Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should "no insurance allowed" practices be banned?
Yes 9 13.04%
No 60 86.96%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 12:20 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The author of this article interjected his own opinion throughout the article.
Did you note that the MDs are on board for Obama care?

Pay for service MDs have been around forever and most of them charge substantially more than is customary. Does anyone think Ann Romney's MS healthcare was dictated by an insurance company?

The ultra wealthy have always had better access to healthcare than the masses.

While it's quaint that some of these MDs are willing to trade services for pickles, that's rarely the case and certainly not something available to 314 million people in the U.S.
It doesn't need to be available for 314 million Americans, just a choice for those who don't want to stay in line like cattle at a hospital practice. The one doctor in CO has 2,000 cash only patients.

I think this is a great trend and a choice moving forward for the middle class.

Did you choose "yes"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 12:21 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I don't like this trend but I don't think it's up to me to ban private, no-insurance practices.

P.S. I was NOT the lone 'yes' vote.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I don't like this trend but I don't think it's up to me to ban private, no-insurance practices.

P.S. I was NOT the lone 'yes' vote.
Why do you not like this trend? Do you support corporate practices or the little guy who's trying to make a living and opting out of big corporate practices even for less overall pay?

If it's not up to "you", should it be up to government?

Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Why do you not like this trend? Do you support corporate practices or the little guy who's trying to make a living and opting out of big corporate practices even for less overall pay?
I don't like it because if it caught on in my area, it would decrease the supply of affordable medical options still further, and it's already hard enough to find a decent GP what with half of California moving here every other day.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
I don't like it because if it caught on in my area, it would decrease the supply of affordable medical options still further, and it's already hard enough to find a decent GP what with half of California moving here every other day.
Why would it necessarily do that? Those people can line up at the local clinic or hospital practice if they want.

Health care can be affordable, accessible and high quality: pick 2.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Why would it necessarily do that? Those people can line up at the local clinic or hospital practice if they want.

Health care can be affordable, accessible and high quality: pick 2.
Heh...well right now, at least around here, it is NONE of those things.

Stop trying to pick a fight with me. I voted 'no.'

Leave me alone.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Heh...well right now, at least around here, it is NONE of those things.

Stop trying to pick a fight with me. I voted 'no.'

Leave me alone.
You said that it's not up to "you". Is it up to government? Just trying to clarify since what you said doesn't address the poll question. Just wanted to make sure your "no" answer is valid with your philosophy. Would you cheer government banning "cash only" practices?

Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 PM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
There's definitely consolidation involved. IIRC, private practices are closing shop and the doctors are being assimilated into large faceless corporate practices, decreasing doctor-to-patient consultation times and making the process appear more like a deli counter than health care.
That has been going on for a long time.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
You said that it's not up to "you". Is it up to government? Just trying to clarify since what you said doesn't address the poll question. Just wanted to make sure your "no" answer is valid with your philosophy. Would you cheer government banning "cash only" practices?

I asked you politely to stop trying to pick a fight with me. I don't have to explain myself to you.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
I asked you politely to stop trying to pick a fight with me. I don't have to explain myself to you.
LOL, it's not like I'm going to reach over your monitor and choke you if you don't, but I don't have to explain my persistence for you to clarify your answer. You said it's not up to "you". My assumption is that you wouldn't mind and would even be gleeful that it were banned, to prevent the very trend you fear occurring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies