Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 03:45 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, he owns a construction company that employs at least twenty people (the most recent figure I could find).

It is also a union shop.

What's your point?
He must be one of those greedy business owners that paid slave wages and worked his people 100 hours a week.

Probably forced 3 year old illegal mexicans to work too.

Employees do not unionize unless the boss is an arsehole.

I'm sure Shultz fits the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Ed's wife is battling cancer which might have something to do with him moving from his time slot. Say what you will about Ed but nobody stands up for the working class like he does.
lols.

That's why his employees formed a union. bcuase he looks out for the working guy. LMFAO.

He must be a jack ass to work for, no other reason to unionize.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:01 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
lols.

That's why his employees formed a union. bcuase he looks out for the working guy. LMFAO.

Or.....he could be an employer who supports the unions.

You have no proof otherwise.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Or.....he could be an employer who supports the unions.

My entire life I've been told by the lefties that unions are necessary because the CEO is a jack ass.

So, this Ed Shultz lady must be a jack ass.

I bet if the union weren't there to keep Ed in line he would be paying them 10 cents an hour. Thank goodness for the unions.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:11 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
My entire life I've been told by the lefties that unions are necessary because the CEO is a jack ass.

So, this Ed Shultz lady must be a jack ass.

I bet if the union weren't there to keep Ed in line he would be paying them 10 cents an hour. Thank goodness for the unions.
All you have is speculation; you have no proof.

Quote:
Never said I did.

You, however, seem to want everyone to think you have a crystal ball or some special inside track on how Ed Schultz conducts his business when you have no proof whatsoever whether or not he's a crappy boss or whether or not he'd pay them "10 cents an hour."

But, hey! If you'd like to post some PROOF of what you say instead of just tossing out baseless accusations, I'd be happy to read them.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
All you have is speculation; you have no proof.

Never said I did.

You, however, seem to want everyone to think you have a crystal ball or some special inside track on how Ed Schultz conducts his business when you have no proof whatsoever whether or not he's a crappy boss or whether or not he'd pay them "10 cents an hour."

But, hey! If you'd like to post some PROOF of what you say instead of just tossing out baseless accusations, I'd be happy to read them.
hey, I'm just going on what the lefties tell me.

They always say without unions employers would pay 10 cents an hour, force 100 hour weeks, employ chiildren etc..... with no proof whatsoever.

Using leftie "logic" I have to assume that Ed Shutz is not a good boss, otherwise his shop would not be union.

Or could it just be that the lefties and unions are liars?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:19 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
After getting the 47% exclusive last night?
Actually that was a great interview, comment below that was not included previously

Quote:
He said most of the workers at the factory, which Bain was considering buying, were young women. They lived in cramped dorm rooms, with as many as a dozen in each room, provided by the factory. When he and his colleagues asked why the factory was surrounded by a big fence and guard towers, Romney said they were told it was to keep people who wanted to work at the factory from trying to break into the facility. Romney told those attending the fundraiser that the story illustrates how lucky Americans are to have been born in the United States. “Ninety-five percent of life is settled if you’re born in America,” he recalled his partner telling him after seeing the factory. “This is an amazing land. What we have is unique and fortunately we’re sharing it with the world.”

Old 03-14-2013, 04:40 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
lols.

You obviously know nothing about unions other than what you hear from the likes of lowlives like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, both liars and anti-union.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
You obviously know nothing about unions other than what you hear from the likes of lowlives like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, both liars and anti-union.
I'm just going on what the lefties told me about unions. Only reason to form one is because the boss is a slave driver without them. So, using leftie "logic" I have to figure this ed Shultz lady is a bad boss or no need for a union.

Also, I've worked in manufcturing for 20 years. I picked up a few things about unions over the years. Never joined one though, nor would I.

If unions are there to protect workers from bad employers then why is it wrong to assume Shultz is a bad employer and doesn't care for the "working man."

Old 03-14-2013, 05:11 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,036,409 times
Quote:
I'm just going on what the lefties told me about unions. Only reason to form one is because the boss is a slave driver without them. So, using leftie "logic" I have to figure this ed Shultz lady is a bad boss or no need for a union.

Also, I've worked in manufcturing for 20 years. I picked up a few things about unions over the years. Never joined one though, nor would I.

If unions are there to protect workers from bad employers then why is it wrong to assume Shultz is a bad employer and doesn't care for the "working man."
How many times has Ed's employees gone on strike? That would indicate what kind of boss he is compared to your twisted logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies