Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2013, 03:16 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutboy View Post
Things were better when there was another viable superpower. We didn't have the military adventurism that finds us at constant war like we are now. The U.S. had to act more carefully. China needs to step up. Actually, China could take care of this particular issue right now if it wanted to.
And maybe ... Just MAYBE ... They are. Why are so many of the bleating idiots on these threads so sure we're not being sucked in by China, using NK as a ploy as in Operation Northwoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2013, 03:20 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
No doubt the occupation was bad, but I'm speaking only from a conventional warfare perspective. The US had beaten the actual Iraqi military pretty easily.
Can we say "shortsighted"?

Old 03-30-2013, 03:27 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Take it from us,as we are the only country to use nukes on another.
Yet!!

Old 03-30-2013, 03:28 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
My god your ability to split hairs is astronomical.
I'll repost to refresh your memory...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro
We've already utterly destroyed the N K military once and didn't even break a sweat. They remember it well.
That was my post #29

To which you launched a rant about the Chinese intervention and subsequent events.

History clearly shows that following the US amphibious attack at Inchon in Sept of 1950 the overextended NK forces quickly evaporated.

Quote:
The NK and Chicoms pushed our azzes all the way back below the 38th THAT WAS THEIR VICTORY.
Let's split some more hairs...

The Chicoms overwhelmed some US units when they crossed the border.

The NK military was destroyed and no longer existed for any practical purposes.

Quote:
Only a moron would separate the bully in the schoolyard from his four big brothers who are always with him.

Do you think all those guys buried in war graves from that engagment give a rat's patoot what shoulder patches were on the enemy. Grow up for pete's sake.

We're talking about the NK military as though it were a complete and separate entity to deal with. NOT SO.
There's that chip again.

Quote:
The NK military today is not the quilted pajama clad army of 1950
The forces they'd face have progressed some over that time, also.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,667,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
He's like a yappie little ankle biting dog. Time to give him a good kick.
Good picture!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Heh, my two words,

Hiroshima and Nagisaki.

Here is a sentence with 3 sets of 2 words that sounds nice also.

Wouldn't North Korea, (2 words),make a nice Parking Lot, (2 words), for South Korea, (2 words)
My 2 words are:

1. Bring it!
2. Bite me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You needd this chit like you need another frigg'n economic melt-down! YOU CANNOT FUGGING AFFORD a shooting war. PERIOD!
If we would stop with the crazy lefty nonsense of being politically correct, we could afford as many wars as necessary because they would be over in a heartbeat. Stupid liberal political correctness has ruined the possibility of a good, quick war.

Old 03-30-2013, 04:56 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Good picture!

If we would stop with the crazy lefty nonsense of being politically correct, we could afford as many wars as necessary because they would be over in a heartbeat. Stupid liberal political correctness has ruined the possibility of a good, quick war.

I know what you mean...

Those loony lefties Bush & Cheney were so PC with their wars that they fouled up and left unresolved.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Haven't they been in a perpetual state of war already since the Korean War was just a cease fire?
Not according to his "keen sense of logic"...

Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
My family has a long history in the military. I currently have family in the Air Force and in the Army. I served during war as did my father and grandfather. I am not objectionable to our nation going to war, but we haven't truly gone to war since WWII. When you go to war, you bomb cities and you kill innocent women and children that stand in the way of your opposition. War is total destruction and devistation of ones adversary. Surrender must be absolute and unconditional. Until such time as we as a society are once again ready to support without hesitation or pause such an action, we have no business entering into any more wars to do anything. We already have two going on that we have absolutely no business in being there.
Well said! It seems people have forgotten the military's job is to kill people and destroy things not police,not build,not feed but to bring the adversary to it's knees and destroy any means of resistance. This "winning hearts and minds" mentality and trying to limit collateral damage to zero in the idea of having a "nice" war is insane and has certainly worked well for us so far right?
If you're going to commit the military and risk lives then DO IT and get it done.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
What a STUPID post. There are ALWAYS women and children being killed. When we invaded Iraq and occupied it, that was WAR. Just because the opponent was very weak and had very little military, certainly doesn't absolve the fact that over 100,000 people were killed over there. How about you live in Iraq through what the US did to them and then tell me that invasion wasn't war. You have lost your mind.
I believe the premise was "did we win in the end"?

Old 03-30-2013, 05:47 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,000,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Not even close... where do you get your "facts"?
Okay. Let's see if we can do that.

Yeah, it does look like Hawaii is in their range. So is Los Angeles

So, now the question becomes, how is their ability to hit their target? But, Austin and DC are out of their range. Looks like NYC is out of the circle as well. So, now look at the prevailing winds and where the fallout would go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies