Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 12:43 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
How the hell are we going to have infrastructure when the moron is going to shut down over 150 small-medium sized airport towers nation wide? I guess he likes to see planes in mid air collisions?

He talks out of both sides of his mouth.
Obama shut down airport towers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 12:45 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Quote:
How the hell are we going to have infrastructure when the moron is going to shut down over 150 small-medium sized airport towers nation wide? I guess he likes to see planes in mid air collisions?

Trying to blame Obama for the cuts Republicans forced on to every? That's priceless.

Or have you forgotten how Republicans were threatening to stop paying the national debt unless Obama agreed with their plan to slash the budget?

Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:

By Obama do you mean the dumb rightwingers who insisted on a sequester to not default on the national debt. Had the righties just raised the debt ceiling as they did 10 times for Reagan and 10 times for W. You would not see that happening.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:58 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Well at least Wisconsin gave us two good things...cheese & Paul Ryan.

Would you like some cheese with that whine, Wisconsin?
Cheese, good.
Ryan, out of touch.

Oh, BTW.
Did you know ryan was a taker-welfare child, a taker? I'll bet you didn't.

Quote:
After his father's death Ryan received Social Security survivors benefits until his 18th birthday, which were saved up in order to pay for his college education.
Most parents who cannot afford to provide a college education will tell their children if they want one, go to work for it. Not the ryan family though.

Yup, the guy that once used, sucked from social security to his benefit is trying to dismantle it. How's that for hypocrisy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Obama shut down airport towers?
Yeah, haven't you heard? O'Hare in Chicago is shut down, pilots are arguing over the two way radios of who is going to land and take off first!

Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
One more time for the peanut gallery, since there are 5 other threads about these tower closings that you should read where I've posted this.

Most small towers in this country are unmanned, which is what this is doing. He isn't shutting down the airport, he is unmanning the towers.

Every small plane operator has landed and taken off from these kinds of small airfields with no air traffic controllers in the tower. You announce your approach on a common channel, you announce your take off on a common channel, and everyone waits their turn. 9 out of 10 take offs you'll never have anyone in the air around you to bother you.

This is not some terrible thing. Its over hyped by people who know nothing about flight and have only seen stuff on TV and think themselves experts.
My buddy runs a little airport in a little hick town you speak of. I asked him if his tower was going to be shut down and he said he hasn't been in it for so long he wouldn't know. Planes land he fuels em up and off they go. Some of these folks think the government has to run everything or the world will come to an end.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 PM

We have a highway bill for infrastructure to fix roads. Obama acts as thought there is no funding for roads at all. All htese loons want is more money to try and push their stupid hi speed rail nonsense. Basically more money to throw in the trash.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Conservo-logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
We have a highway bill for infrastructure to fix roads. Obama acts as thought there is no funding for roads at all. All htese loons want is more money to try and push their stupid hi speed rail nonsense. Basically more money to throw in the trash.

Yep...

High speed rail = bad

Middle east wars = good

Old 03-10-2013, 01:12 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
There is more to infrastructure than streets and roads, were you being facetious? or, didn't you know that?

Old 03-10-2013, 01:14 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
My buddy runs a little airport in a little hick town you speak of. I asked him if his tower was going to be shut down and he said he hasn't been in it for so long he wouldn't know. Planes land he fuels em up and off they go. Some of these folks think the government has to run everything or the world will come to an end.
Its not even small hick towns. Clarksville is the fifth largest city in Tennessee, and outlaw field has a unmanned tower, right next to FT. Campbell.

Most people live within 20 miles of 5 small airports, and don't even know it, most are unmanned.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be cutting elsewhere then from discretionary spending, we should, but to panic about something you know nothing about is silly.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Yep...

High speed rail = bad

Middle east wars = good

If it weren't for those wars in the middle east protecting the petro dollar we wouldn't have ANY money for anything. So you tell me if they're good or bad. Reality is a tough bugger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies