Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 08:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
There are some misguided laws. I thought you were pro 2nd amendment and gun ownership in general?
What does that have to do with a minor in possession of a gun ?
Teens can probably get a gun easier than a pack of cigarettes these days.

Why are you going to the extreme here thinking anyone and everyone should carry a gun ?
You want to throw out all the laws of society and let it go "free for all" here ?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:48 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What does that have to do with a minor in possession of a gun ?
Teens can probably get a gun easier than a pack of cigarettes these days.

Why are you going to the extreme here thinking anyone and everyone should carry a gun ?
You want to throw out all the laws of society and let it go "free for all" here ?
The reason I favor gun ownership is because they're necessary for self defense.

I believe 16 year olds have the right to defend themselves.

So I favor them being able to carry guns.

I also believe society has no natural right to pass laws restricting a man's right to self defense.

Sometimes when you stick to pure morals, your position comes across as extreme when it's just moral.

Now let me ask you, why do you favor gun ownership and why do those principles not apply to a 16 year old?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:49 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
That's what I believe as well. They tolerate crimes committed by their children and neighbors even calling them "good kids" when they have a pretty significant arrest record.

Then when justice finally prevails because it usually catches up to criminals sooner or later, they all cry foul.
That's because we KNOW the people involved. We know what things turned those people around. The outside factors that influenced that person's path.

And people in a community know the good and bad people. Believe it or not, all labeled "criminals" aren't bad people.

Still just trying to provide more perspective.

And in the white community, I know lots of teens who did the same type of crimes as black teens but got off because their parents hired a good attorney or they were able to work out a "plea."

Old 03-12-2013, 08:51 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
So with Whites it happens "in secret" ?
No riots or cries of "He was a good boy" regardless of arrest record.

Whites do NOT do the same thing.
Yes they do. Some whites stuck up for George Zimmerman even when it was determined Trayvon was unarmed.

And FWIW you don't have to riot when you are in power.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you know that you(EdwardA) are more likely to be shot by police then a white person right?
Nah........he's not one of "those people."

Old 03-12-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That's because we KNOW the people involved. We know what things turned those people around. The outside factors that influenced that person's path.

And people in a community know the good and bad people. Believe it or not, all labeled "criminals" aren't bad people.

Still just trying to provide more perspective.

And in the white community, I know lots of teens who did the same type of crimes as black teens but got off because their parents hired a good attorney or they were able to work out a "plea."
In this instance though the teen had a gun and pointed it at the cops.
I would think if it were a White teen the cops would still have shot as they were defending themselves.

When a gun is pointed at you, the color of someone's skin is not a priority in your thinking.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:09 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
you know that you(EdwardA) are more likely to be shot by police then a white person right?
Somehow I managed to live 35 years without either happening. Must have something to do with not engaging in criminal activity.

Riddle me this though am I more likely to be shot by a black male aged 16-35, a similarly aged white male or a cop?

Old 03-12-2013, 09:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
That's what I believe as well. They tolerate crimes committed by their children and neighbors even calling them "good kids" when they have a pretty significant arrest record.

Then when justice finally prevails because it usually catches up to criminals sooner or later, they all cry foul.
African Americans are so disconnected from reality they simply do not understand the connection between an attitude that defends criminals, that is antagonistic towards authority and the spiraling violence in their communities.

Oh well. I understand a 6 month old was killed while her dad was changing her diaper in the car in Chicago. I guess somehow this is the white mans fault. I'm awaiting HoodAtl, Locario or any other of the black apologist on this board to break if down for me.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,371 times
It wouldn't surprise me if the cops planted that pos gun. They're junk. Cops keep the good ones that they steal.

The Bull Cutter: Cops Kill Innocent Person --Again

Old 03-12-2013, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Like I said the issue is not the 16 year old but EdwardA who I observed loves to put down black people over and over. Now he's claiming to be black. So he loves to put down his own kind for what audience?

You don't see anything wrong with that?
And White people don't put down other White people ?
It's just that their race isn't tacked on to the comments.

NYC teen with criminal record pulls gun on cops and cops shoot him.
End of story. Whether he's Black, Hispanic or White shouldn't make a difference.
He pulled a gun on the cops and the cops shot back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies