Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Current Black Backup QBs:

Brad Smith Buf 8 years
Tarvaris Jackson Buf 8 years
David Garrard NYJ 10 years
Terrelle Pryor OAK 3 years
Tyrod Taylor BAL 3 years
Thad Lewis CLE 3 years
Dennis Dixon PHI 5 years
Joe Webb MIN 4 years
Dominique Davis ATL 2 years

Mike Vick
RG3
Kap
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Josh Freeman

Notable Free agents: Jason Campbell, John Johnson, Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich.

Total signed qbs as of 3/19: 88 QBs

15 black signed QBs

15/88 = about 17% of NFL QBs are Black.

Starting QBs: 6/32 = 18.75% starting QBs are Black.

Non Starting QBs: 9/56 = about 16% of QB scrubs are Black.

Black people: 13% of the US population. I think we are good here.

Number of Hispanic QBs: 2 and they suck.
Number of Asian QBs: 0. Funny for a position that requires a "high intellect" you'd think they would have been at least 40% of the field.
Number of Female QBs: 1
Its the off season, but during the season each team has atleast 3 signed QB's( one may be signed to the practice squad, or that player could be a 4th)

so the number should be 15/96. U.S. black population has nothing to do with the thread as this is about football where the player( and specifically QB) percentages are far different than the U.S. population, its the reason the rooney rule is there for coaches.

Hispanics tend to like baseball more than football which is why the MLB is so mixed, Asians have a height disadvantage. It doesnt matter how smart you are in football if you are a 5'3 QB. There is a women QB.... NFL ????

Old 03-19-2013, 11:44 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
he is out of the league?

Have you ever noticed when a black QB falls from superstar status and becomes a backup he is only in the league for maybe one more year and then he is gone. A white QB can be a back up for 12 years and can be average as long as he wants. What is exactly wrong with a black QB being average?? Why must all black QB's be a superstar and jump over players so he can remain in the league?

This has always bothered me about the NFL.
Charlie Batch. your theory is blown.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
he is out of the league?

Have you ever noticed when a black QB falls from superstar status and becomes a backup he is only in the league for maybe one more year and then he is gone. A white QB can be a back up for 12 years and can be average as long as he wants. What is exactly wrong with a black QB being average?? Why must all black QB's be a superstar and jump over players so he can remain in the league?

This has always bothered me about the NFL.

Consider the average career for an NFL QB is only 6 seasons.

Charlie Batch, Shane Boyd, Jason Campbell, John Freeman, David Garrard, Quinn Gray, Darrell Hackney, Tarvaris Jackson, Byron Leftwich, Cleo Lemon, Donovan McNabb, DJ Shockley, JaMarcus Russell, Brad Smith, Troy Smith, Michael Vick, Seneca Wallace, Pat White, Anthony Wright, Vince Young, Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, James Harris, Don McPearson, Doug Williams, Marlon Brisco, Friz Pollard, Vince Evans, Mr Dickey, Akily Smith, Steve Mcnair, Andre Ware, Aaron Brooks, Daunte Culpepper, Quincy Carter, Kordell Stewart, Rodney Pete, Joe Gilliam, Tony Robinson

Plenty of these guys had/have decent careers as backups. Many of them were just average. Several of them (Cunningham was a tile installer, Vick was a convicted felon) were given second chances. I just don't see the connection between skin color and length of careers.

Why are people so obsessed with linking every challenge in life to some form of racism?

Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
we all know that if a black man had the same skill set as Tim Tebow he would be out of the league in a second
Michael Vick says hello.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I should watch ESPN to have an intelligent discussion? Good one.

Especially considering not a shred of proof has been offered. I'm shocked.

The OP's crying that someone like McNabb isn't hanging around as a back-up....but wait....they are racist against him....but must have just realized he's black after all these years.

Intelligent discussion indeed.
When talking about a subject, you usually turn to the experts on that subject right ? I would think an NFL coach, a sports commentator and a former player all with the stats in front of them would be a far more intelligent discussion than people sitting around a computer, dont you ?

Donvan McNabb experienced racism from both Whites and African Americans. Again, do you watch ESPN ? They discussed this about 4 years ago for about a week after someone made the comment that he didnt care about the black community and how African American QB's has been thrust into a somewhat political role, that of course snowballed into discussions on black QB's in the NFL in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You linked to Skip Bayless, why? To show proof that there is someone who knows less about football than an Eagles fan?
LMFAO ROTF

Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
we all know that if a black man had the same skill set as Tim Tebow he would be out of the league in a second

Not if he put butts in the seats like Tebow does (for some reason).

Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Current Black Backup QBs:

Brad Smith Buf 8 years
Tarvaris Jackson Buf 8 years
David Garrard NYJ 10 years
Terrelle Pryor OAK 3 years
Tyrod Taylor BAL 3 years
Thad Lewis CLE 3 years
Dennis Dixon PHI 5 years
Joe Webb MIN 4 years
Dominique Davis ATL 2 years

Mike Vick
RG3
Kap
Russell Wilson
Cam Newton
Josh Freeman

Notable Free agents: Jason Campbell, John Johnson, Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich.

Total signed qbs as of 3/19: 88 QBs

15 black signed QBs

15/88 = about 17% of NFL QBs are Black.

Starting QBs: 6/32 = 18.75% starting QBs are Black.

Non Starting QBs: 9/56 = about 16% of QB scrubs are Black.

Black people: 13% of the US population. I think we are good here.

Number of Hispanic QBs: 2 and they suck.
Number of Asian QBs: 0. Funny for a position that requires a "high intellect" you'd think they would have been at least 40% of the field.
Number of Female QBs: 1
Come to think of it, the only Asian quarterback I remember is Roman Gabriel. Haven't been too many Polynesian or Latino QBs either. For Latinos we had Joe Kapp, Jim Plunkett, Tom Flores, Jeff Garcia, JP Losman, Sanchez and Romo.

Most people don't know that the Eagles great Steve Van Buren was Honduran (and most likely Black).

Who's the female QB?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:19 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,472,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its the off season, but during the season each team has atleast 3 signed QB's( one may be signed to the practice squad, or that player could be a 4th)

so the number should be 15/96. U.S. black population has nothing to do with the thread as this is about football where the player( and specifically QB) percentages are far different than the U.S. population, its the reason the rooney rule is there for coaches.

Hispanics tend to like baseball more than football which is why the MLB is so mixed, Asians have a height disadvantage. It doesnt matter how smart you are in football if you are a 5'3 QB. There is a women QB.... NFL ????
That's why i didn't include the notable free agents which will most assuredly get signed if they don't retire. So, presumably, you would have 19/96 which is an even higher percentage (19.8%). The US population is there as a reference point because if you haven't noticed, the US is crawling with white people. Even with higher birthrates and massive immigration (legal and illegal) it is still going to take another 40 years before the US population is less than 50% white people. Even then 49% is still freaking huge. Now as I said before, the NFL doesn't have a problem now unlike 20 years ago in which the argument could be made. Everybody is looking at black qbs now just like they are looking at white qbs. So there is really not an issue on racial disparity or racial preference when it comes to backup NFL Quarterbacks. The general consensus is that they tend to be very bad at their jobs regardless of race. I mean were you expecting the QB position to be 50/50? It's not going to work out like that at the QB position. The skill set is considered higher than the rest of the positions. And considering that "racial" percentages fall close to the actual percentage of the race population should tell you at least one thing. There is not that much bias to black qbs anymore. You would have a point if they made RG3 a WR, but that is not the case is it? Not now at least.

The last paragraph was snarky. Tony Romo and Mark "buttfumble" Sanchez do actually suck.

Now who's be discriminatory. 5'3? I'm sure most of the Asian American male populace is above that height. That comment was also made in jest.

And yes there is a female QB. Tom Brady. He tends to get sand in his hou ha. I thought everyone knew this.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
That's why i didn't include the notable free agents which will most assuredly get signed if they don't retire. So, presumably, you would have 19/96 which is an even higher percentage (19.8%). The US population is there as a reference point because if you haven't noticed, the US is crawling with white people. Even with higher birthrates and massive immigration (legal and illegal) it is still going to take another 40 years before the US population is less than 50% white people. Even then 49% is still freaking huge. Now as I said before, the NFL doesn't have a problem now unlike 20 years ago in which the argument could be made. Everybody is looking at black qbs now just like they are looking at white qbs. So there is really not an issue on racial disparity or racial preference when it comes to backup NFL Quarterbacks. The general consensus is that they tend to be very bad at their jobs regardless of race. I mean were you expecting the QB position to be 50/50? It's not going to work out like that at the QB position. The skill set is considered higher than the rest of the positions. And considering that "racial" percentages fall close to the actual percentage of the race population should tell you at least one thing. There is not that much bias to black qbs anymore. You would have a point if they made RG3 a WR, but that is not the case is it? Not now at least.

The last paragraph was snarky. Tony Romo and Mark "buttfumble" Sanchez do actually suck.

Now who's be discriminatory. 5'3? I'm sure most of the Asian American male populace is above that height. That comment was also made in jest.

And yes there is a female QB. Tom Brady. He tends to get sand in his hou ha. I thought everyone knew this.

Oh, OK. Makes sense to me.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:35 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Michael Vick says hello.

Everyone with 20/20 vision knows Vick is..............much better than Tebow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies