Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 PM

607 posts, read 856,299 times

Advertisements

How 2 teens survived deadly Ohio SUV crash; owner says car stolen - CBS News

Quote:
The owner of the SUV says the vehicle had been stolen. The State Highway Patrol says the sport utility vehicle's owner met with police Monday and filed a theft report, saying it was stolen in the city.

Investigators don't yet know why the eight were in the speeding vehicle without permission when it smashed into a guardrail and flipped over into the pond Sunday morning around daybreak, Holt said.

No one in the group had asked to take the vehicle and its owner was not related to any of the teens, Holt said. The vehicle was licensed to a resident of Youngstown, about 20 miles away.
Yes, kids to stupid things.

But this was several deliberate acts of negligence, stupidity, and theft. If you are going to act so irresponsibly, what do you expect?

It would have been said if they killed innocent bystander or another car. They didn't.

It's only sad for the families involved, but no one else.

These people made a conscious decision to act stupidly. As far as I am concerned, 6 criminals are off the streets (they DID steal a car).

The sooner we teach our young people that their actions ALWAYS have consequences, the sooner we will see them more successful and safe.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:19 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,604,210 times
If you don't want to feel bad, then don't. Who's forcing you?

Old 03-13-2013, 09:20 PM

607 posts, read 856,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
If you don't want to feel bad, then don't. Who's forcing you?
Just trying to have a discussion, calm down.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,233 times
then why bother making a post about it
and did every one know the car was stolen?
and when was the wages for thief is death?

Old 03-13-2013, 09:23 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,466,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
How 2 teens survived deadly Ohio SUV crash; owner says car stolen - CBS News

Yes, kids to stupid things.

But this was several deliberate acts of negligence, stupidity, and theft. If you are going to act so irresponsibly, what do you expect?

It would have been said if they killed innocent bystander or another car. They didn't.

It's only sad for the families involved, but no one else.

These people made a conscious decision to act stupidly. As far as I am concerned, 6 criminals are off the streets (they DID steal a car).

The sooner we teach our young people that their actions ALWAYS have consequences, the sooner we will see them more successful and safe.
Yes, I feel sad. Nobody can know how these people would have matured. Stealing a car when you're young and immature doesn't mean you should die. One or all of them may have completely turned their lives around and become wonderful people.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
I heard about this a couple days ago. There were two survivors. One of them I believe says he doesn't know the car was stolen. He said she pulled up to pick him up & there were a bunch of people in it already. No, I don't wish this on anyone. I don't care what their past history was, it's still a tragic story that ended with the driver who made bad decisions.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yes, I feel sad. Nobody can know how these people would have matured. Stealing a car when you're young and immature doesn't mean you should die. One or all of them may have completely turned their lives around and become wonderful people.
The good ol "they were turning their lives around" routine.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:25 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,789,619 times
Death for stealing a car, huh OP?

Your blood runs cold.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
I bet this story would not have died so quickly had these teens been driving home from church in an SUV that was not stolen.

Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
It is sad for the deaths, and mourning the families will feel. Not for stealing something that does not belong to them. However they paid with their life.

This should tell other young people, think before you act, think before you do something that can effect you or your loved ones for the rest of their lives.

This is the wrong conseuence for stealing a car. But one i hope other young people pay attention too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies