Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That tells you how poorly the US Constitution is taught in schools (assuming it's taught at all).

I guess they're too damn stupid to get it.

Like I've said before, everyone will know when the US is restored to glory, because they'll be paying 3% taxes to the federal government and 10%-15% to the State, and not the other way around.

You're understanding of economics is rather poor.

I'm still waiting for even one Liberal on this forum to muster up the courage to explain how they can possibly justify this....two people, each receiving $1,100/month in Social Security Disability or Retirement....

equals $2092.95 per month in Cincinnati
equals $761.07. per month in San Fransisco

This gross disparity that Liberals claim is wonderful is brought to you courtesy of a Unitary State government. That would never happen in a Confederation or Federation.

Two families of four each receiving $400/month in Food Stamps except that $400 buys....

$578.13 worth of food in Cincinnati.
$210.23 worth of food in San Fransisco

Let's look at another lie the government foists on people. The True Poverty Level for one person....

equals $6038.85 per year in Cincinnati
equals $
21861.80 per year in San Fransisco

Going back to monthly Social Security benefits...

equals $25,115 per year in Cincinnati and is 4.1 x greater than the "federal" (snicker) Poverty Level
equals $
9132.84 per year in San Fransisco and is 2.4 x below the "federal" (snicker) Poverty Level

Liberals will scream about Wealth Inequality (snicker) while ignoring inequalities like that.

Those gross injustices that Liberals like to screw people over with can only be resolved through Federalism (or through Confederalism).

Let's look at so-called Federal Income Taxes (snicker).

Two people earn $24,000 per year.....

The person living in Cincinnati lives like they actually have $45,664.34.
The person in San Fransisco lives like they $12,613.78.

Are you up to the task? Probably not.

Anyway, the silence from the Liberals is deafening.

Then you admit a Unitary State system is destined to fail.

The solution is for the federal government to get back to the business of defense, treaties and coining money, and let the States manage everything else.

Prognosticating...

Mircea
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I have made this same point numerous times in the past. Not with specific figures, but saying that a federal system of aid does not properly account for local differences. I also have yet to receive a response on that from liberals.
It is called Cost of Living. SF is 7 miles by 7 miles and surrounded by water and is a city that is in high demand. Cincinnati is a city that is surrounded by land and doesn't have the same desirability that SF has. Often times one makes more money in more desirable cities to offset the cost of living.

If one is relying solely off Social Security, the best suggestion would be to find a cheaper city to live in than SF. It has nothing to do with what is more liberal or less liberal which both cities you mentioned are liberal cities.

So basically you wrote a really long post to explain that SF is a very expensive city to live in....which anyone who knows anything about SF would of told you "Duh."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
And under what criteria do you determine this?
That's up to the state.
Quote:
Okay.

And where is that exactly in the bill of rights?
In the 10th amendment, where it leaves powers not delegated to the federal government to the states and the people. If the people determine the state shouldn't do that, then the state won't do that. Whether the people retain a particular power or allow the state to regulate it, is up to the people in that state. What it isn't up to, is the federal government taking that power on its own authority and contrary to the constitution.
Quote:
If you support the soda law, does this "help all Americans" and if so, why should that not be federal?
I find the soda law to be an offensive affront to personal liberty so I don't think it should exist at all. But as a general rule any such law, assuming it wasn't a terrible one like the soda law is, still shouldn't be federal because the constitution forbids it.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:15 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
To think that Obama's race isn't an issue in at least a portion of people's minds is hard to imagine. Now, considering Mr. Obama is criticized for doing what Bush did, by the same people who had no problem when Bush did it, makes one wonder.
Actually it is the opposite end of that spectrum that is the most blatant. Liberals have no problem with Obama continuing the Bush policies in spite of the fact that they were viscerally outraged by Bush.
The truth is that Obama is just as much a tool of the corporations and the world banking community as Bush was, but liberals refuse to acknowledge that fact in any way shape or form. I suppose that makes liberals the real racists.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:53 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Putting up barriers that make it inconvieniant like ID, long lines, etc. is not "rolling back" your rights.
If applied unevenly, it most certainly is. Or do you subscribe to Scalia's point of view that the Voting Rights Act is a racial entitlement?

Old 08-10-2013, 02:45 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
lets do it.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Guess you don't like seeing your money going to your Conservative brothers in states like Mississippi, how compassionate of you.
Guess you don't see how using force to take someones money and property against their will is wrong. How moral of you.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
There is no strong secession movement. The current movement is less a increasing dissatisfaction with the central control of America but is instead dissatisfaction from people who are pissed off that the black president won re-election. The government isn't any more central than it had been under Bush -- but the right-wing was quite then.

The secession movement basically got a few thousand signatures in a nation of tens of millions of voters. You can get that many people to sign a petition to outlaw gravity.
Repubs disliked Clinton because he was a dem but now they dislike Obama, not because he's a dem also, but because he's black? When you have nothing intelligent to say because the policies of big government are destructive the thing to do is play the race card.
You're posts are joke.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:43 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Guess you don't see how using force to take someones money and property against their will is wrong. How moral of you.
You are represented with your taxation, so I don't get the point of your whining. Let me know when you get a majority of Texans to support you in secession....I won't be holding my breath.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,739,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are represented with your taxation, so I don't get the point of your whining. Let me know when you get a majority of Texans to support you in secession....I won't be holding my breath.
That is debateable that we are repersented.

And if we are that makes the use of force ok?

Old 08-10-2013, 05:23 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The State movements to secede from the Union show an increasing dissatisfaction with the central control of America by Washington DC.

We are seeing increasing defiance and dissatisfaction of a government people feel is no longer representative of their needs or in touch with reality.
It is my opinion that this is due to the centralization of power in Washington which is direct contrast to the 10th Amendment of the Constitution.

Every usurpation of power by the Federal Government, is a breach of the agreement between the people and the government, and adds to the disenfranchisement of the citizens.
It is also causing a division in the citizens that is now so visceral and full of hatred and mistrust that we no longer see ourselves as a united country.
The only way I see to address these issues is a concerted effort to decentralize America and to return the powers illegally usurped by the Federal Government to the States.

We need to resist the people who would impose their view of America on everyone else. What works for people is cities, does not necessarily work for people in rural America and vice versa. What works for one State does not necessarily work for another, and yet we have a micro representation of people in Washington with questionable knowledge and ethics deciding blanket policies for everyone as if there are one single solution for every problem. It is insanity, and it is going to cause increasing amounts of hate and mistrust in our people.
First off, there is no movement to secede by the States.
Secondly, while I agree that states should retain the power to govern their own affairs so long as the rules they impose are constitutional there is still a fly or two in your suggestion. One is that will States running their own show does not address the issue of what the the cities within that state may push will still differ from what the rural communities might want, so what then no government except the at county level? The other is that while many scream to allow states to run their own show they get all upset when States do so and it goes against what they personally wanted, prime example is the Colorado gun laws.
Don't like the government you are getting, then get out and help change it, tearing things apart is not the answer.
I always find it interesting that some that consider themselves true Americans often call for the destruction/tearing apart of the Nation and the same people are usually the ones that also say the answer to welfare and other programs is to simply end the programs completely. Quitting and taking my ball home home is not how conservatives used to think, they were the group that said if something is broken you do the hard work to fix it, but todays conservatives sound more like spoiled brats that did not get their way and their answer is to throw a hissy fit. Time to grow up folks, if you are interested in doing the American Way, then get out and get involved and do something, if all you have is more whining then save it for yourself America is not interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies