Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 02:29 PM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times

Advertisements

Veterans Often Wait Over A Year For Benefits, Some Wait Up To 642 Days As VA Struggles To Handle Claims

OK So I read this article, and The President claims he does all he can to help veterans, and I know some vets who voted for him. They may be as disappointed as myself right now with this report.

According to this article, the V.A. has a backlog of new claims and thanks to Obama's heath care and medical cuts, they cannot get our veterans the help they need when they need it. The wait time for benefits + the number of applicants = overwhelmed agency

To me, this is unacceptable. In my opinion, and in my votes, Veterans would get better, in fact, they should get what they need without wait.
The problem is the V A system itself, and I know because I have had to deal with clients over the years through the V.A. If the president is so set on helping Veterans, like he claims, then this would be a good place to start.
The system needs fixing, yes, but so far, little has been done to "fix" anything. Much of what has been attempted has failed anyway, and I say that from within the health system.
(Hopefully this post will not get deleted like 95% of mine on the politics forums usually do.)
I would hope that there would be enough concern in Washington to provide for these men and women who risked their lives for us. That is the least that they deserve. In my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2013, 02:50 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,568 times
Damn this is bad, health for veterans is not something we should skimp on.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
With all the troops now coming home I would think the VA is going to be overwhelmed for a while regardless of cuts.
The Vets deserve this care more and should be an administration priority.

Old 03-14-2013, 04:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Veterans Often Wait Over A Year For Benefits, Some Wait Up To 642 Days As VA Struggles To Handle Claims

OK So I read this article, and The President claims he does all he can to help veterans, and I know some vets who voted for him. They may be as disappointed as myself right now with this report.

According to this article, the V.A. has a backlog of new claims and thanks to Obama's heath care and medical cuts, they cannot get our veterans the help they need when they need it. The wait time for benefits + the number of applicants = overwhelmed agency

To me, this is unacceptable. In my opinion, and in my votes, Veterans would get better, in fact, they should get what they need without wait.
The problem is the V A system itself, and I know because I have had to deal with clients over the years through the V.A. If the president is so set on helping Veterans, like he claims, then this would be a good place to start.
The system needs fixing, yes, but so far, little has been done to "fix" anything. Much of what has been attempted has failed anyway, and I say that from within the health system.
(Hopefully this post will not get deleted like 95% of mine on the politics forums usually do.)
I would hope that there would be enough concern in Washington to provide for these men and women who risked their lives for us. That is the least that they deserve. In my opinion.

This must be isolated...

My dad passed away in late January. Not wanting to let go, I mulled around to get his VA life insurance and death benefits started.

The VA contacted me, sent me all the paperwork. The walked me through the questions I had with all the paperwork and within 2 weeks I had it to me in the mail.

My sister and my wife were impressed how fast it was to get it back.

Now, for his military grave marker. Bronze or granite or sandstone. The decisions......

Old 03-14-2013, 04:39 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
My mother-in-law's husband has been waiting for 2 years to get help with assisted living. He is a World War II vet and has completely exhausted their savings and sold their house. They have nothing now. It is excuse after excuse from the VA why it is taking so long to get some help. Yet illegal immigrants and their spawn get all the help they need from our government.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
My mother-in-law's husband has been waiting for 2 years to get help with assisted living. He is a World War II vet and has completely exhausted their savings and sold their house. They have nothing now. It is excuse after excuse from the VA why it is taking so long to get some help. Yet illegal immigrants and their spawn get all the help they need from our government.

My dad never relied on the VA for medical or assisted care. He called it death row.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:31 PM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
My dad never relied on the VA for medical or assisted care. He called it death row.
He and my mother-in-law are both disabled they don't have a choice. The funds are there for our vets so why not use them? Maybe after they are dead the money will finally come through. Our elderly and vets are second class citizens in this country while there always seems to be funds for welfare queens, illegal immigrants and other scammers.

Old 03-14-2013, 05:33 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
This must be isolated...

My dad passed away in late January. Not wanting to let go, I mulled around to get his VA life insurance and death benefits started.

The VA contacted me, sent me all the paperwork. The walked me through the questions I had with all the paperwork and within 2 weeks I had it to me in the mail.

My sister and my wife were impressed how fast it was to get it back.

Now, for his military grave marker. Bronze or granite or sandstone. The decisions......
I've been waiting 2 years for a decision....

Old 03-14-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I've been waiting 2 years for a decision....

This must be for healthcare ans assisted living. I can see a huge backlog in those departments of the VA.

Financial Services,(pensions and benefits) is on the ball.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:05 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
This must be for healthcare ans assisted living. I can see a huge backlog in those departments of the VA.

Financial Services,(pensions and benefits) is on the ball.
Nope.....This is what I'm doing (in bold above).

I had a date of November last year, and it was bumped to this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies