Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Despite what Mariam said in order to cover for Obama, she did not make a mistake.
I take her word over yours. She doesn't lie about who she is. So she's got a leg up on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Well, even I don't believe that but I do believe the GOP has nothing to offer minorities. Does the GOP want to raise worker wages? No. Do they want to help the disadvantaged get a better education? No.
Nothing to offer minorities?

How about the same thing that everyone else is offered- freedom, minimal interference from government, and the OPPORTUNITY to excel.

Libs are convinced that minorities are inferior, thus thier obsession with giving them treats, as one would give a dependent child. Encouraging single parent families and promoting the welfare state is keeping minorities "on the plantation" and dependent upon government. That is not "a helping hand", that is servitude. Given how fond libs are of totalitarianism, it certainly fits thier general ideology.

Look at the wonders that are Detroit, East St. Louis, Newark, Watts, South side of Chicago, and Philadelphia to see the "success" of liberalism. It is the fast track to third world standards of living.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
He graduated from high school in Hawaii. If anything was his "permanent address", it would be his address in HI. I haven't looked at my transcript in a while, but IIRC, there is no "permanent address" on it, perhaps the name of my high school. But we know the name of Obama's high school, and it wasn't in Indonesia. Why would there be any temporary college address on a transcript if one has graduated?
I have copies of both my transcripts sitting in front of me (I needed them to apply for my professorship).

There is no address on my undergrad transcript at all.

There is an address on my grad school transcript, but not of my permanent address at the time I earned the degree. Instead it has the address I live at now, to where they sent the transcript copy.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
I doubt we would see such a discussion as this, if our current President was a 100% White man, instead of a mixed-race American.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:37 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,988,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I doubt we would see such a discussion as this, if our current President was a 100% White man, instead of a mixed-race American.
Indeed. There was very little 'concern' last year that the other guy in the Presidential race didn't release his college transcripts, either.

And after all, what's the point in getting that information after the election? If it should be seen, it should be seen before the election. Yet all the "OMG, Obama won't release his transcripts!" fools never uttered a peep about wanting to see Romney's transcripts.

Personally, I don't need to see any of them. The fact that they both graduated with secondary degrees honors from Harvard (law for Obama, law/business for Romney) is enough for me -- but then, I'm not lunatic enough to think that Harvard must be 'in on the conspiracy').

Old 03-20-2013, 07:38 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Really? For which college?
You don't repay your loan to the college. In Obama's time, a bank loaned you the money. That is who you repay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
There is no reasonable doubt surrounding the other candidates.
Oh, good grief! Not that old canard! There is reasonable doubt among a lot of them. Sarah Palin (since she's in the title)? I'd love to see her transcripts. There's plenty of doubt if she even attended some of those 5 colleges. Apparently she never took any classes, at least none that she finished (see a pattern with her here?) in Hawaii. And how did Sarah, who was supposedly so poor, according to some of you, afford to go out of state to HI and Idaho? HI in particular would incur a lot of travel expenses, too.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Idiot? Moron? If I even listen to her I am a moron? I find your attitude indefensible.
WRT Sarah Palin, not so much. Surely you can't believe that woman possesses much intelligence.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:40 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,338,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I have copies of both my transcripts sitting in front of me (I needed them to apply for my professorship).

There is no address on my undergrad transcript at all.

There is an address on my grad school transcript, but not of my permanent address at the time I earned the degree. Instead it has the address I live at now, to where they sent the transcript copy.
My undergrad transcript (1966) has a permanent address; grad transcript (1984) has no address.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:43 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Without it you can't prove you have the degree! The diploma certificate is just for show and can be faked. The official transcript is what counts, plus it has your final GPA.

Have you ever been required by any employer or prospective employer to produce your transcripts to prove you graduated? I certainly haven't.

Again, I don't have a copy of my college transcripts and up to this point, I'm 38 years old and work as a consultant for Dell, I've never needed one.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:46 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
what are you looking for?

his specific grades? not available to date ( along with nearly every other president with one minor exception for gw bush ).
Why is that? You would think for the most powerful position in the world, at minimum, a copy of their
college transcripts if attended, should be put into a public record.

I know it hasn't been that way, but present day....I'd like to see those grades.
A little more info before heading to that voting booth

It's easy to find out whether or not we have an idiot in the WH after the fact,
but some fair warning before they get there, would be a helpful heads up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies