Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
She got her talking points that day from a panic stricken White House (after Breitbart published it and Drudge Report made it go national) and lied to cover for Obama.
Waaahhh, waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh... the bad lady didn't say what you wanted her to say.

Suck it up, Poindexter. You got nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 04:26 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Since 1974, actually.

20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99 says, "No they don't."
IMO if you are running for public office with the intent to be paid with public funds,
they should forfeit the "privacy act" stuff. It's no longer family educational private info.

Who sponsored that part of the bill, by the way? We all know how corrupt the DOE is....

Old 03-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
IMO if you are running for public office with the intent to be paid with public funds,
they should forfeit the "privacy act" stuff.
Your opinion is noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin
It's no longer family educational private info.
Nope. I just checked again. It still is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin
Who sponsored that part of the bill, by the way?
In 1974? Who the **** cares?

Old 03-20-2013, 04:44 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
And that's a lie. Even Corsi's WND article acknowledged that they are explained. The archivist informed him (and the microfilms prove the archivist correct) that back in August of 1961 when the cards were originally microfilmed, the card reader jammed.

Only if 1) you are too stupid to know that air travel from Kenya did not enter Hawaii, it entered New York and 2) you are insane enough to believe that people in 1961 knew Obama would grow up to be president a half century later.
Oh man HistorianDude, I just love that one, a conspiracy 47 years in the making. Heck, it has to be, just has to be the truth. Has to be.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
So without any consulting with Obama she just dreams up that he was born in Kenya of all countries on Earth. Yea right!
It was posted in a publication that was given out to PUBLISHERS. With no one on the outside ever seeing it. Yes, she wrote it freely based on her own beliefs.

I trust her word over yours anytime of the week and twice on Sunday.

what would she gain by lying that it was her fault? Absolutely nothing.

Quote:
By the way, Snopes has been wrong many times. For example, they first stated Obama was born in Queens Medical Center in Hawaii.
No they didn't. They have no article stating that he was born in Queens.

However, you are showing that you can't even keep the birther lies straight.

The claim was made by student writer for a high school newspaper called The Rainbow Edition, for which HE pulled his information from Wikipedia (not Snopes)

Barackryphal: Birther Mythbusting: Maya Soetoro and The Rainbow Edition Newsletter

Quote:
Another example is that they had Obama's alleged birth doctor as Dr. Rodney West, not Dr. David Sinclair.
they based that claim on an article from the Buffalonews.com. Admittedly, they deduced that it was Dr. West since the article in question made it sound like it was him, but they updated their article once the Long Form revealed that he wasn't the one who delivered (no one new it was Dr. Sinclair until the LFCOLB was release, so like any error in reporting, a simple mistake on Snope's part. Their article doesn't allude to Dr. West anymore).

Original article: http://www.buffalonews.com/494/story/554495.html (link no longer works because of archive issues with the site - article replicated below)

Quote:
The Buffalo News

Barbara Nelson was Barack Obama's English teacher in high school in Hawaii.
Sharon Cantillon / Buffalo News

Updated: 01/20/09 08:17 AM
Teacher from Kenmore recalls Obama was a focused student

By Paula Voell

When Barack Hussein Obama places his hand on the Bible today to take the oath of office as 44th president of the United States, Barbara Nelson of Kenmore will undoubtedly think back to the day he was born. It was Aug. 4, 1961, at Kapi’olani Medical Center for Women & Children in Honolulu.

“I may be the only person left who specifically remembers his birth. His parents are gone, his grandmother is gone, the obstetrician who delivered him is gone,” said Nelson, referring to Dr. Rodney T. West, who died in February at the age of 98. Here’s the story: Nelson was having dinner at the Outrigger Canoe Club on Waikiki Beach with Dr. West, the father of her college friend, Jo-Anne. Making conversation, Nelson turned to Dr. West and said: “‘So, tell me something interesting that happened this week,’” she recalls.

His response: “Well, today, Stanley had a baby. Now that’s something to write home about.”

The new mother was Stanley (later referred to by her middle name of Ann) Dunham, and the baby was Barack Hussein Obama.

“I penned the name on a napkin, and I did write home about it,” said Nelson, knowing that her father, Stanley A. Czurles, director of the Art Education Department at Buffalo State College, would be interested in the “Stanley” connection.

She also remembers Dr. West mentioning that the baby’s father was the first black student at the University of Hawaii and how taken he was by the baby’s name.

“I remember Dr. West saying ‘Barack Hussein Obama, now that’s a musical name,’” said Nelson, who grew up in Kenmore and went to Hawaii in 1959 to be in Jo-Anne’s wedding party. When Nelson was offered a job as a newspaper reporter and photographer at her friend’s wedding reception, it led to her living in Hawaii for 47 years. She returned to Kenmore in 2006.

Ten years after that memorable birth announcement, Nelson would hear the Obama name again. This time, the father, now a Kenyan government official, was coming to speak at the Punahou School in Honolulu where Nelson was teaching and where his 10-year-old son was a newly enrolled fifth-grader.

“Dr. Obama had this lovely, attentive manner,” she said. “When he answered the children’s questions, he would do it as a story, which is the way they do it in Kenya.

“His son, whom he hadn’t seen in eight years, seemed as fascinated as we all were,” said Nelson, who went on to be a high school principal, a harpist, a watercolor artist and poet.

A few years later, Nelson encountered “Barry” again, when she watched high school basketball games, where her students played.

“The team came alive when he got on the court,” she said. “He was not only quick and graceful, but he could see the pattern and zero in on the opening. Though he wasn’t a starter, he was a graceful, passionate athlete who played back-up forward. He had a definite presence on the court.

“I often sat with his grandmother, who was a no-nonsense woman with these very solid Midwestern ways about her,” said Nelson. “She loved that boy and he adored her.”

As a high school teacher of British, Biblical and Middle Eastern literature, Nelson taught Obama.

“He wasn’t usually the first one to speak, but he was an attentive, active listener,” she said. “While the others might be bouncing off the surface, he came straight from the center. He picked up on the patterns of ideas and then he’d make a statement that moved the class to the focal point.

“He also had a lovely, engaging sense of humor,” Nelson said. “He was firm, but he wasn’t aggressive or in your face.”

During one class the question was posed “of what should we be most afraid,” drawing answers that included “death,” “hell,” “biological warfare,” “fear” and “isolation,” said Nelson.

“I recall Barack sitting in the back of the room,” Nelson said, demonstrating a hands-behind-his- head pose and describing his lanky, outstretched legs.

“When he pulled himself upright I thought ‘Bingo. Here we go,’ ” she said, expecting the discussion to move to a new level.

“And he said, ‘Words. Words are the power to be feared most. Every individual has an unmonitored arsenal and whether they are directed personally or internationally, words can be weapons of destruction.”

It was such moments that led Nelson to honor Obama at his 1979 graduation with the traditional draping of a lei around his neck.

“I had a yellow plumeria tree and I could get only enough blossoms to make five leis,” she said. “I had taught more than 200 students, but one of those leis went around the shoulders of Barack Obama.”

Years later, the ideas Obama expressed resonated as Nelson wrote “War of the Words,” which includes the lines: “ I fear the powerful pugnacious words, Weapons that miss the flesh and pierce the heart.” (Songs of Honor, 2006).

In the author’s notes, Nelson describes the classroom discussion with Obama that inspired the poem and she adds this information: “Interestingly, this former student is now a very wise, articulate U. S. senator.”

pvoell@buffnews.com
As you can see the original article never mentioned that Dr. West was the one that delivered baby Obama. He was simply answering a question.

Quote:
They have absolutely no credibility.
Seeing as they source all their claims, and make updates when told they are wrong , they have more credibility than you do. ETA: You who have been a broken record for the last 5 years.

Last edited by Arus; 03-20-2013 at 05:07 PM..

Old 03-20-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Seeing as they source all their claims, and make updates when told they are wrong , they have more credibility that you do.
^^^ This!

Old 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:

Nope. I just checked again. It still is.

In 1974? Who the **** cares?
I give a ****

I'm sure when they passed family educational privacy laws,
they were not intended to protect public officials from being transparent.
Oh wait, it passed under Tricky Dick's administration, what am I thinking....

I know the law is still in place, I meant it should not be for public officials.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
So you digress from the common liberal position that they are moronic and/or delusional? At least it's refreshing to hear a different insult.
They're not mutually exclusive.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Obviously, there is something that he needs to hide on that transcript, as anyone else would say, "what the hell.............I have nothing to hide on that transcript. Release it"!
Legal notice: This argument is not applicable to the tax returns of Republican candidates.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I give a ****
And nobody give's a **** if you give a ****.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies