Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 08:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I can no longer even consider taking your posts seriously at this point.
That's OK because I haven't taken yours seriously either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
You really have got to learn how to get along in with world with others. So sad that you don't like it that non-smokers have rights but that is how it is. Go live happily ever after in your cloiud of toxic stench, but keep your stench and your poison to yourself and your fellow nicotine addicts.
Don't have to because smokers have rights also.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:41 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
That's OK because I haven't taken yours seriously either.
Bully on you. You ignore me at your own peril for I am telling you what the futue is and why. More and more restricitons on where smokers can discharge effluent.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Nobody cares about your whiny rants. I, for the record, have issued none. Just facts set forth in language intenteded to convery the absolute contempt I have for smokers.
You haven't presented a fact yet, just your opinion over and over.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:46 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
You haven't presented a fact yet, just your opinion over and over.
Opinion and bile...

Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,343 times
Quote:
Bully on you. You ignore me at your own peril for I am telling you what the futue is and why. More and more restricitons on where smokers can discharge effluent.
And for Christ's sake... Effluent is liquid waste discharged in a river or sea. Use the proper word or if you don't know it the learn it...

Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
No! Smokers have caved enough to your stupid bans, and forcing private establishments to comply via government force! A private business is just that! While yes, they do serve the public, whether YOU like it or not, they have the final say as to what they allow on their property! NOT YOU! NOT THE GOVERNMENT!!! If you came into my businees, and I had a choice to allow my patrons to smoke (which I don't because of your STUPID NANNY STATE NONSENSE filtering in to my state), and you came in and started on your soapbox, thereby disrupting my clientele and my business, you would be out on your can! Because quite frankly it's my private property, and I reserve the right to NOT HAVE TO serve you! If the landlords for multi-unit dwellings allow smoking in their units, that is THEIR choice as to whether to offer that option or not! It is then on YOU to find a place that doesn't allow it! If you choose to still be around it, and live in a mulit-unit dwelling where smoking is allowed, or patronize a business where smoking is allowed, or go to a designated smoking area, then that is on YOU!!!

You are obviously very extreme and have a bitter hatred for smokers! I suppose if you had your way, being that we're nothing but "addicted 2nd class trash" that we would all be rounded up and gassed?

Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
How's the water over there, now that you went off the depp end? Get a grip, and control yourself.

Let me put it to you yet another way so you can possibly understand it

Any person's r"ight" to engage in an activity, exists only up to the point wehre you violate the rights of
others.

You can walk down the sidewalk, but you cannot walk into other people. You can ride your bike, but you cannot ride into the other cyclists. You can play golf, but you cannot hit other people with your balls (goflf),

You can smoke, but that right (not being "absolute") does NOT include a right to inflict your filth, your pollution, your effluent, on others.

Let me give you an example. Suppose you live in an apartment, and I move in next door. I am an "audiophile" who loves to play extremely bass-intensive music at very lout levels all hours of the night and day. That sound, like your effluent, passes out off my unit and into yours, were it interferes with your right to enjoy your home.

Under such circumstances, my right to play music, must defer to your right not to have that music flood into your unit and ruin your enjoyment.

It would be incumbent upon me to lower the volume, bass level, or, perhaps, use headphones - whatever it takes, to prevent my noise pollution from violating your rights.

Read that over and over until you get it.
There are laws about loud music after a certain time. I would love to here a cop when you call to say that someone is smoking in their apt.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Don't have to because smokers have rights also.
Of course they have rights. Right up to, but just short of the point where they violate the rights of others. I know the concept of rights with limits (shouting "fire" in a crowded theatre, spewing toxic effluent into the air others are breathing, running over people with a bike or other vehicle, etc.,) is wholly alien to you, but those are the facts of civilized society. Give it a whirl some day.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
There are laws about loud music after a certain time. I would love to here a cop when you call to say that someone is smoking in their apt.
Still don't get it do you. Thousands of words, clear as a bell, outlining my positon, and its as if you haven't read a word of it.

I would never call the police becasue someone is smokng in their apt, I would call the police because their pollution is entering my unit against my will.

Re-read that sentence 1,000 times, or until you "get it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies