Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 01:01 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No - but it is honest - something that certain liberals are not.
Completely unsupported and untrue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 01:02 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Politicians and other followers of the left are always trying to remove the word Homosexuality from the Bible. Are these people aware of what is said about those who would attempt to remove just one word from the Bible? What the Bible itself actually says about those people?

Hint: It is something very specific and terrible.
Have any real world examples or is it just your fertile imagination at work? Or perhaps voices?

Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
You are aware that prior to the invention of HTML and GUI's 20-25 years a go, "links" did not exist, right?
It's really irrelevant, except to show that you have (once again) avoided answering the question. You have nothing to stand on.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
People shouldn't remove it, they should just ignore it like most Christians do with parts of the bible that they don't like. Even fundy loons that have decided that the bible is word for word laid out by god don't, and Leviticus is one of the most ignored.

People cite that homosexuality is wrong because it says so in Leviticus, then ignore that it also prescribes against:
- Wearing clothes of different weaves of fiber (Leviticus 19:19),
- Eating fat (Leviticus 3:17),
- Clipping your hair/beard (Leviticus 19:27),
- Getting a tattoo (Leviticus 19:28),
- Blasphemy, and those that do should be put to death (Leviticus 24:14-16,23)
- Consuming blood or rare meat (Leviticus 17:10) - Especially relevant since black pudding is traditional Irish fare

If you add into the mix Deuteronomy, then it gets worse:
- If a woman lies about her virginity she is to die (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
- Being a victim of rape in the city (not a field) (Deuteronomy 22:23-27)
- Trying to convert people to another religion (Deuteronomy 13:1-11, Deuteronomy 18:20)
- Apostasy - Kill everybody, including animals, and burn the town (Deuteronomy 13:12-15)
- Stoning an unruly child (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)
- Ignoring the verdict of a judge (Deuteronomy 17:8-13)

This is kindergarten level theology. No one believes the bible is the actual word by word telling of gods will that hasn't changed in 2,000 years. If they did then people would follow all of these crazy laws, because the one thing Jesus championed more then helping the poor is his disdain for people who claim to love him and don't follow his word.

I have actually studied the bible and went to seminary. I didn't just pretend not to see the parts of the bible I thought were wrong.
Then you should understand the difference between the old and new testaments. I dont chose to ignore the old testamant. I understand that is a covenant I am not apart of.

My blessing are bestowed to me through the new covenant. How I choose to interpret the word is my choice...not that of any lay person, sunday school teacher, seminarian, priest, minister, Rabbi, Mullah , or Politician.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Completely unsupported and untrue.

Th RWers must have gotten together an agreed upon a "Post stupid unsupported by facts threads about liberals" day on C-D, judging by some of the inane threads floating around.

Must be a slow news day, or the WND website is down.

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:
You are aware that prior to the invention of HTML and GUI's 20-25 years a go, "links" did not exist, right?
He didn't even provide a description himself of the story sans source or link! He simply claimed that the politicians and followers of the monolithic and all encompassing entity known as "Ze Left" were planning from their underground lair to remove the word "homosexuality" from the Bible. Who is proposing this? I tried searching for a story myself and found nothing...

Also, it's not fricking 25 years ago and we're on the frickin' internet in 2013. People expect links. Or a source. Or anything.

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
OP, just so you know:

"First, it is important to recognize that the peoples of biblical antiquity had no idea of homosexuality as identity, orientation or lifestyle. The term "homosexuality" was not even coined until the latter half of the 19th century. In fact, the first use of "homosexual" or its cognate in any biblical translation in any language did not occur until 1946 with the Revised Standard Version."

Obery M. Hendricks, Jr., Ph.D.: Don't Blame It on the Bible

What did we learn today? We learned that anyone who thinks that "homosexual" has been in use and included in the Bible as we know it for 2000 years is a little behind the times.
But apparently ahead of the curve in having an overactive paranoid imagination.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:05 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Have any real world examples or is it just your fertile imagination at work? Or perhaps voices?

His fertile imagination smells a lot like BS.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Sure they did, they were called sources. Sources have been used to bolster your debate or as references in a bibliography since way before the computer age.
I remember primary research.
Those were the days.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:08 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
Politicians and other followers of the left are always trying to remove the word Homosexuality from the Bible. Are these people aware of what is said about those who would attempt to remove just one word from the Bible? What the Bible itself actually says about those people?

Hint: It is something very specific and terrible.
Where is the word homosexuality in the Bible?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies