Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2013, 03:16 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Boohoo. I can't find a job that pays me $75K a year with bennies. Life's so unfair.
Honestly.. there are jobs out there that pay 75K for 6 to 8 months WITH bennies...but some of them wouldn't like what they had to do. Work over 40 hours. No way. Be away from home for months. No way. No paid-vacation. No way. Work on Sunday.. No way. Drug test. No way. We hear it all... every day...

Old 03-14-2013, 03:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
To kids, society is led by adults.
But once they hit teen years who is the last adult they listen to ?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:18 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Typical. Just do one thing for me. The next time you see a kid who is burdened by student debt, think how lucky you are that you will never have to pay that government debts you have wracked up for us.
Personally, I think people who complain about student debt were unable to work while studying.

While working may not be able to pay for everything, it at least pays for living. Get the living part covered, and suddenly debt is much smaller.

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano
Much of the Democratic agenda has done a great disservice to today's youth by over-emphasizing college education. Some Republicans do this too. There is a looming shortage of skilled workers in manufacturing. Machinists are in short supply. Some manufacturing jobs are coming back to the US. But there need to be people ready to take those jobs. We don't need history majors, or philosophy, or psychology graduates.
They just had a report on TV where there are "a lot of jobs" in the oil industry in Texas.

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Definatly not the old farts on CD

Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Typical. Just do one thing for me. The next time you see a kid who is burdened by student debt, think how lucky you are that you will never have to pay that government debts you have wracked up for us. You got to enjoy your lower taxes, and good strong entitlements, so next time you see a young person have some empathy, because in 20 years you will sure as **** hope we have empathy for you.
Oh yea, student debt. Subsidize the poor driving up the cost of education then even the middle class can't afford it anymore and have to take on huge debt. But hey, the poor get a free education and the middle class just got screwed again.

Subsidize -> Bubble (sky high prices) -> Crash

Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Personally, I think people who complain about student debt were unable to work while studying.

While working may not be able to pay for everything, it at least pays for living. Get the living part covered, and suddenly debt is much smaller.
Debt is always a choice, but it is not something that should constantly be brought up as a character judgment. The fact is most people will pay it off.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well, I dunno, I was never really a kid who rebelled against anything.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:21 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Oh yea, student debt. Subsidize the poor driving up the cost of education then even the middle class can't afford it anymore and have to take on huge debt. But hey, the poor get a free education so life is good right.

Subsidize -> Bubble -> Crash
We subsidize everything right down to the gas you put in your car and the mortgage on your house if you have one. Why single out one thing?

Old 03-14-2013, 03:22 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Typical. Just do one thing for me. The next time you see a kid who is burdened by student debt, think how lucky you are that you will never have to pay that government debts you have wracked up for us. You got to enjoy your lower taxes, and good strong entitlements, so next time you see a young person have some empathy, because in 20 years you will sure as **** hope we have empathy for you.
I will... as long as you promise to pay off your debt that you signed on for willingly and not expect forgiveness paid for by my tax dollars. Enjoy that college education that I couldn't afford when I was young. Hopefully, you will make it... (See I don't wish the worst for you)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies