Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM

4,130 posts, read 4,459,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Weevils aren't evil - just destructive.

Kind of like liberals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'm a liberal, tell me what I have destroyed, please.
Same here, please tell me what I have destroyed.

Besides stocks of very good scotch. I fully admit to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 07:20 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Do you think President George Washington would have approved of my 'status' message: "The Outcome Justifies the Deed"?

Old 03-16-2013, 07:21 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
George Washington grew hemp.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:22 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
ike fire, government is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. That's a quote from George Washington, the single most important figure in America history. The full quote goes like this:

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

He goes on to say, about firearms:

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

and:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.

I don't think George Washington was talking about hundreds of years into the future. He was talking about his day and age....flint locks and gun powder bags.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:23 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Bull S*it. George Washington never said that. I demand that you provide a direct quote from any of HIS speeches or papers. Not quotes that say he said it, or refer to someone else that said it...GEORGE WASHINGTON's direct speeches or papers.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:25 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
ike fire, government is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. That's a quote from George Washington, the single most important figure in America history. The full quote goes like this:

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

He goes on to say, about firearms:

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

and:

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.
Hey if your making up quotes (a quick check shows these as most probable BS) lets go with

"Hey, man, no one ever died from a nice walk"

and

"well. . .it may be the drink. . .but son of a *****, isn't adams wife a f'n milf"

Old 03-16-2013, 07:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't think George Washington was talking about hundreds of years into the future. He was talking about his day and age....flint locks and gun powder bags.
There is an amendment process included in the constitution.

If you really think that the 2nd Amendment is not relevant today, feel free to petition your state legislature to pass an application for amendment, pursuant to Article V of the U.S. Constitution.

Until then, the 2A stands as the law of the land - and "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Old 03-16-2013, 07:27 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
Quote:

If you really think that the 2nd Amendment is not relevant today, feel free to petition your state legislature to pass an application for amendment.

Until then, the 2A stands as the law of the land - and "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Good thing no one is attempting to infringe upon the rights of the citizens of the United States.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
Good thing no one is attempting to infringe upon the rights of the citizens of the United States.
Dianne Feinstein is.

Old 03-16-2013, 07:35 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:

If you really think that the 2nd Amendment is not relevant today, feel free to petition your state legislature to pass an application for amendment, pursuant to Article V of the U.S. Constitution.

Until then, the 2A stands as the law of the land - and "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

Where did I say that Do I think we have taken advantage of that amendment without serious regards to limits.... absolutely. We can't all have machine guns now can we. And what about bazookas. Do you feel your 2nd amendment rights have been violated because of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies