Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We do not ask for transcripts at my office (pediatric medicine). My husband is a physicist, and he was not asked for a transcript in 2001 when he got his current job. My friend's husband has been job hunting for 4 years and to the best of my knowledge, he has not once been asked for a transcript. He is also a physicist and has worked some for govt. contractors.
I'm shocked I tell you You guys must be very good looking

Probably because of your time in the job force and all e.g. experience/past employers,
but that will not be the case first time out...
Ask any recent grad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Yes, she went to 4 different colleges See, her transcript would tell us something

Confusion to some. Tenacity to others.

I'm talking about the folks that follow her - for the most part, they are blue collar, no?
I don't really know anyone who likes her. All I know is that the CPAC crowd liked her. I doubt many in that crowd would qualify as blue collar.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Sorry, but if you are applying for a professional job TODAY, they want to see that transcript.
Really? Checks with brother-in-law. College Transcripts needed? Nope. And he applied (and got) a city based job. They only looked at what he did at his previous job.

He doesn't know how an Art Degree would have helped him in his current job (it doesn't).

Quote:
I'm not buying that folks are walking into high powered jobs TODAY without showing it,
private or government,
e.g. doctor, chemist, physicist, computer analyst, engineer, etc..
then you are divorced from reality. Many jobs will ask that you have a degree in "something" or field, but I can tell you from experience, we look at a person's work more than their education. Certain fields of work require to show that you have the education (doctors and such seeing as their main line of work is WORKING with people, safety becomes an issue).

I can also tell you that my college taught maybe 10% of what I know today. Most of my knowledge comes from learning on the job, and the work experience I've earned.

Quote:
Hell, even Big Pharm wants to see transcripts just to peddle RX to other professionals.
It's more CYOA and liability issue if you don't hire licensed professionals.

Quote:
Now, the thread is about Obama's college transcripts.
No this is a thread that singles out one president, and giving a pass on the 42 Presidents and 42 Vice Presidents before him. Not counting the candidates who weren't demanded of the same as well.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:06 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Why doesn't he just come clean?

We all know that he was accepted as a foreign student.
You have a copy of his application?

Old 03-20-2013, 10:08 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times
Quote:
Yes, she went to 4 different colleges. See, her transcript would tell us something.
We already know that. Without her transcripts.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Really? Checks with brother-in-law. College Transcripts needed? Nope. And he applied (and got) a city based job. They only looked at what he did at his previous job.

He doesn't know how an Art Degree would have helped him in his current job (it doesn't).

then you are divorced from reality. Many jobs will ask that you have a degree in "something" or field, but I can tell you from experience, we look at a person's work more than their education.
Sorry, but I just think we have different definitions of "high powered jobs".
I'm centering on math and science fields, e.g. the ones Obama keeps talking about
You are absolutely right, one would not need to show a transcript from an Art degree,
if they are going to be a manager at Starbucks...

Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
We already know that. Without her transcripts.
I simply don't understand why none of you are interested in seeing a transcript.
Did you never want to see your child's report card either

Old 03-20-2013, 10:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
She has the best of the situation. She will never have to prove she wold have been effective. It will always be..."if We were in there".

secretly, I bet she gives thanks she and McCain were not elected. Hey sarah...so do I.
I suspect Palin and Limbaugh minimally voted for Obama in 2012 because otherwise, the gravy train would have stopped.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM

26,574 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
I simply don't understand why none of you are interested in seeing a transcript.
the demand for the transcript emerged as an extension of a birther myth ( actually an april fool's day prank that birthers took seriously ). obama was elected president of the harvard law revue and graduated magnum c*m laude. not a single competing candidate, republican or democrat, implied that obama did not do well in college ( with over $1.5billion being spent to defeat him ). there is nothing to indicate that obama did not do well in college.

if there had been legitimate reason to suspect differently it would have become a campaign issue.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
the demand for the transcript emerged as an extension of a birther myth

if there had been legitimate reason to suspect differently it would have become a campaign issue.
As you can see from my previous posts, I think transcripts and their availability should be the standard.
I don't care if it started with Obama. I feel the same way about medical records and taxes. This is
PUBLIC OFFICE people. This is the commander in chief...

Just because it started with Obama, doesn't mean it lacked merit. Everything has a beginning.

We can't be a country that spews "Education" and spends Billions/Trillions on it at the
federal level, and not release the commander in chief's educational transcripts, regardless of
how little or extensive they are.

The American People deserve no less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies