Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
This argue,ment makes the faulty assumption guns would have prevented the events of those countries.

We have 300 million guns in this country, do you seriously think those would over come the weapons of the military? No different than in the previous examples.

It is simply flawed logic.
They didn't have 300 million guns in Afghanistan and they have fought off the U.S. military for 12 years. Done a pretty good job too.

Your arguement is a faulty assumption.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 10:29 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,766,652 times
Quote:
This argue,ment makes the faulty assumption guns would have prevented the events of those countries.

We have 300 million guns in this country, do you seriously think those would over come the weapons of the military? No different than in the previous examples.

Ask Russia how Afghanastan worked out for them. They were assaulted with WWI small arms and no fear of death, and it bankrupted them.

Do I believe our military would fire upon their own neighbors, friends, and families? I should hope they'd bring our military armaments to bear against those who would. In my mind, they'll be fighting for our constitutional rights far quicker than the likes of Obama or Bush. The one caveat is that our military is now comprised of 60% foriegners (can you say Fort Hood?), and I would definately want my semi-auto inventory, just in case.

This is the same scenario that brought Rome to their knees. Again, history is repeating itself.

Rand Paul 2016

Old 03-18-2013, 10:34 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,563,896 times
Paul Harvey? Really? Good ole' Paul Harvey - did you know he was the last American who actually could remember the Maine?

He is dead, right?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:36 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,874,522 times
Quote:

You probably like Kant.
What you fail to recognize is the people make the difference.
Those who refuse to surrender their guns, will refuse to surrender their free will and liberty.

Those who meekly hand over their firearms are already lost.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Depends on what weapons you are speaking of?

As a trainer of many Soldiers, on M16s, M9, M60, and the 240, I can honestly say I have spent thousands of bullets to get 1 person to qualify, not so much on the machine guns, but the M16 and the M9....I have sent MANY MANY people away from the range unqualified, this is after remedial training...AND more than a 100 rounds per person, just to hit the target 21 times....so, think about it, 1000 rounds for 21 hits....

And....I am not saying everyone is like that, but I think you would be surprised at how many "fake" their range card.....
I guarantee the average hunter and shooting hobbyist could do as well, if not better. We've always had to rely on the premise of one shot.

Cheers to you for your service!!

Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Depends on what weapons you are speaking of?

As a trainer of many Soldiers, on M16s, M9, M60, and the 240, I can honestly say I have spent thousands of bullets to get 1 person to qualify, not so much on the machine guns, but the M16 and the M9....I have sent MANY MANY people away from the range unqualified, this is after remedial training...AND more than a 100 rounds per person, just to hit the target 21 times....so, think about it, 1000 rounds for 21 hits....

And....I am not saying everyone is like that, but I think you would be surprised at how many "fake" their range card.....

I practice at least 1000 cartridges on my M4 platform each month. plus I also shoot other firearms as well. I can hit what I aim at.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
Paul Harvey? Really? Good ole' Paul Harvey - did you know he was the last American who actually could remember the Maine?

He is dead, right?

Unfortunately, he moved to the next dimension in 2009. One of the greatest, truly unbiased, American broadcasters and a Medal of Freedom recipient.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:56 AM

1,097 posts, read 1,591,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
yet...

Old 03-19-2013, 02:50 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post

look up gun confiscation in the usa and see how many politicians in dc want confiscation. heck, watch the YT video of feinstein wanting to confiscate all of americas firearms.

you say you dont want confiscation, but that is yours and their ultimate goal.

you just say you want sensible gun laws, but you dont want to get rid of all the past not sensible gun laws that have not worked. after all, if those gun laws have not worked, then why not get rid of them.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:38 AM

46,217 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I practice at least 1000 cartridges on my M4 platform each month. plus I also shoot other firearms as well. I can hit what I aim at.
I know, I shot very often while in the Army (personnel weapon) when ever I could, the Soldier shoots (his military weapon) about 4 times a years, max rounds to "zero" should be 10, and to qualify, should be 40 rounds.....so lets just say 200 rounds yearly!...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies