Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
He won't prove it because he can't. He'll use his "Harrier Deflection Technique" in order to keep it that way. It's what he always does, so don't expect an answer any time soon.
You use your adiosToreador "put words in someones mouth" technique and have done so twice in 10 minutes.

Are you bored today?

It is beautiful outside - go take a hike on the Santa Monica pier.

Last edited by Harrier; 03-23-2013 at 04:12 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 04:22 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You use your adiosToreador "put words in someones mouth" technique and have done so twice in 10 minutes.

Are you bored today?

It is beautiful outside - go take a hike on the Santa Monica pier.
Again, I appreciate the flattery, but are you...perhaps...lashing out at me with this supposed 'technique' because you know that you can't escape the Harrier Deflection Technique? Again, is this what conservatives do nowadays? Steal credit from others to make up for their own inadequacies?

Anyway, what does the above have to do with the topic? This is about science and religion. I'll make an outline for you:

"I feel that Scientists think they are god because:

Reason #1:

Reason #2:

That is why I feel this way."

Now get to it, sparky. Stop going off topic.

Old 03-23-2013, 04:28 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
There was a scientist at the lab who had a cartoon on his lab door captioned, "God's First Attempt At Making A Chicken".

It showed an explosion with chicken feathers all over the place.

It was probably a Far Side.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:35 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
How arrogant, presumptious, and smug are these created beings?

The Lord giveth and He taketh away.

Scientists Want to Bring Some Animals Back from Extinction - Yahoo! Finance
Jesus said to take care of the poor.
Jesus healed the sick.

Fox news and Rush radio say to be against welfare for the poor.
Fox and Rush say to not give health insurance to the 45,000 Americans that die each year from not having insurance.

Fox news and Rush radio have made their followers forget about the most important ideas of Christianity

(It is Fox news and Rush radio that have the power of God.)

Old 03-23-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Jesus said to take care of the poor.
Jesus healed the sick.

Fox news and Rush radio say to be against welfare for the poor.
Fox and Rush say to not give health insurance to the 45,000 Americans that die each year from not having insurance.

Fox news and Rush radio have made their followers forget about the most important ideas of Christianity

(It is Fox news and Rush radio that have the power of God.)
Jesus said to take care of the poor and he healed the sick.

He didn't say that the government should do so, nor did he wait around for the Roman Empire to impose an individual mandate.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
He won't prove it because he can't. He'll use his "Harrier Deflection Technique" in order to keep it that way. It's what he always does, so don't expect an answer any time soon.
He has perfected the Harrier Deflection Technique, but now it's all he uses. He's grown boring, and soon he needs to come up with something else or he'll bore us all to sleep.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:25 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Jesus said to take care of the poor and he healed the sick.

He didn't say that the government should do so, nor did he wait around for the Roman Empire to impose an individual mandate.
I stand corrected, I forgot about the new testament verse stating "government should not take care of the poor."
It appears that Jesus would be strongly against the federal government helping the poor.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
I stand corrected, I forgot about the new testament verse stating "government should not take care of the poor."
It appears that Jesus would be strongly against the federal government helping the poor.
Jesus said that we should submit to the government.

In the United States of America, the government is the people, who are governed only with their consent and in a manner prescribed by themselves in accordance with the supreme law of the land - the U.S. Constitution.

As President Ford said, "Here, the people rule".

Note that the Supreme Law is the constitution. Therefore, to be in compliance with what Jesus said, one must uphold the constitution.

The constitution gives limited powers to the federal government and reserves all else to the several states or the people.

Among those powers that are reserved to the states and to the people is assisting the poor and needy - as it is not an enumerated power of the federal government.

Quote:
“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.”
- James Madison, often considered to be the "father of the constitution"

Last edited by Harrier; 03-23-2013 at 07:52 PM..

Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
This is the problem with liberal atheists "interpretation" of the Bible. Christ said basically to be compliant with the government-

'"Render unto Cesar, that which is Cesar's"

Christ was not a political revolutionary and did not promise, or realize, a kingdom on earth. His kingdom was not on earth. Many liberals, as the Apostles initially thought, have incorrectly presumed that Christ was a political figure.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
How arrogant, presumptious, and smug are these created beings?

The Lord giveth and He taketh away.

Scientists Want to Bring Some Animals Back from Extinction - Yahoo! Finance
Using God given knowledge is not playing God. It's just using what God gave us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies