Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 02:54 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times

Advertisements

Whoever bothers to continue this with Robin Rossi and that ilk is just wasting time.
If you notice , no rational considered response is made ....just vitiperative and nastiness.

However the bragging that Anonymouse made about throwing butts on the ground, as if this should be part of anybodys 'freedom to smoke' is pretty disgusting....no better than throwing any other trash on the ground.
Unless unfiltered so that they would disintegrate, this is an extremely inconsiderate form of littering that gives considerate smokers an extra bad reputation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 06:08 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Whoever bothers to continue this with Robin Rossi and that ilk is just wasting time.
If you notice , no rational considered response is made ....just vitiperative and nastiness.

However the bragging that Anonymouse made about throwing butts on the ground, as if this should be part of anybodys 'freedom to smoke' is pretty disgusting....no better than throwing any other trash on the ground.
Unless unfiltered so that they would disintegrate, this is an extremely inconsiderate form of littering that gives considerate smokers an extra bad reputation.
Nah, I don't really throw butts out more than the average smoker.

That wasn't bragging so much as it was needling Robin...

Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Respect, from smokers? Ha, in a pigs eye. That is the last thing you get from smokers. Just headaches, chestaches, stinky clothes. The reward is, however, when they hit toe-tag city.

Yeah.... wishing death on people, because you don't like their life choices? Stay classy! I'm seriously editing myself right now, because I don't want to get in trouble. Let's just say people like you and your attempts to control others will NEVER receive my respect! You are nothing but an authoritarian, who uses force of the government to get your way under the guise of "it's for the good of the people." You aren't fooling anyone, as is apparent from the majority on this thread calling you out on the crap that you spew!!!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:50 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Nah, I don't really throw butts out more than the average smoker.

That wasn't bragging so much as it was needling Robin...

The 'average' smoker must throw an awful lot of them on the ground then because sidewalk and road gutters are full of them.
It does not do a hellova a lot of good for 'our side'
Especially helpful are the AH's that empty their car ashtrays in parking lots.
It is not just non-smokers that detest these....yes...disgusting... habits.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Uh, yes it does. Plain and simple. Your not liking smoking does not change it from "legal" to "illegal". The smoker has just as much right to smoke in your presence as you have right to drink a cup of coffee in his. Nothing is being "inflicted" on you if you choose to remain in its presence. Because nobody I've seen has advocated forcing people to allow smoking or to allow it on public property, just not forcing people to ban it on private property.
Actually, it is quite relevant. We have what we call "private property" in this country.
Then you should respect and not violate the smoker's right to smoke.
If the way the smoker wants is to blow large clouds of smoke into the air, then so be it. If you don't like sitting there, then you get up and move. You're the one with the problem, not the smoker.
Of course, if anyone dares to say gay people shouldn't "inflict" their public displays of affection on "normal" people then you will be up in arms over that, won't you?

Yes, "legally speaking", the refuge of the liberal totalitarian. Unless, of course, that law is something the liberal doesn't like. Then they will squeal about their civil rights. It's always okay in their minds for them to restrict the freedoms of others as long as they can get the voters or a judge to agree. But restrict a freedom they like, then you're a fascist shoving your beliefs down their throat. Hypocrisy at its finest.

You know, I hear on here quite frequently that liberalism is a mental disease. I'm truly starting to believe that. Now, there are liberals on here that I do like, so that isn't across the board. But more or less the extreme LWNJs. Of course I feel the same way about the extreme RWNJ too.

I do agree with all of your points. Apparently Robin feels it's OK to assault smokers and would attempt to force her will on a smoker sitting on a park bench that was there first! Not to mention Robin now feels that it's OK to dictate what people do in their own private dwellings. It's people like this that would fit in quite nicely in a place like the former Soviet Union.... or North Korea.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,130,300 times
Quote:
The 'average' smoker must throw an awful lot of them on the ground then because sidewalk and road gutters are full of them.
And your point?

People have thrown trash out for as long as we have had trash.

And there are no sides. Just because we both may smoke doesn't create some special relationship between us.

Sometimes I dispose of butts properly and sometimes I don't. Shrug...

Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
seems an odd rule to me.

surely if you don't want to breathe in next door's smoke then just close the window.

ok, if the vents are shared then just close them, or how about apt bdgs. where the vents are not shared anyway?

this is nanny state stuff

nonsense is what it is!

Wow! Is it a full moon? Because I actually agree with you for once!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
You still don't get it, but only because you don't want to get it.

Tobacco smoke, even wood smoke, for that matter, causes olfactory distress, respiratory distress , and, due to the toxins in it (especially tobacco) causes headaches.

I never said or intimated it causes you to drop dead, but it is far more than a mere nuisance. It renders places unfit for human habitation.

Smokingg isn't some sacred right such as breathing, or drinking, or speech or etc., it is just a filthy little drug that weak-minded trash becomes addicted to. Hence it is a low-level right, compared to not having olfactory or resppiratory distress, much less headaches etc.

You can keep your inane childish lectures about happiness to yourself, for you are far from a source of infomation of any value, on literally any subject, IMHO.

I guess we'd also better ban campfires then? No more cookouts! While we're at it, let's go ahead and ban cars too, due to their emission of carbon monoxide.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:01 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,351 times
Quote:
Disgusting pretty much sums up smokers. Yes, to a "T".

I would point out for the filthies that radios are legal as well. That doesn't mean I have a right to play it to and beyond the point of disturbing the peace. To play it so loud it penetrates out of the walls of my unitt and into your unit. In other words I don't have the right to inflict my legal activity on others.

Smokers need to understand how foul and disgusting they are, how grotesque they, their drug and its stench and adverse effects on well-being are. While you think it is heavenly, normal people see it for what it is - vile, filthy poison. Just take a look in the mirror at your face and see how "dead" you look. We don't want that toxin, in our place, so keep your filth to your filthy stinking selves.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:

I think him referencing throwing butts on the ground is just to get a further reaction. I know for a fact if I was in the presence of this individual, I'd purposely throw my butts on the ground in front of them, just to make a hole in that person's head!

Of course. I'd pick them up later. But the reaction you have to admit would be priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies