Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,416,447 times

Advertisements

GLENN: Helen Glover is with us from our affiliate in Providence, Rhode Island, 920 WHJJ. Helen, tell me about the tea party that happened this July 4th?

Glenn Beck - Interviews - Glenn Beck: Put that Constitution away!

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-14-2009 at 09:46 PM.. Reason: copyright, link and first 2 sentences only
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 07:34 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times
EastBayRI.com (http://www.eastbayri.com/detail/129928.html - broken link)

Quote:
Parade organizers say they simply enforced the rules that govern all parade participants — no distribution of materials from floats or marchers in the parade. They say the Tea Party float participants were told the rules ahead of time, were warned not to do it, but went ahead and did it anyway.

Said parade chairwoman Judy Squires, “Their float was very well done, very tastefully done. We don’t have a problem with the Tea Party at all. The only issue is they were told not to distribute the flyers, and they violated the rules. We would have been upset with any float that did the same thing.”

Old 07-14-2009, 07:36 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times
Another Miborn thread bites the dust due to mendacity.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,206,286 times
In our parade, the Teabaggers had a float with a tree labeled "Liberty" and an ax labeled "Obama."

The stupidity of those people is mind-boggling ... aside from the inappropriateness of using our Independence Day to make a political statement against our President.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:17 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,588,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
In our parade, the Teabaggers had a float with a tree labeled "Liberty" and an ax labeled "Obama."

The stupidity of those people is mind-boggling ... aside from the inappropriateness of using our Independence Day to make a political statement against our President.
inappropriate? i dunno. If last year it had Bush I would be cheering. burn flags, axe the prez. i don't care.
however, the whole tea party thing is stupid. no one seems to get that it makes no sense. i mean, they are protesting a person. the tea party protested an unrepresentative SYSTEM, did it not? People can vote, right? So they're being represented.
If your argument is that the current system isn't truly representative of the people (which might or might not be valid), then it has nothing to do with taxes or obama. You would be protesting the current state of American democracy, and pressing for reforms (revolution?) on that.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:35 PM

197 posts, read 377,919 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
inappropriate? i dunno. If last year it had Bush I would be cheering. burn flags, axe the prez. i don't care.
however, the whole tea party thing is stupid. no one seems to get that it makes no sense. i mean, they are protesting a person. the tea party protested an unrepresentative SYSTEM, did it not? People can vote, right? So they're being represented.
If your argument is that the current system isn't truly representative of the people (which might or might not be valid), then it has nothing to do with taxes or obama. You would be protesting the current state of American democracy, and pressing for reforms (revolution?) on that.

but i wouldn't have been protesting bush or related items in that way ether.

On a more important less realize noted, our media, our corporate media, our government media, it is full of garbage... this is a perfect example

Old 07-14-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:

This from a resident: in the comment section.

thewatchdog57 says:

What a joke the committe has become. You let all the people running for office hand out more junk during an election year, with NO slap on the wrist. Last year it was Jack Reed passing out all kinds of crap, next year it will be our congress boy's turn. Why are they allowed each election year to do this.
I hope you get sued. What is really funny is your preparade collection seems to cause the same type of problem you claim you do not want.
I have been to the parade 51 times, but the embarssment you have caused Bristol is reason for all of you quit. Fayetteville NC Amercias most patriotic town would never pull such a stunt!

OH and this one from another.

litrhody says:
VicHugo, let me set you strait, other participants in the parade were handing out flyers. What is right for one should be the same for everyone.

The roller derby skaters, a polition and from what I hear munroe dairy were all handing out flyers. All these people should also be band from any further participation in future parades. The com were just waiting for these people to do something wrong.

They did not want them in the parade to begin with.

These people ar all a bunch of hipocrites. If anyone should get an apology it should be the people on that float. But that is asking an awful lot of the com.

After all they are to prod to do that.

And.............

JoeSousa says:
The general Treasurer Frank Caprio had people collecting signatures for his run for Gov., they passed out cards.
They were not part of the parade and were with in there rights to do this.
It is still a free country the Libs have not won yet.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:08 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,206,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
This from a resident: in the comment section.

thewatchdog57 says:
I have no idea what the purpose of your comment was. First, I stop reading stuff in red and bold with lots of space. Second, it seemed to be unresponsive to my comment.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:12 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,984,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
GLENN: Helen Glover is with us from our affiliate in Providence, Rhode Island, 920 WHJJ. Helen, tell me about the tea party that happened this July 4th?

Moderator cut: copyright
Glenn Beck - Interviews - Glenn Beck: Put that Constitution away!
Glenn Beck is an expert on the Constituition, yeah, sure.

And Rosanne Barr is a former ballerina with the Bolshoi.

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-14-2009 at 09:48 PM..

Old 07-14-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Glenn Beck is an expert on the Constituition, yeah, sure.

And Rosanne Barr is a former ballerina with the Bolshoi.

An individual who was wearing the same generic Gadsden flag t-shirt as some of the float participants and many parade spectators, handed out US Constitutions, which he purchased on his own, to the crowd for hours before the RI tea Party float entered the parade route. A Parade official stopped him at one point and tried to confiscate his box of Constitutions, until a police officer intervened.
Moderator cut: copyright
The P/Oed Patriot: *UPDATE* 7/14/09 Truth Revealed about Rhode Island Tea Party Being Banned For Life From Parade : Rhode Island Governor Supports RI Tea Party

Last edited by katzenfreund; 07-14-2009 at 09:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies