself bought.
It's thinking like this that makes me sooooooo glad your side lost the election.

You side is so blinded with hatred, that common sense is never used.

The fact you actually believe Kelly purchased an AR-15 for his own personal use, after he and his wife have been ACTIVELY protesting against ownership of these exact weapons, just shows how little common sense you have.

Kelly was on Capitol Hill testifying for gun control just 1 month ago. He and his wife Giffords are actively doing everything possible to end gun violence in America.

Kelly made these recent gun purchases simply to show how easy it is for people to obtain guns, including AR-15 assault rifles. He did it to prove a point, and nothing more.

Kelly planned to turn over the AR-15 to the police after taking possession, as he stated on his Facebook page. He had no intention of keeping the weapon for himself.

It amazes me that here are two genuinely caring people, who are actively working on Capitol Hill trying to end gun violence in America, and they get called "scumbags" and "hypocrites" by those who sit at home and who do absolutely NOTHING for their country!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:36 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
It's thinking like this that makes me sooooooo glad your side lost the election.

The fact you actually believe Kelly purchased an AR-15 for his own personal use, after he and his wife have been ACTIVELY protesting against ownership of these exact weapons, just shows how little common sense you have.

Kelly was on Capitol Hill testifying for gun control just 1 month ago. He and his wife Giffords are actively doing everything possible to end gun violence in America.

Kelly made these recent gun purchases simply to show how easy it is for people to obtain guns, including AR-15 assault rifles. He did it to prove a point, and nothing more.

Kelly planned to turn over the AR-15 to the police after taking possession, as he stated on his Facebook page. He had no intention of keeping the weapon for himself.

It amazes me that here are two genuinely caring people, who are actively working on Capitol Hill trying to end gun violence in America, and they get called "scumbags" and "hypocrites" by those who sit at home and who do absolutely NOTHING for their country!
So a rocket scientist who already owns guns and knows the process needs to buy a gun to prove that it is easy for a legally authorized citizen to buy a gun? And you believe this?

Maybe I will head across the bridge to Oakland tonight and buy some crack just to show how easy it is to buy crack. If I get busted I can tell the cop I planned on turning it over - I was just showing people how easy it is to buy crack.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

So, just what is Mr. Kelly trying to prove? That when you buy a firearm from a licensed gun dealer that you go through a federal background check? Well...everyone already knows that (well, anyone that hasn't been living under a rock for the last 20 years). Maybe he'll end up demonstrating that a "strawman sale" (which is a federal felony) is hardly ever prosecuted.

He is doing absolutely nothing to "end gun violence" in America. He is working activly to restrict the rights of law abiding Americans, and deserves the contempt he is receiving.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:42 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
"Kelly planned to turn over the AR-15 to the police after taking possession, as he stated on his Facebook page. He had no intention of keeping the weapon for himself."

So, he LIED on a Federal form! The signature line specifically states that "I hereby certify that all information on this form is true..."
He performed a criminal act, by certifying that the information on that form ("this purchase is for my own use") was true!
HE LIED! That is a prosecutable offense! Want to bet no prosecutor will take action?
PLUS, his act in buying those weapons was just that, AN ACT! He filled out the background check forms (just like everybody does, when buying from a dealer), it was called in (just as it is for everybody who buys from a dealer), he passed the check (just as the antis want everybody to do), and he can get his weapons. It proved nothing!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
"Kelly planned to turn over the AR-15 to the police after taking possession, as he stated on his Facebook page. He had no intention of keeping the weapon for himself."

So, he LIED on a Federal form! The signature line specifically states that "I hereby certify that all information on this form is true..."
He performed a criminal act, by certifying that the information on that form ("this purchase is for my own use") was true!
HE LIED! That is a prosecutable offense! Want to bet no prosecutor will take action?
PLUS, his act in buying those weapons was just that, AN ACT! He filled out the background check forms (just like everybody does, when buying from a dealer), it was called in (just as it is for everybody who buys from a dealer), he passed the check (just as the antis want everybody to do), and he can get his weapons. It proved nothing!
Which was my point. The only thing he is demonstrating is that existing gun laws don't work and are nearly never prosecuted. Actually it is once again a good demonstration, of how liberals regularly get away with ignoring the law. Hopefully ATF is paying attention and prosecutes for a change.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
So a rocket scientist who already owns guns and knows the process needs to buy a gun to prove that it is easy for a legally authorized citizen to buy a gun? And you believe this?

Maybe I will head across the bridge to Oakland tonight and buy some crack just to show how easy it is to buy crack. If I get busted I can tell the cop I planned on turning it over - I was just showing people how easy it is to buy crack.
I highly doubt Kelly was trying to prove anything for himself.

He was likely doing it to obtain a real life example of how easily and quickly these kinds of weapons are to obtain, possibly to use the next time he testifies before Congress.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So, just what is Mr. Kelly trying to prove?
Read my below sentence.

Quote:
Rinse.

Repeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies