Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 07:54 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
it would not take much, explode a 50 mt missle 50-60 miles over the midwest and take out 90% of the infrastructure of the USA, or explode it over dc and take out 100% of the eastern states from Tn to the coast.

I take it that some people have heard of emp, right?
Actually it would take quite a bit. You would have to develop a bomb that big, develop a missile with that range and achieve miniaturization. There is not evidence that North Korea is anywhere close to that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 08:04 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
A smoke screen meant to distract us from the shady business our own government is up to.
I don't worry about foreign governments, ours is far more unpredictable.
North Korea is about as dangerous as Cuba.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:20 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,770 times
What concerns me is that this guy might use one or more of his nukes to destroy one or more of his own cities, and then blame it on the USA. Then we'd have a real problem on our hands, as, evidenced right here on C-D, some people will form opinions and conspiracy theories that live on forever. If China decides to believe NK, peace, as we know it, could be a thing of the past.

War is never the better option, nor something to wish for.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Here's a question, at what point do you take someone at their word? When the shelling starts or before? Our esteemed intelligence agencies "say" that while he has Nuclear bombs he's got no way at this time to deliver them.
This presents a couple of issues, one being how much do we trust what the intelligence community says anymore and secondly, there's no way to truly know what's been given to that pip-squeak.
Either way there's a nutcase with his finger on the hypothetical trigger to something that would be a world changer.
I think deep concern and looking at all options is prudent with a first strike an absolute last,last resort.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:50 AM

54,494 posts, read 33,864,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
My keen sense of logic knew this would happen. Kim Jong-un has backed himself into a corner so much, he has to act to save his image as a strong capable leader for his people. Sending the B-2 Flying Wings for mock target runs has sent the North Korean military brass over the edge. They just reported that Seoul, South Korea, just a short distance (35 miles) from the DMZ with North Korea, can be hit by up to 500 rockets and artillery shells within the first 45 minutes of opening hostilities wiping them out.

Yahoo! News:

North Korea says enters state of war against South | Reuters
Strong capable leader? More like a strong capable idiot. Sounds like this guy is at war with himself.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,339,664 times

Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
For an old army guy, you sure are scared of a pipsqueak.
There is nothing in my post that indicates fear. I am just stating the facts of what happened and what has been reported pertaining to Seoul being hit.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times

Tensions Mount After North Korea Destroys All Of Asia - YouTube

Old 03-30-2013, 11:35 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Smile Calm down

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
we never know what china gave to north korea.
1. China has no 50 MT weapons to give away to anyone.

2. China is an old, very experienced world power. Of all the ancient classical civilizations, they're the only one to survive to contemporary times. They didn't get here by doing incredibly stupid things like giving their most powerful weapons to a psycho-fool right next door.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
My family has a long history in the military. I currently have family in the Air Force and in the Army. I served during war as did my father and grandfather. I am not objectionable to our nation going to war, but we haven't truly gone to war since WWII. When you go to war, you bomb cities and you kill innocent women and children that stand in the way of your opposition. War is total destruction and devistation of ones adversary. Surrender must be absolute and unconditional. Until such time as we as a society are once again ready to support without hesitation or pause such an action, we have no business entering into any more wars to do anything. We already have two going on that we have absolutely no business in being there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies