U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:09 AM

25,278 posts, read 13,044,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I am not surprised. As I have repeatedly said, this is not a partisan issue. I know a lot of Democrats who are just as much ardent supporters of the Second Amendment as any Republican. Feinstein and her ilk are a minority in Congress. May it ever remain so.
There are just as many republicans who believe this does not violate anyone's second amendment ( as the supreme court has already said ). Reid falls in line with those scared of the lobbying group for gun and ammo corportations.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 10:14 AM

3,168 posts, read 1,833,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
There are just as many republicans who believe this does not violate anyone's second amendment ( as the supreme court has already said ). Reid falls in line with those scared of the lobbying group for gun and ammo corportations.
The ban of course violates the 2nd amendment. More importantly, it violates a person's ability to seek the best means to defend himself. The courts can say whatever they want, the 2nd amendment is clear to anyone who understands the english language.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:15 AM

6,127 posts, read 4,308,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
.Vegas has a huge influx of tranzplanted CA liberals to add to the voting base. The more sparsley populated north, where I live, is night and day to the south.
That same story is happening all over the country. Predominantly conservative rural areas of states being shot down by the predominantly liberal cities in those same states.

Re: Feinstein and Reid and all the others maggot-politicians. I want no part of gun bans. But watching them grandstand on the backs of people who have died, and then watching them lie and backpedal all for lousy votes is disgusting.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM

16,251 posts, read 13,057,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
That same story is happening all over the country. Predominantly conservative rural areas of states being shot down by the predominantly liberal cities in those same states.

Re: Feinstein and Reid and all the others maggot-politicians. I want no part of gun bans. But watching them grandstand on the backs of people who have died, and then watching them lie and backpedal all for lousy votes is disgusting.
Quite disgusting. Reid won't even come North, personally, anymore, to speak. He sends his bus and campaign staff through, trying to make a show as if he cares about us. Basically, it amounts to showing his flag, and rubbing our noses in the fact we don't have the votes to oust him.

Like I said, the guy is an eel. A guy named Dehmar Dahle came witbin a couple hundred votes of doing him in once. Voter turnout in tbe North that time was record. The votes that put Reid over the top that time, in a third recount, were mysteriously discovered in the trunk of a poll workers car in Vegas. Yea...right. We despise Reid up here. So, I ask folks to please not judge my beautiful state by the Reid standard. He is like a case of herpes. The gift that keeps on giving.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM

17,824 posts, read 21,329,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Since this is a non-partisan issue the political parties do not matter. Yes, there are both Republicans and Democrats that support gun control, Romney, Guiliani, Feinstein, and Schumer among them. Just as there are both Republicans and Democrats that oppose any restrictions on firearms. The anti-Second Amendment politicians are in a definite minority.

Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 PM

52,869 posts, read 31,178,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
The writing is on the wall with this bill. Democrats realize this is a losing issue going into the 2014 elections.

Hasta La Vista Assault Weapons Ban
That's good news, however, there is one thing to be concerned about, and that's (as Feinstein was quoted in the article) “My understanding is it will not be [part of the base bill],” Feinstein said. “It will be separate.” Which probably means she's not giving up, so we're not necessarily out of the woods yet.

Somebody needs to tell this woman that a majority of Americans, including many Californians, do not agree with her anti-gun agenda.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:03 PM

1,019 posts, read 2,579,374 times
Wow, it was obvious the Assault Weapons Ban would be killed in the Senate, but I was kind of hoping for a vote (or at least a GOP filibuster). Well, if Reid killed it because his constituency is pro-gun, good for him. A stopped clock is still right twice a day.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:06 PM

92 posts, read 168,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Reid is saving his own behind, that's all. Still boggles the mind that Nevada can't find someone to run against and take out that man.

Absolutely.
He wants that seat till he keels over.

Old 03-19-2013, 01:09 PM

92 posts, read 168,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Quite disgusting. Reid won't even come North, personally, anymore, to speak. He sends his bus and campaign staff through, trying to make a show as if he cares about us. Basically, it amounts to showing his flag, and rubbing our noses in the fact we don't have the votes to oust him.

Like I said, the guy is an eel. A guy named Dehmar Dahle came witbin a couple hundred votes of doing him in once. Voter turnout in tbe North that time was record. The votes that put Reid over the top that time, in a third recount, were mysteriously discovered in the trunk of a poll workers car in Vegas. Yea...right. We despise Reid up here. So, I ask folks to please not judge my beautiful state by the Reid standard. He is like a case of herpes. The gift that keeps on giving.
How convenient. The trunk of a car....

At least you guys still have hope. Conservative Californians have given up. Many don't even bother voting anymore--or they just get the heck out.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 PM

59,582 posts, read 46,501,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker2k View Post
Wow, it was obvious the Assault Weapons Ban would be killed in the Senate, but I was kind of hoping for a vote (or at least a GOP filibuster). Well, if Reid killed it because his constituency is pro-gun, good for him. A stopped clock is still right twice a day.
Reid knew that the bill would never pass the Senate and that entertaining it further might cost him not only his seat but the seats of several other democratic senators like the ones in states like Wyoming and Minnesota.

I've been predicting this for a loooooong time around here.

You have grandstanders from urban heavy states who can now blame those durn republicans and the NRA because they tried to stop those bad guns but were thwarted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies