Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:28 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Reasonable for fascists. Thieves should be punished, but death is too extreme.
I'll grant you that sentencing someone to death if they are captured by law enforcement after their crime is a bit extreme for theft. But I feel no sympathy with some scumbags if they die while stealing from someone else, either at the hands of their intended victim, or their own hands due to stupidity. A little chlorine in the gene pool can be a good thing.

I do feel for the victim in this case, who had his/her car stolen and destroyed.

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
publically weep? ubetcha. of course privately another story.
sort of like muslims after 911, publically lament, but go back to dearborn that night and party hearty.

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Was it a nice SUV?
I think it was -- I felt bad for the owner of the vehicle. If I have any sympathy for the thieves, it was that their parenting was so non-existent that they thought it was okay to steal someone's vehicle.

By age 7, I knew stealing a car was the wrong thing to do, and these kids were definitely old enough that they should have had some sense of right versus wrong. Crappy parenting -- so yeah poor kids, too bad no one ever taught them morals. And obviously they could have killed some innocent person or family.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:30 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think it was -- I felt bad for the owner of the vehicle. If I have any sympathy for the thieves, it was that their parenting was so non-existent that they thought it was okay to steal someone's vehicle.

By age 7, I knew stealing a car was the wrong thing to do, and these kids were definitely old enough that they should have had some sense of right versus wrong. Crappy parenting -- so yeah poor kids, too bad no one ever taught them morals. And obviously they could have killed some innocent person or family.
It appears that there are a good number of posters on this thread that were raised by those with similar parenting skills. I see a lot more sympathy for the criminals than their victim.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM

137 posts, read 136,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
It's very possible that one or two of the teens stole the vehicle and played it off that it was theirs. The driver was 19 and it's very reasonable for a 19 year old to have a car. He could have played it off as his and invited the remaining teens to ride along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Give me a break, when people start lamenting the guilty instead of the the victims I feel less, not more sympathy towards the crooks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I am not asserting they are guilty of actively participating in a felony.... I am not denying anyone the presumption of innocence, I am only acknowledging they may be active participants in a crime.
You are doing more than acknowledging it.... Your statement is quite assertive.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:31 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I'll grant you that sentencing someone to death if they are captured by law enforcement after their crime is a bit extreme. But I feel no sympathy with some scumbags if they die while stealing from someone else, either at the hands of their intended victim, or their own hands due to stupidity. A little chlorine in the gene pool can be a good thing.

I do feel for the victim in this case, who had his/her car stolen and destroyed.
So 6 dead teenagers brings you joy. Say no more.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:33 PM

137 posts, read 136,098 times
Quote:
It appears that there are a good number of posters on this thread that were raised by those with similar parenting skills. I see a lot more sympathy for the criminals than their victim.
Or victims. The article didn't give much insight on which of those in the cars were criminals and which were victims. Certainly it's horrible that someone had their car stolen and wrecked. But it's much worse of some crook stole a car, invited his friends for a ride without them knowing it was stolen, and being killed.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:35 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,028 times
Quote:
I'll grant you that sentencing someone to death if they are captured by law enforcement after their crime is a bit extreme for theft. But I feel no sympathy with some scumbags if they die while stealing from someone else, either at the hands of their intended victim, or their own hands due to stupidity. A little chlorine in the gene pool can be a good thing.

I doubt it. I really doubt it. Joy over the deaths of car thieves does not equal sympathy for the victim.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:38 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
How 2 teens survived deadly Ohio SUV crash; owner says car stolen - CBS News

Yes, kids to stupid things.

But this was several deliberate acts of negligence, stupidity, and theft. If you are going to act so irresponsibly, what do you expect?

It would have been said if they killed innocent bystander or another car. They didn't.

It's only sad for the families involved, but no one else.

These people made a conscious decision to act stupidly. As far as I am concerned, 6 criminals are off the streets (they DID steal a car).

The sooner we teach our young people that their actions ALWAYS have consequences, the sooner we will see them more successful and safe.
Nope, you choose to gloat at the misfortune and death of others.
Enough so that you started this thread.
What a great guy, wonderful outlook on others.
Perhaps someone in your family might do something really stupid and die.
Then others could gloat at your family.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenured View Post
You are doing more than acknowledging it.... Your statement is quite assertive.
And you are taking statements out of context.
I think I already asked this once, been lying long?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies