Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
Let god decide when you will have kids, the bible says it's the right thing to do
The bible has nothing to do with secular matters or law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 07:44 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
She can't make up her mind because she doesn't have one of her own. Do you not see the strings attached to her head? She will *always* parrot the opinions of those better than her.

A marionette has no free will of its own. As such, she acts according to her overlords. Best not even bother with the puppet.
I look at it as sport.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:05 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I don't know what? It's a fact we have many unwanted children. Most of these moms can't afford to have children or just don't want them....thus an abortion. Why in the world would you force these women to have a child when they aren't wanted. You hate abortion but you give no thought of the child that is born unwanted.
So what? Caring for unwanted children is a separate issue. The issue she was talking about is abortion.

It's funny how when a pro life person talks about unborn babies, there's always some pro choice idiot who says "there's no baby until birth" and somehow imagines he's being witty or insightful by playing semantic games.

But then suddenly when someone wants to make your argument it becomes "oh you're so heartless you don't care about poor little babies"

Well, guess what, you're the ones who argue that it isn't a baby. You're the ones who argue that at the time abortion is being considered there is no baby. So therefore caring for babies isn't an issue. It's not a baby, it's a fetus remember? You don't abort babies, you abort fetuses.

Pro choice people need to make up their minds. Post birth it's a baby so therefore abortion is no longer an issue. Pre-birth it isn't a baby so therefore caring for babies isn't the issue. Can't have it both ways. Now if you want to declare it a baby before it's born, then that's fine by me. Now you're free to ask how we're going to care for these children. But also, now you need to explain why it's legal to kill a baby.

Your selfsame argument as to why it is okay to abort also makes it illegitimate to ask what to do about the child after it is born. Argue one or the other.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:12 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Focus on the Family Ultrasound Program Saves 146,000 Babies From Abortion | LifeNews.com

A program started by Focus on the Family to place ultrasound machines in pregnancy centers has saved thousands and thousands of babies from abortion and now the program is expanding to promote adoption.

Focus on the Family is teaming up with the National Council for Adoption (NCA) to train counselors in pregnancy resource centers and medical clinics on how to discuss adoption as a possibility with women facing unexpected pregnancies.
If that article isn't complete BS (which I doubt), how many of those children will grow up in single-parent homes without enough food, money, love, or education and become the wards of the state either through welfare or incarceration that YOU will have to pay to support tomorrow? Or are you adopting one of the unwanted ones to give it a good home?

If you get your wish of outlawing abortion, dont complain when your taxes go up.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:15 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
If they don't want the child there is adoption. Some seem to think there is only abortion. Now we have open adoptions. The adoptive parents will pay for all expenses so cost is no problem. NO child is unwanted.
How many have you adopted? How many go through the system and are NEVER adopted?

Do you know?

Old 03-23-2013, 08:27 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So what? Caring for unwanted children is a separate issue. The issue she was talking about is abortion.

It's funny how when a pro life person talks about unborn babies, there's always some pro choice idiot who says "there's no baby until birth" and somehow imagines he's being witty or insightful by playing semantic games.

But then suddenly when someone wants to make your argument it becomes "oh you're so heartless you don't care about poor little babies"

Well, guess what, you're the ones who argue that it isn't a baby. You're the ones who argue that at the time abortion is being considered there is no baby. So therefore caring for babies isn't an issue. It's not a baby, it's a fetus remember? You don't abort babies, you abort fetuses.

Pro choice people need to make up their minds. Post birth it's a baby so therefore abortion is no longer an issue. Pre-birth it isn't a baby so therefore caring for babies isn't the issue. Can't have it both ways. Now if you want to declare it a baby before it's born, then that's fine by me. Now you're free to ask how we're going to care for these children. But also, now you need to explain why it's legal to kill a baby.

Your selfsame argument as to why it is okay to abort also makes it illegitimate to ask what to do about the child after it is born. Argue one or the other.
fetus left to mature do become babies. babies/children that are not wanted end up in foster care. it is related and is a legit argument. you want to close your eyes to the end result fine, that doesn't mean anyone else has to. abortion is a woman's choice and she is free to make it if it suits her life and morals.
no woman should be forced to go through pregnancy labor and delivery because anti choicers think they should.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:29 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You were 15...and you have a life now you would not have had otherwise. Unless you life sucks I'm pretty sure you are ok with the result.

It pretty rare for late term abortions anyway, you don't need to concern yourself. I don't care how many teenage abortions you have and regret, it's no excuse for trying to legally bind the hands of GROWN WOMEN and THEIR MEDICAL PROVIDERS when there are so many things you will never be privy to when it comes to things like this. Can't you just flog yourself or something instead?
A truly moral person regrets the immoral act and pays no attention to the consequence. There have been a lot of bad things that I've done in my life that have led to positive outcomes. And many good things I've done that have led to negative outcomes. I still strive to do as much good regardless of the outcome.

As to how my life would be now, it's impossible to say. The only thing I couldn't live with is the fact I probably wouldn't have the 2 kids I have now......Other than that, maybe having a kid in HS would have actually helped me. I never finished HS as it was even though people told me I had a head on my shoulders. Maybe a kid would have forced me to take responsibility earlier.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Pro choice people need to make up their minds. Post birth it's a baby so therefore abortion is no longer an issue. Pre-birth it isn't a baby so therefore caring for babies isn't the issue. Can't have it both ways.
Of course we can. An embryo is not a baby. It has the potential to become a baby but it's an embryo.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:14 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
A truly moral person regrets the immoral act and pays no attention to the consequence. There have been a lot of bad things that I've done in my life that have led to positive outcomes. And many good things I've done that have led to negative outcomes. I still strive to do as much good regardless of the outcome.

As to how my life would be now, it's impossible to say. The only thing I couldn't live with is the fact I probably wouldn't have the 2 kids I have now......Other than that, maybe having a kid in HS would have actually helped me. I never finished HS as it was even though people told me I had a head on my shoulders. Maybe a kid would have forced me to take responsibility earlier.
I think that is what happens most of the time. A young unmarried couple have an OOPs and they decide to grow up, get married and take on responsibilities they didn't think they could put they do just fine. It's a struggle for a time but they mature faster and do better than the ones who want to delay growing up. Some decide never to grow up.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
I think that is what happens most of the time. A young unmarried couple have an OOPs and they decide to grow up, get married and take on responsibilities they didn't think they could put they do just fine. It's a struggle for a time but they mature faster and do better than the ones who want to delay growing up. Some decide never to grow up.
Ummmm, no.
The US has a divorce rate around 50%.

And some decide to put their noses where they don't belong, in another person's reproductive choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies