Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 02:58 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Well that's totally wrong.

Ok you say I am wrong but don't give any backup or reason that you make that claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 03:05 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok you say I am wrong but don't give any backup or reason that you make that claim.
You made the unsupported statement as if it were a matter of fact. Its up to you to prove it. But as it so happens, you inspired this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-flunking.html

And I could go on from there to explain there are all kinds of debt relationships that have entirely different meanings. I could list 50 probably in 5 minutes. And the truth is, I tire of explaining it. It is counterintiuitive and must be learned, and no one with a check book buying a bag of groceries is qualified.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:08 PM

I say again, paying interest is wasting money. Yet Obama runs around the country saying raise taxes instead of saying reduce our debt. Do you actually think it is good to have accumulated so much debt that a huge chunk of our tax dollar is used to pay the interest instead.

Any one with a lot of debt understands how that debt can decrease their standard of life. Not Obama, not the democrats.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Well then we don't need higher taxes either.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:14 PM

In an exclusive interview with George Stephanopoulos, President Obama said, "We don't have an immediate crisis in terms of debt...In fact, for the next 10 years, it's gonna be in a sustainable place." How is a $16.7 trillion debt, which continues to grow not a problem. So keep wasting our tax dollar on paying debt and interest on that debt instead of fixing it.

President Obama and his Democrats just don't get it. How can they fix our debt crisis if they don't even recognize it is a problem?

Old 03-13-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is puts a large portion of the country in the hole.
It does not. I believe the national debt is pure fiction. Do you know what chartalism is? That is the money system I believe we have, and quite absolutely since 1971. If you were expecting a default, you missed it.

Let me show you.

Nixon Ends Bretton Woods International Monetary System - YouTube

What's the money now? People passed around treasuries cause they we as good as gold. So we were passing around treasuries which meant you would be paid Federal Reserve Notes which were, at one time, good for gold even if few people actually wanted it. If 100 pieces of gold in a small town were passed around the prices would be a 100 gold piece economy. If 10 more gold pieces came to the town , then it would be a 110 gold piece economy and prices would float up. If good as gold government debt were added like 10 pieces of gold worth then the economy would run on 110 gold + 10 good as gold treasuries and notes. Now its all notes, and national debt. So now what are you going to do sport? Retire the entire money supply?

Old 03-13-2013, 03:35 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
It does not. I believe the national debt is pure fiction. Do you know what chartalism is? That is the money system I believe we have, and quite absolutely since 1971. If you were expecting a default, you missed it.
Maybe so but the government is going to try and get more and more of your fiction to pay off their fiction.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Maybe so but the government is going to try and get more and more of your fiction to pay off their fiction.

I mean no offense, but I really don't know what that meant.

What is the money? Show me the money?

Does the money come from the market? They owe IOUs. I know what IOUs are but why make IOU #1 to be good for IOU #2. So a Treasury Note, IOU number one, means at maturity you will get a Federal Reserve Note, IOU #2. That's good for another note or for paying taxes.

I am a metal man too its just that I think the metal involved is lead, titanium and depleted uranium circulating at thousands of feet per second.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Well then we don't need higher taxes either.
That we don't, especially FICA. Just somebody create enough supply of credit until we get to a decent employment rate and do something about that leaking out of the country as foreign debt.

Even ask the IMF

Money Matters, an IMF Exhibit -- The Importance of Global Cooperation, System in Crisis (1959-1971), Part 4 of 7
If the United States stopped running balance of payments deficits, the international community would lose its largest source of additions to reserves. The resulting shortage of liquidity could pull the world economy into a contractionary spiral, leading to instability

balance the budget and we will go into a depression because the world uses our debt for savings and transactions. If we print money then we will go more into debt. About the only solution is to buy up industrial production with the paper , but then the world kinda does not like that too much, ya know having all their industry owned by the US. Like a Chavez?

This ain't about clipping coupons to put another $50 for the monthly mortgage payment people. This is OZ.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:32 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
I mean no offense, but I really don't know what that meant.

What is the money? Show me the money?

Does the money come from the market? They owe IOUs. I know what IOUs are but why make IOU #1 to be good for IOU #2. So a Treasury Note, IOU number one, means at maturity you will get a Federal Reserve Note, IOU #2. That's good for another note or for paying taxes.

I am a metal man too its just that I think the metal involved is lead, titanium and depleted uranium circulating at thousands of feet per second.
Shape shifter's I tell you. They will get us in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies