Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't think weed makes you lazy. Well, maybe particular strains. Some make me pretty damn productive. I've smoked strains that have given me the mental boost to make it through the day.
Yep. It's that "workin' high!" I would never smoke before or during my 40 hour a week job. It's not my company, and though they don't test, I still wouldn't want to be the one that gave them the reason to start. But nothing like getting a little buzz when you're facing the sometimes daunting task of cleaning the house.. Then there is the stuff that makes you want to eat and watch tv and laugh. Or crank up the tunes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 09:00 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yep. It's that "workin' high!" I would never smoke before or during my 40 hour a week job. It's not my company, and though they don't test, I still wouldn't want to be the one that gave them the reason to start. But nothing like getting a little buzz when you're facing the sometimes daunting task of cleaning the house.. Then there is the stuff that makes you want to eat and watch tv and laugh. Or crank up the tunes!
I would like it to be legal because of its medicinal value.

http://www.montelms.org/MedicalMarijuana:
Quote:
There's a wide body of research (including clinical trials that have been approved by the FDA) that indicates marijuana is medically beneficial for patients suffering from AIDS, cancer, chronic pain, and MS. In some instances, marijuana allows patients who have an
incurable illness to function better -- or even function at all. In other instances, marijuana enables a patient to survive treatment, such as chemotherapy for cancer, such that they ultimately end up living the life of a normal, healthy person again.

In 1997, the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy -- known as the office of the "drug czar" -- commissioned the National Academy of Sciences to look at the science behind medical marijuana, which the NAS ended up endorsing in 1999. And the favorable scientific reviews have only piled up since then.
I support its legalization for recreational use just as a principle of freedom, but at the very minimum it ought to be nationally available via prescription for medical use.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:02 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
I don't smoke daily but do occasionally. It's my operation and early on it really helped with anxiety and helped my mood more than anything. When I do smoke before work, its literally 1 small hit off the bowl (of some highs). Not 2, not a joint, not anything like that, but 1 small hit.

I cook up some burgers though that'll make you smack your momma. And grandmama

Old 03-25-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I would like it to be legal because of its medicinal value.

http://www.montelms.org/MedicalMarijuana:

I support its legalization for recreational use just as a principle of freedom, but at the very minimum it ought to be nationally available via prescription for medical use.
I think more people should use it. We as a society are too high strung.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't smoke daily but do occasionally. It's my operation and early on it really helped with anxiety and helped my mood more than anything. When I do smoke before work, its literally 1 small hit off the bowl (of some highs). Not 2, not a joint, not anything like that, but 1 small hit.

I cook up some burgers though that'll make you smack your momma. And grandmama
Sure.... Moderation.... I get it. That is true with most things.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 PM

100 posts, read 161,322 times
I'll take the indicas. I like to be lazy.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:33 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,514 times
Quote:
I do the above two things at the same time all the time.

I learned a lesson one day - never dance on the bed while sweeping cobwebs. I was doing so, turned to step off my bed and twisted my left ankle (sprained it). Then I fell off the bed and broke my right wrist and skinned my right knee (bad). It took 5 months for the knee to heal.
I don't dance on the bed any more - high or not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscan1969 View Post
I'll take the indicas. I like to be lazy.
I like variety.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
I was a pothead through most of high school and all of college.

I've grew dozens of plants
i think it does stunt a person's growth if they start using it too early. they might, for instance, not learn how to conjugate verbs properly.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:43 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,126,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i think it does stunt a person's growth if they start using it too early. they might, for instance, not learn how to conjugate verbs properly.
They say it can have some mental effects if smoked regularly by minors. If it were ever legalized there'd prob be a age 21 legal limit. Fine by me.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 AM

100 posts, read 161,322 times
It doesn't stunt growth. However, a kids brain is still forming and he/she should really abstain until they are around 18.

( a total hypocritical comment as I was 15 when I started, but it's important to note.)

Still smoking 26 yrs later but my kids better wait til 18. Or never start, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies