Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 08:45 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
...each store has to send all of those items out to labs to be tested, do paperwork to justify the ingredient and nutritional information for each item to the FDA and then create signage and train employees to use it.

FDA head says menu labeling 'thorny' issue
And some moron will come on here and tell you stores with less than 20 locations are exempt.

So if I own 25 stores and I got a competitor that has 17, I will file suit and claim it is unfair to require me to meet these standards while he doesn't have to. And I will win. And everyone will then have to comply. No matter how small.

That makes it harder for new competition to enter the marketplace. It makes it harder for small businessmen to expand. And the politicians can blame the courts for it.

This is why big business often times likes regulation. It crushes competition from the small guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 08:47 AM

29,459 posts, read 16,443,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
ObamaCare adds new costs that we never had before, we have new taxes, new fees, new regulatory mandates. Employers lay off employees or cut their hours, or raises their prices to their customers, in an attempt to offset the new cost ObamaCare imposes on them.

ObamaCare is a giant sucking maw, that swallows up your money from every place it can think of. Even if you sell a home for $400,000 or more, ObamaCare is there to take 3.8% of your sale. If you are a veterinarian who wants to buy a new x-ray machine, or even get a sun tan, ObamaCare is there to slap a new tax on you.
There is an entire thread that already debunked what was said in the above comment.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,659,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I suppose asking the customer to use a little common sense in how they choose their food at a restaurant is out of the question, eh?

The 1300 calorie salad, was it lettuce, with tomato, julienne carrots tossed with a vinaigrette dressing? No?

Was the 1900 calorie chicken dinner, one that used butter, heavy cream and lots of cheese, pasta dish like a chicken & shrimp carbonara?

If you are ordering a salad chocked full of bacon, fruit, cheese and a heavy cream dressing, or a pasta dish with a creamy cheese sauce, and shrimp, then you aren't counting calories anyway.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,024,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There is an entire thread that already debunked what was said in the above comment.
A thread may exist, but I dont think it debunks a thing.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Debunked? ObamaCare is loaded with new taxes, fees, and costs, only an ignorant person would state otherwise. Are you ignorant?

Old 03-14-2013, 08:58 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,461,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
But that's okay. They are greedy businessmen. They can afford it.

And what kinda moron goes to a bakery wanting to now what the calorie count of a cream filled donut is anyway. I assume people that buy food at a bakery, fast food etc... either don't care about calories to begin with or aint worried about it the day they are there. lols.

It's like when they put calorie counts on alcohol. Yeah, that's what people are worried about when getting a bottle of booze. lols.
Your assumption is incorrect. People that care about their weight and have some modicum of self-control - can certainly enter a bakery and order something. If they are smart; they will factor in those calories for the rest of their day and make the appropriate adjustments to the remainder of their meals and/or their exercise routine.

Obviously something you know little about. lols.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:59 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,968,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
FDA: Calorie-count mandate of ObamaCare “extremely thorny” « Hot Air

Ok big government, more rules/regs loving fools, when the hell is enough enough? This over reaching pile of excrement also wants to force even grocery stores, among others to post calorie counts.

Stupid and a complete waste of time, money, and effort. Big government shows no bounds in its far reaching stupidity.

No one reads calorie counts. There is zero valid justification for this. You don't have to be a genius to know what foods are fatter than others. This would be just laughable if it weren't actually happening.
Just because you have no desire to live a healthy lifestyle, don't assume everyone is like you.

Maybe you should check out our Exercise and Fitness, and Dieting / Weight Loss Forums?

Calorie counts are very important to those of us who actually care about eating healthy.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
A thread may exist, but I dont think it debunks a thing.
No kidding. These idiots think it is cost free to send the FDA a sample of every single recipe you create, and then justify each and every ingredient, and then affix labels for every item? Your average pizza place has hundreds of different variations of pizza, pasta and combinations of foods. Are they supposed to send all of these samples to the FDA, then justify their ingredients?

Not to mention the hundreds of restaurants all sending in their samples as well. Obama would need to add a whole entire new division of government to deal with the sheer volume of food coming in. Oh, but some ignorant person on a forums with letters and numbers in his name says this has all been "debunked." now i see why Obama got reelected, the nation is being overrun with ignorant people.

Domino’s Pizza is facing a different dilemma regarding complying with Obamacare. The company is working with federal regulators to determine how to meet a mandate requiring chain restaurants to post calorie counts on their menus, AnnArbor.com reports. The mandate will begin being enforced next March.

“There are 33 million ways to sell a Domino’s Pizza, so coming up with a way to put calories in a menu for 33 million varieties is a little bit difficult,” said Domino’s CEO J.

Domino

Old 03-14-2013, 09:05 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Your assumption is incorrect. People that care about their weight and have some modicum of self-control - can certainly enter a bakery and order something. If they are smart; they will factor in those calories for the rest of their day and make the appropriate adjustments to the remainder of their meals and/or their exercise routine.

Obviously something you know little about. lols.
O.........M..........G

Old 03-14-2013, 09:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,186,320 times
Quote:
FDA: Calorie-count mandate of ObamaCare “extremely thorny” « Hot Air

Ok big government, more rules/regs loving fools, when the hell is enough enough? This over reaching pile of excrement also wants to force even grocery stores, among others to post calorie counts.

Stupid and a complete waste of time, money, and effort. Big government shows no bounds in its far reaching stupidity.

No one reads calorie counts. There is zero valid justification for this. You don't have to be a genius to know what foods are fatter than others. This would be just laughable if it weren't actually happening.
Wrong. I read labels and I think all food should be labeled. I think restaurant menus should also be labeled. In fact I won't eat at restaurants that do not publish nutritional information about the food they serve. With most large chains you can get this info on their websites; even some smaller local chains and mom and pops have started posting this info on their websites.

I have a right to know what I'm putting in my body and if a restaurant doesn't want to tell me, I'm sure as hell not going to eat there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies