Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:30 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times

Advertisements

Senate Intelligence Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said she and Rogers had been advised to be careful with the information, but that the Syrian government was becoming “more desperate, and we know where the chemical weapons are.”

Sound familiar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Nearly every friggen country over there is desperate. We can't change that.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
McCain and Graham are ready to invade and don't even want to wait for this news to be substantiated.

Those WMDs keep moving to countries we want to invade.
As soon as the boots hit the ground they get moved.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:22 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Nearly every friggen country over there is desperate. We can't change that.
Full quote, intelligence Committee members received the same briefing given to the White House, and Feinstein said:

"The White House has to make some decision in this. I think the days are becoming more desperate. The regime is more desperate," Feinstein said in the interview. "We know where the chemical weapons are. It's not a secret that they are there, and I think the probabilities are very high that we're going into some very dark times."

The word was that Saddam moved his chemical weapons to Syria, so maybe the OP highlighted that part because he believes Feinstein knows the WMDs from Iraq were trucked into Syria.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:25 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,636,388 times
Syria has had chemical weapons since the 1970's at least. That's nothing new. As for Feinstein, she was wrong on Iraq, and her pronouncements on foreign affairs can be safely ignored.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:29 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Senate Intelligence Chairwoman Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) said she and Rogers had been advised to be careful with the information, but that the Syrian government was becoming “more desperate, and we know where the chemical weapons are.”

Sound familiar?
Familiar? I don't know, exactly. I haven't seen Sen. Feinstein's comments in their entirety nor do I understand the context in which they may have been offered.

On a somewhat related matter: NPR had an interview with former Bush defense strategist Richard Perle and he was asked about his role in advancing the Iraqi war following 9-11. I was left with the thought that it's people such as Perle, senior advisors to Presidents, who get us into wars by advancing actions on behalf of persons who do not have our nation's best interests at heart. What a liar he is. Disgusting fellow.

Keep us posted on what the Senators are saying. Thanks.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:23 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
FeinsteinBush

Too many neo-proggy minds would be blown.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Obama has previously warned that "any use of chemical weapons by Syria in its civil war would be crossing a "red line" that would prompt a swift U.S. response."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/03/world/...yria-civil-war
You are aware he's not talking about sanctions right? Maybe a stern letter or hand slap from the UN?

Old 03-20-2013, 08:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Obama has previously warned that "any use of chemical weapons by Syria in its civil war would be crossing a "red line" that would prompt a swift U.S. response."
http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/03/world/...yria-civil-war
You are aware he's not talking about sanctions right? Maybe a stern letter or hand slap from the UN?
Does he lose credibility if he does nothing? Or gives one of his speeches?

Will he be held accountable if he drags us into the conflict?

Progressives like john mccain lindsey graham are the only republican voices that I hear beating the "got to get involved" drum. Will the msm blame them and let the feinsteins and obama off the hook?

Me thinks yes!

Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 AM

1,672 posts, read 1,771,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

Sound familiar?
I did not know McCain and Grahm were considered Progressives now? No longer RINOs?

Man, I can't keep up with these goal posts anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies