Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 11:42 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,562,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
How are you so sure that the cops are lying ? If and that is a big if, he did not have a gun I feel for his family even though he was well on his way to the "thug" life. The police should be held accountable if it was a mistake.
If he did have a gun, well then that's one less thug of the street. I'm sure his family is sad for the loss but that is about it. Where is your empathy for the police ? They have to deal with this $hit on a daily basis. Really we can't even debate this until the facts come out.
That is true, and the foxes will investigate themselves. That's the problem.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
It's really simple: If he pointed a gun at the cops, then their reaction is justified. You can't point a firearm at a cop and expect to walk away unscathed.

What really stands out to me is this line: "Kimani’s friends would not say exactly what caused the officers to fire on the gunman."

Then there's the lack of denial that the gun recovered came from Kimani. There's "he wouldn't have a gun" coming from the family, but nobody at the scene is coming forward to deny the revolver recovered at the scene or call it out as a fake or plant. Several stated that they didn't know he was armed - which translates to "Yeah, the gun is his... but we didn't know he even had it!"

Old 03-11-2013, 11:44 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
of course a gun was found, but cops carry 'throw downs'. So that doesn't prove anything.
The kids friends with him at the time say he had a gun. This has been mentioned repeatedly.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
It's really simple: If he pointed a gun at the cops, then their reaction is justified. You can't point a firearm at a cop and expect to walk away unscathed.

What really stands out to me is this line: "Kimani’s friends would not say exactly what caused the officers to fire on the gunman."

Then there's the lack of denial that the gun recovered came from Kimani. There's "he wouldn't have a gun" coming from the family, but nobody at the scene is coming forward to deny the revolver recovered at the scene or call it out as a fake or plant. Several stated that they didn't know he was armed - which translates to "Yeah, the gun is his... but we didn't know he even had it!"
eh, that's ok. there are plenty of posters here more than willing to take up the slack on that one.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
How are you so sure that the cops are lying ? If and that is a big if, he did not have a gun I feel for his family even though he was well on his way to the "thug" life. The police should be held accountable if it was a mistake.
If he did have a gun, well then that's one less thug of the street. I'm sure his family is sad for the loss but that is about it. Where is your empathy for the police ? They have to deal with this $hit on a daily basis. Really we can't even debate this until the facts come out.
Were their lips moving?

Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 AM

Quote:
“He got shot six times, and the police didn’t get shot once,” fumed great-aunt Brenda Nunez of the shooting of Kimani “Kiki” Gray of East Flatbush.

“They didn’t get injured. This cannot go like this. This is murder!”
huh. i guess the cops are supposed to wait until they get shot and injured before returning fire

Old 03-11-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The kids friends with him at the time say he had a gun. This has been mentioned repeatedly.
by you, and I keep asking you to show me. Provide the quote, give me the statement, prove it. I believe you are making that up.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
huh. i guess the cops are supposed to wait until they get shot and injured before returning fire
returning fire? Nobody shot at them.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:52 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
Quote:
SMH, how can you say he was on his way to the "thug life" do you know Kimani? Other this article do you anything about him? No, so stop with the ridiculous assumptions. The police should be held accountable and tried no matter what, btw the witnesses said they did not know he had a gun, you do know police plant everything from drugs to guns on victims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post

Lack of denial from the police, of course they won't come clean cause they have supporters like you who don't question the motives behind these lowlife pigs. If you was not there at the scene than how do you know he pointed the gun at the cops? You don't.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
returning fire? Nobody shot at them.
did i say someone did?

do you agree with the great-aunt that i quoted?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies