Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So we're labeled by race now?

How bout gender? How about all guys are stoned for all sins of other men.
Didn't you know, the "you're an example for everyone in your demographic" only applies to minority races and homosexuals! Doesn't apply to gender alone, heterosexuals, whites, or Christians... so if I do something stupid, that has no reflection on white people or straight women. But does it reflect poorly upon the Jewish people? Hmmmm, somebody should make us a chart for this stuff.

/sarcasm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2013, 02:17 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
My father's from East Flatbush, and it's never been a safe neighborhood... my grandfather was murdered there (while delivering the mail) in 1967, and while I can't say for sure, I don't think it was a "liberal-run city" back then. Nice attempt at politicizing a tragedy, though.
I always laugh at how the left cry like this when the truth cones out.
Libs politicize everything they can, and weep when the same happens to them.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I always laugh at how the left cry like this when the truth cones out.
Libs politicize everything they can, and weep when the same happens to them.
WTF are you talking about, and what "truth" do you think is being exposed? I'm not even really a "lib" (guess reading my sig line was too difficult?), and certainly not crying about anything.

Now enlighten us - was the city of New York liberal-run in the 1960s? I don't know myself, without looking it up.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:19 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
You people are ridiculous. There is no "martial law" anywhere, just some protesters clashing with police and getting arrested. Happens all the time during these things. It happened here in Oakland when all those Occupy protesters started trashing stuff.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:31 PM

Okay, I looked it up, and the city of NY was Republican-run at the time of my grandfather's murder... it was also Republican-run from '94-'07, until Bloomberg declared himself an "independent." Huh. Should I politicize that information, or just accept that ALL cities have their problems?

Old 03-17-2013, 02:42 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,219,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
One witness was in a third floor apartment looking out her windows at 11:30 at night..she told the police she didn't know what was going on and then told the press she saw he had no gun.

Which story is the correct one..the one she told the cops or the one she told the press ?
And why hasn't anyone stepped up to take ownership of that gun ? There was a gun, partially loaded with bullets.
Exactly. The witness told different stories and has lost her credibility.

Quote:
Your giving bias to the cops side of the story. There are no witnesses saying that the teen did in fact have a gun. There are only witnesses saying he didn't. There are multiple witnesses saying he didn't have a gun and they didn't know him to own a gun.

There's evidence that the teen was shot in the back.
There is also a witness who heard one of the cops yell, "What do you have in your hands?" [1]

Of course he didn't own a gun. He was such a good boy. I wonder who's prints will be found on the gun that just miraculously happened to appear at the scene?

"Gray, whose pictures show him sporting beads worn by Bloods members, was arrested on almost a dozen charges since turning 16 last year. His arrests include grand and petit larceny, possession of stolen property and inciting a riot." [2] Good boy, indeed.

There is evidence Gray was shot both in the front and the back. There is no evidence he didn't spin after being struck in the front first, resulting in the back wounds. BTW, this is completely different from your original quoted claim that, "Kimani was shot in the back seven times."

Quote:
Do we as Americans have the right to protest?
Protest? Yes. Trash the neighborhood — looting a pharmacy, breaking windows on vehicles and beating at least two innocent people in the process? Absolutely not. [3]

Oh, and for the race baiters here: "The sergeant who shot Gray is black and the officer is Hispanic, the Post learned yesterday." [4]

Old 03-17-2013, 02:49 PM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Oh, and for the race baiters here: "The sergeant who shot Gray is black and the officer is Hispanic, the Post learned yesterday." [4]
Yea, but everyone knows your denounce your blackedness once you assume the blue uniform. As for the Hispanic, he's just another "white Hispanic" now.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:52 PM

29,796 posts, read 24,880,628 times
Quote:
Do we as Americans have the right to protest?
Sure. And when you act a fool, you also have the right to eat nightstick and pavement. Moral of the story, don't act a fool if you want your face intact.

There's a difference between protesting and creating a disturbance, and the two are often confused.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:54 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Exactly. The witness told different stories and has lost her credibility.

There is also a witness who heard one of the cops yell, "What do you have in your hands?" [1]

Of course he didn't own a gun. He was such a good boy. I wonder who's prints will be found on the gun that just miraculously happened to appear at the scene?

"Gray, whose pictures show him sporting beads worn by Bloods members, was arrested on almost a dozen charges since turning 16 last year. His arrests include grand and petit larceny, possession of stolen property and inciting a riot." [2] Good boy, indeed.

There is evidence Gray was shot both in the front and the back. There is no evidence he didn't spin after being struck in the front first, resulting in the back wounds. BTW, this is completely different from your original quoted claim that, "Kimani was shot in the back seven times."

Protest? Yes. Trash the neighborhood — looting a pharmacy, breaking windows on vehicles and beating at least two innocent people in the process? Absolutely not. [3]

From your own article.

Tishana King is the only civilian eyewitness to come forward, and her account sharply differs from Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly’s assertion that Gray had pointed a .38-caliber revolver at the cops before they opened fire. “I’m certain he didn’t have anything in his hands,” King told the Daily News.

Read more: Brooklyn riot over teen's death: 16-year-old shot by cops did not have a gun, says witness - NY Daily News

And your 2nd link does nothing to help your case.

Do you have any actual evidence?

Old 03-17-2013, 02:57 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Sure. And when you act a fool, you also have the right to eat nightstick and pavement. Moral of the story, don't act a fool if you want your face intact.

There's a difference between protesting and creating a disturbance, and the two are often confused.
What?

What about peaceful protesters? Protesters simply trying to document the event. There has been several cases of police abusing protesters, assaulting protesters, falsifying evidence against protesters.

I'm not saying that protest don't get out of hand, what I'm saying is that the police have proven they can't be trusted. There needs to be a neutral source on both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies