Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 02:38 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Democrats retake the house. Or Republicans the senate. Frankly,I see little chance the Dems take the house. Obama is not popular now,and will likely be less so in 2014. Not to mention the fact that his base,blacks and low onfo voters of all stripes,usually don't vote in midterms.
For the GOP,they have a legit chance at the senate. Alaska,Arkansas,West Virginia,North Carolina,Louisiana,Montana are all in play. Not to mention open seat possibilities in Iowa and Michigan. Franken could be vulnerable too.
Keep calling voters "low info"...and I wish the republicans all the best.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I still think that 2 terms for the senate and 6 terms for the house should be passed for term limits. then no career politician gets elected.

a max of 12 years total for any federal political office. meaning if you are a senator for 6 years, then you only get 1 term as president, as 2 terms would put you over 12 years.

also, no retirement at all for any in public service.
I think these should all be volunteer positions, with ethics strictly enforced. Insider trading gets you life in a HARD prison.

Unfortunately, what WE think doesn't count. They're the ones who make up the rules as they go.

Bishop takes pawn.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:15 AM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Many thought the GOP would take the senate in 2012, they lost seats. Show me what polling says about a month before election day and then we'll talk.
All the gun control talk puts a lot of rural state democratic senators on the hot seat. The question is how many of them are up for re-election and do the dems push the topic or just keep flapping their gums about it while letting it quietly go away?

The Senate is always tricky because unlike the house you don't have the luxury of having all the *safe* seats in staunch democratic or republican districts.

History has shown us that even powerhouses like Daaschle can die on the sword of a single issue. (In his case it was anti-gun commentary, ironic no?)

I'm hoping someone posts up a nice list of the seats up and the current senate and house splits so we can have a real discussion without the resident morons showing up and calling each other offensive names. (Too late of course)

Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Republicans are digging their own graves with ther continueing war on women, with their idiotic rape comments, and their continueing support of the stupid tea baggers. I would be shocked if the dems didn't take back the house. they will certainly gain numerous seats and there is no way Repubs will take the senate. By the way, Obama is even more popular that he was before the election.
When was the last time you voted for a repub?

Old 10-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Republicans are digging their own graves with ther continueing war on women, with their idiotic rape comments, and their continueing support of the stupid tea baggers. I would be shocked if the dems didn't take back the house. they will certainly gain numerous seats and there is no way Repubs will take the senate. By the way, Obama is even more popular that he was before the election.
Bump. This whole thread was hillarious.

A reasoned discussion was out of the question about what seats would be up and other key factors....but the partisan hacks sure were certain.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
It is an off election year so the GOP will control the House and the Senate after these elections, but it will be a slim margin and not enough to impose their will over the Dems still there and especially not enough to override any Presidential Veto. My bigger question is what will the Repubs do with their new found power, pass some Bills for change or continue to whine, we shall see next year.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is an off election year so the GOP will control the House and the Senate after these elections, but it will be a slim margin and not enough to impose their will over the Dems still there and especially not enough to override any Presidential Veto. My bigger question is what will the Repubs do with their new found power, pass some Bills for change or continue to whine, we shall see next year.
So, the repubs will win but they won't be able to pass bills because the Dems will obstruct them.

Then in your second sentence you complain about the republicans whining and not passing bills.

Pot meet kettle.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:01 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I think they should take the first 2 years off, not pass any budgets, and what they do pass screws everyone....

Oh wait...nevermind....

Old 10-09-2014, 12:27 PM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
Far better odds that GOP takes Senate. Right now, Iowa Electronic Markets has it at around 81% that the GOP takes the Senate and about 90% they gain seats in the House.

A plurality of the nation will be voting to give Obama and his policies the collective finger next month. All the handwriting is on the wall.

Old 10-09-2014, 12:34 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
I just hope tea bagger idiots aren't the ones voted in. I'm wanting to vote republican this year but I'll never vote for an obstructionist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies