Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:27 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
You look at somebody wrong in today's world your a bully. You want to suspend all students? And the ones who fight back are now bully's too. See the ridiculous liberal mind has now made everyone the culprit in this anti bully game. Now you think the parents of bullies run around and beat people up too? You must watch family guy too much or something.
Why? Are all students bullies? I don't think so. Bullies are bullies. They need to get nice, substantial suspensions. Let the parents deal with them. That should start solving the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 06:30 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Well if you fight back you are fighting so you are a bully and are suspended. If you look at somebody mean and they go whine to the teacher guess what.........you are a bully. You kid around with somebody and they get upset guess what...........you are a bully. I could go on. The entire thing is a joke. The kids know too and just play along or use the system to get at kids they don't like or what they want. Not to hard to do. You folks think kids are stupid and they aren't.

Old 03-19-2013, 06:36 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Well if you fight back you are fighting so you are a bully and are suspended. If you look at somebody mean and they go whine to the teacher guess what.........you are a bully. You kid around with somebody and they get upset guess what...........you are a bully. I could go on. The entire thing is a joke. The kids know too and just play along or use the system to get at kids they don't like or what they want. Not to hard to do. You folks think kids are stupid and they aren't.
lol I'm a former teacher. You have a very interesting concept of bullying. If you report bullying, you're a bully? Yeah? Oi vei zmir!

Old 03-19-2013, 07:36 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I agree that there's a culture of violence. The 1st and foremost example of that is the "hurt the powerless" ideology of Republicans, Teabaggers, and other such right wing trash. So yes, you're right.
Quote:
I don't believe in the paddle. I could never hit a child. I do believe in teaching kids to be kind to one another. However, bullies never got much goodness from me.
So from these two posts one can assume you're "Republican, Teabagger, or other such right wing trash" to use a generalization I've seen used once or twice.

Bullying is an attention seeking behavior, if said bully is observing your behavior to them is different than your behavior to others, and it's clearly negative ("Never got much goodness from me"), then you are part of the problem, and are "hurting the powerless", because while that bully might be King/Queen ***** in the schoolyard, they're certainly not in the classroom.

Violence is not solely physical, seems you might like to consider that; using your criteria, you fall into the category of the thing you appear to despise. There's a name for that.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times
Quote:
lol I'm a former teacher. You have a very interesting concept of bullying. If you report bullying, you're a bully? Yeah? Oi vei zmir!
Do you think children won't lie about being bullied? Nah that will never happen and children always tell the truth.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:18 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Do you think children won't lie about being bullied? Nah that will never happen and children always tell the truth.
From what I've seen a lot of kids do lie about bullying. They don't let their parents or anyone else know that they are being bullied at school. In fact, I would bet that's true for the majority of bullied students. I think many parents would be horrified if they knew what their sons and daughters went through every day at school.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:21 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
"Beaten into tripping...."
And your problem with that is?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:27 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,649,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
And your problem with that is?
I'm not sure, I can't find the posting that came from.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
There's no reason that physical violence should be tolerated at a school any more than it is in a workplace or a church or anywhere else in public. We give kids a pass because "kids are just kids." But any kid over the age of 6 can control their behavior. You don't see them beating up other kids in a store, or at church. They do it at school because somehow it's accepted as par for the course.

I think bullying continues to occur in part because we the adults, the schools, the parents allow bullying. And arguing that a kid should just fight back, meet violence with more violence, is only encouraging more violence, not less.

School officials allow it by giving out measly 2-day suspensions for an assault in which the victim gets a broken nose and a concussion. Parents allow it, like the father of one of the attackers in this case, by defending their kids who bully.

Why doesn't our legal system allow fining the parents of these miscreants? I'll bet if a parent had to pay a $100 fine every day their kid beat someone else up, they would find a way to get their kid to stop. Why don't kids get suspended for 6 months and let their parents deal with their unruly child? Why aren't there more consequences for the bullying that makes school a living hell for hundreds of thousands of children?
Because we're not all liberals who want government to solve our problems. I was bullied in school. My friends were bullied in school. I got in schoolyard fights. It has been going on for thousands of years. It's a normal part of growing up. We do not need federal anti-bullying legislation. We do not need Zero Tolerance policies. It's nanny state meddling. We have existing laws for assault and harassment. If the bullying progresses to that stage, then use those laws.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
That's a fight that lead to death, call it murder
You can't call it murder since a fight that leads to death isn't murder. It is manslaughter. Which I have already advocated charging these kids with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies