Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 09:23 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the US has nothing to do with the UN? good to know.

who are we to tell countries what they can and can't have? we have idiots in ELECTED office talking about "preemptive strikes" because war is big business for some of these people:
The US military has deployed the 23rd Chemical Battalion to South Korea today, a group specifically equipped to deal with chemical and nuclear weapons attacks, in the wake of repeated threats to launch nuclear attacks by North Korea.

The US insists the deployment is “coincidental,” but with Congress openly talking up starting a war that seems certain to devastate the peninsula, jitters seem to be growing in South Korea, where the annual US-North Korea war threats are usually just ignored by the public.

Today though the attention being paid to the ever growing US arsenal entering the region is very real, and while no one thinks North Korea is likely to start anything, the chance of the US up and attacking them seems to be growing. (antiwar)

we never learn, do we?

I wonder how much this show of force (and aircraft dropping dummy bombs, etc.) is costing us, especially when we are allegedly under "sequester mode".

I call BS on the sequester.
We're a member of the UN. The vote for sanctions was 15-0, so our role in this is pretty small.

Still think North Korea won't start anything? They've said as much, and are moving weapons around.

Still think we'll attack them before they attack us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2013, 09:37 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
Flying B-52's or anything else over N. Korea is provocation. It is an absolutely stupid thing to do. It could well justify an act by the N. Korean government. Apparently someone in the administration must be on hallucinagenics.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Flying B-52's or anything else over N. Korea is provocation. It is an absolutely stupid thing to do. It could well justify an act by the N. Korean government. Apparently someone in the administration must be on hallucinagenics.

Do you have links to articles stating that the US has violated NK airspace with "B-52's or anything else"?

Old 04-05-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Do you have links to articles stating that the US has violated NK airspace with "B-52's or anything else"?
No, I was going by the OPS initial post... Ask him...

Old 04-05-2013, 10:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
No, I was going by the OPS initial post... Ask him...
I was just wondering...

Because that would be a very provocative action. And needlessly dumb, too.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I was just wondering...

Because that would be a very provocative action. And needlessly dumb, too.
Yes it would be... It would quickly lose all support from the UN, plus give N.Korea justification to act.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Just saw a news crawl that said the U.S. now expects NK to launch a missile. Just what we need, another altercation for our worn out and stressed military to have to deal with. I guess one upside is it ain't 100++ degrees in the shade in Korea.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:54 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Almost as stupid as confusing North Korea and South Korea. We flew B-52 over SOUTH KOREA, not North Korea.

It would be stupid to fly them over North Korea, which is why we didn't do that. North Korea took offense over something we had every right to do.

Apparently, this administration isn't the only one on hallucinagenics.

Old 04-05-2013, 01:56 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Just saw a news crawl that said the U.S. now expects NK to launch a missile. Just what we need, another altercation for our worn out and stressed military to have to deal with. I guess one upside is it ain't 100++ degrees in the shade in Korea.
But it depends where that missile is fired. If it goes into the open ocean, it may be seen as simply a drill. Anywhere else, and yeah, not good.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:41 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
I can't wait for the US to get a dose of its own medicine...
...so you want millions of Americans to get killed all because you want the US to get whats coming to them?

Seriously? I mean...as a Veteran I am utterly appalled you would even say such a think. Don't get me wrong, I like this country, but it's not above criticism whatsoever; however, I draw the line at comments like this because you're pretty much demanding American blood be spilled.

Man, I hope you're not living in the US right now because if you are, then that's the biggest load of hypocrisy I've ever seen and the irony is so thick I can kick it with my steel toe boots. Please just stop talking before you damage your intellect more so than it already is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies