Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:16 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,014,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Nice sensationalism.

Obama said there is " no immediate crisis. " The " chill out" seems to be your own value add.

This is all about SS and Medicare entitlements. Instead, people seem focused on welfare mamas and that the Obama family did not dine on a 59 cent can of corn last night.
He said its at a sustainable level for the next 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 11:17 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
I wonder where he buys his rose colored glasses. He seems to know a lot for a chump that never held a job before or owned a business. 176 days wonder boy is about it.

The rest i wonder about is if there will be another election ever............. and when puppet man will step down if he does, and what the USA will be when and if that happens.......

I guess maybe golf ball makers and gun makers are doing well.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:18 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Did you even read the article you posted?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Did you even read the article you posted?
Sure did. You?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Usually Obama says the opposite of his actions.

If this is the case then we should start to worry.

Remember the last time we were told not to worry ..the housing crash was "self contained" ?
LOL....

Old 03-13-2013, 11:35 AM

Funny that Obama basically says they've done enough and it's sustainable for 10 years, and the leaders of his own debt commission (remember them?) completely contradict him:

"Second, Erskine Bowles and Alan Simpson are now saying we are nowhere near accomplishing the amount of deficit reduction needed to put the government on sustainable path."

Old 03-13-2013, 11:36 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Sure did. You?
Yeah, that's why I wondered why you didn't comprehend the article.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Yeah, that's why I wondered why you didn't comprehend the article.
I comprehended it just fine, thank you. If you need some help with the big words, let me know.

Cue the post in which you tell me Obama didn't really say what the article says he said. If that's the case, take it up with the author.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Too Obama the debt is no big deal because he knows that is what is propping our dead economy. See, he is more concerned with his legacy and he wants it written where the economy showed gains over the Bush years. His legacy will include Obamacare, amnesty for illegals, and successfully steering the economy away from a depression.

Why would Obama want to destroy his legacy and cut the deficit and thus slowing our propped up dead economy?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
We don't have a debt crisis.

Quote:
It’s hard to turn on your TV or read an editorial page these days without encountering someone declaring, with an air of great seriousness, that excessive spending and the resulting budget deficit is our biggest problem. Such declarations are rarely accompanied by any argument about why we should believe this; it’s supposed to be part of what everyone knows.

This is, however, a case in which what everyone knows just ain’t so. The budget deficit isn’t our biggest problem, by a long shot. Furthermore, it’s a problem that is already, to a large degree, solved. The medium-term budget outlook isn’t great, but it’s not terrible either — and the long-term outlook gets much more attention than it should.
Recently the nonpartisan Center on Budget and Policy Priorities took Congressional Budget Office projections for the next decade and updated them to take account of two major deficit-reduction actions: the spending cuts agreed to in 2011, amounting to almost $1.5 trillion over the next decade; and the roughly $600 billion in tax increases on the affluent agreed to at the beginning of this year. What the center finds is a budget outlook that, as I said, isn’t great but isn’t terrible: It projects that the ratio of debt to G.D.P., the standard measure of America’s debt position, will be only modestly higher in 2022 than it is now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies