Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 12:57 PM

4,433 posts, read 4,846,595 times

Advertisements

As some of you may know, many Guantanamo detainees are on a hunger strike – today being the 41st day for some of them. Ten years after the start of the latest episode of the Iraq war, Gitmo detainees – many whom have been cleared for release and who have been detained prior to the March 2003 invasion of Iraq, are giving up hope and crying out to the rest of the world for help.

We will gather to pray, vigil and act on their behalf to encourage our government to do what is necessary to release those approved for release and provide “quick” and “fair” trials for the rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2013, 01:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,608,145 times
Oh, I love it.

Let 'em starve.

To bad Sharpton didn't follow through on his hunger strike.

Psssssssstttttttttt: America doesn't give trials for non-citizens. Now you know.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:30 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,916,193 times
Yep the guards can get seconds now. Hell those gitmo boys probably eat better than our guys to boot in this upside down world we live in now.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Oh, I love it.

Let 'em starve.

To bad Sharpton didn't follow through on his hunger strike.

Psssssssstttttttttt: America doesn't give trials for non-citizens. Now you know.
They are being illegally held and torture.
For many their only crime is not being born in the U.S.
Many were just rounded up for no reason
How would you like it if a country invaded the U.S. and you or a family member did the patriotic thing of defending your homeland and the same thing happened to you.
I hope you do not consider yourself to be a Christian.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:56 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,215,947 times
quote=ted08721;28721692]They are being illegally held and torture.
How would you like it if a country invaded the U.S. and you or a family member did the patriotic thing of defending your homeland and the same thing happened to you.
I hope you do not consider yourself to be a Christian.[/quote]

"Rounded up for no reason".

"Crime,...not being born in the U.S."

"...patriotic,...defending ...homeland"

"...Christian"....

Religion has nothing to do with terrorism.

Maybe you'd like to substantiate your CLAIMS that these detainees were just walking along minding their own business when they were put in Gitmo.

Some of you liberals screamed for the release of some detainess who returned to terror activities after they were released.
Overall, the summary said, a total of 598 detainees had been transferred from the Guantanamo facility, with 150 confirmed or suspected of later taking part in terrorist or insurgent activities.
Document: Up to 25% of freed Gitmo detainees return to terrorism - CNN

How about releasing them and then you Occupy brats give them a home in your parents' basement?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,608,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
They are being illegally held and torture.
The fact that you threw that little inane nugget into your rant proves your opinions and rhetoric worthless.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
quote=ted08721;28721692]They are being illegally held and torture.

"...Christian"....

Maybe you'd like to substantiate your CLAIMS that these detainees were just walking along minding their own business when they were put in Gitmo.

Some of you liberals screamed for the release of some detainess who returned to terror activities after they were released.
Overall, the summary said, a total of 598 detainees had been transferred from the Guantanamo facility, with 150 confirmed or suspected of later taking part in terrorist or insurgent activities.

How about releasing them and then you Occupy brats give them a home in your parents' basement?[/quote]

Your document says very little, all it says is that it is alleged that two were confirmed and three were suspected of "re-engaging in terrorist or insurgent activities."

Show me the evidence, what is considered to be "re-engaging in terrorist or insurgent activities." ?

Hell the government has called any kind of protesting even by me to be terrorism.
It seems you have no real facts to back up what you say.

Old 03-18-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The fact that you threw that little inane nugget into your rant proves your opinions and rhetoric worthless.
Your comment on Sharpton says a lot, but I will not go there.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:43 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,215,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post

"...Christian"....

How about releasing them and then you Occupy brats give them a home in your parents' basement?
Your document says very little, all it says is that it is alleged that two were confirmed and three were suspected of "re-engaging in terrorist or insurgent activities."

Show me the evidence, what is considered to be "re-engaging in terrorist or insurgent activities." ?

Hell the government has called any kind of protesting even by me to be terrorism.
It seems you have no real facts to back up what you say.[/quote]

Maybe you need to read the "blue" portion I copied and pasted in the reply.

I believe you'll find a few more than "two or three",....Bullwinkle.

Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,916,193 times
Well they were just grabbed from their farms again like they were the first time according to the terrorists sympathizers. US is evil bla bla bla. I like your idea let these loons put em up in their basement for a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies