Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
I don't know, but IMHO, discharging tobacco effluent in public areas where otherrpeole are or are likely to be shold be illegal.

IMHO discharging perfume effluent in public areas where other people are or likely to be should be illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 08:03 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
More obfuscdation and denial. As the OP said, smokers are the miscreants, NOT their hapless victim. In our society, it is the obligaton of trhe miscreat NOT to assault, NOT Visa Versa.

Maybe you have a hard time with comprehension!!! GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL!!! SMOKING IS LEGAL AND IS NOT ASSAULT NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO BELIEVE IT!

As I said, it is incumbent upon the potential rapist not the rape, NOT the responsiblity of the potential victim to run and hide - well, except in your "mind".

DUH! Except there is no comparison with rape and smoking. Furthermore, with rape, it certainly helps if the victim or would be victim can defend themselves. Is rape acceptable? Absolutely not!

Do you know what a strawman is? Asserting that

"in Robin's mind, all of the world's problems with pollution and harming the environment are all because of us smokers"

is one HUGE strawman, and, that alone, shreds your crediibility, because, as we all know, a strawman is s LIE.

Smoking in areas where your effluent impacts others is the ULTIMATE insult.

Except people like you who whined to the government so now there is no smoking in any establishments. So, I'll continue to smoke outside in the fresh air. And you are free to either **** about it or avoid smokers. Those are your choices.

Just keep your filthy stench, to your filthy stinking self. It's really that simple, ut it starts with respecting the rights of others, rights that do not depend upon people kissng the smokers ass to beg consideration. They exists on their own.
Cool. Then it's simple. You have your smoke free establishments, there is no more need for further legislation. At this point if smokers bother you, then too effin' bad! Take the steps to avoid them!

Old 03-28-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Maybe to you, but to me and many others, spewing your perfume in areas where your effluent impacts others is the ULTIMATE insult.

Nevertheless, I presume that you are an adult, and do not make a big "stink" about it.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:55 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Cool. Then it's simple. You have your smoke free establishments, there is no more need for further legislation. At this point if smokers bother you, then too effin' bad! Take the steps to avoid them!
That is not how civilization works.

Here is an example of your suggestions in slightly different circumstances. Tri it on for size and see how it fits.

If you don't like my Medical marijuana down your throat and into you and y our kis lungs, well too bad, Youl just have to take the steps to avoid it. Perhaps you should move to an apt that doesn't allow medical marijuana smoking.

Snug that puppy on and see howr YOU like it.

or, perhaps

Sorry if my incense offends and sickens you. I know it smells like burning crap, but I've gotten addicted to it, and no lonker suffer olfactor and respiratory distress, but too bad for you, You just have to absent yourself. Perhaps you should rent a different apartment.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
But, it's not.

Smoking is not assault. No matter how much you want to believe it is. And again, while I will agree that smokers may not be the majority of the population, your posts are definitely NOT winning the majority of support on this thread. It's good to see there are still some people who respect the rights and the liberties of the individual.
If I sprayed a toxin, say Rad, into the air YOU were breathing, would you be okay with that?? You do know that nicotine used by used as an insiecticide, don't you. I'm sure you would scream bloody murder.

Perhaps you grotesque bullying tactics have detered the debate.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
That is not how civilization works.

Yes it is.

Here is an example of your suggestions in slightly different circumstances. Tri it on for size and see how it fits.

If you don't like my Medical marijuana down your throat and into you and y our kis lungs, well too bad, Youl just have to take the steps to avoid it. Perhaps you should move to an apt that doesn't allow medical marijuana smoking.

That is correct. If the landlord allows smoking on his properties, that is his choice. The choice then becomes yours to tolerate it, or avoid it! I cannot make it much more clear than that!

Snug that puppy on and see howr YOU like it.

or, perhaps

Sorry if my incense offends and sickens you. I know it smells like burning crap, but I've gotten addicted to it, and no lonker suffer olfactor and respiratory distress, but too bad for you, You just have to absent yourself. Perhaps you should rent a different apartment.
I happen to like incense. Again if the landlord allows for it, the ball is now in your court to tolerate it, or move.

Quote:
If I sprayed a toxin, say Rad, into the air YOU were breathing, would you be okay with that?? You do know that nicotine used by used as an insiecticide, don't you. I'm sure you would scream bloody murder.

Perhaps you grotesque bullying tactics have detered the debate.
Are you actually going offer up a logical rebuttal, minus your nonsensical tirades, or are you going continue to use silly analogies in this debate? Cigarette smoke is no where near as harmful as and insecticide and you know it!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
I happen to like incense. Again if the landlord allows for it, the ball is now in your court to tolerate it, or move.

Are you actually going offer up a logical rebuttal, minus your nonsensical tirades, or are you going continue to use silly analogies in this debate? Cigarette smoke is no where near as harmful as and insecticide and you know it!
Who are you to say that my vice is harmful. It is my right to spray my Raid, and you can't stop me. What are you , a Nanny-State Nazi. I happen to Love the smell of Raid, and it gives me a buzz, so I am going to continue spraying a cloud of it into the air and if you don't like it, too bad, go somewehre else.

I have offered up logical rebuttal after logical rebuttal. You are either incapable or unwilling to understand/accept them. The fault lies with you, not me. Perhaps, too much nicotine in the bloodstream.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Who are you to say that my vice is harmful. It is my right to spray my Raid, and you can't stop me. What are you , a Nanny-State Nazi. I happen to Love the smell of Raid, and it gives me a buzz, so I am going to continue spraying a cloud of it into the air and if you don't like it, too bad, go somewehre else.

I have offered up logical rebuttal after logical rebuttal. You are either incapable or unwilling to understand/accept them. The fault lies with you, not me. Perhaps, too much nicotine in the bloodstream.

Well, sadly due to your inability to offer up a logical rebuttal, and your continuing to spew absolute hyperbole, I will no longer continue to go round and round with you. You should be proud, you're the first poster that I have actually put on ignore! Bye!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Well, sadly due to your inability to offer up a logical rebuttal, and your continuing to spew absolute hyperbole, I will no longer continue to go round and round with you. You should be proud, you're the first poster that I have actually put on ignore! Bye!
You and your scintillating contributions will be sorely missed!!!!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
You and your scintillating contributions will be sorely missed!!!!

Considering you're on the wrong side of the debate, there is nothing more to be said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies