Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catscan1969 View Post
It doesn't stunt growth. However, a kids brain is still forming and he/she should really abstain until they are around 18.

( a total hypocritical comment as I was 15 when I started, but it's important to note.)

Still smoking 26 yrs later but my kids better wait til 18. Or never start, of course.

Everyone starts at 15. Just how it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 10:00 AM

100 posts, read 161,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A few things started when I was 15. Good year.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,538,195 times
Quote:

I was 19! (But then I probably was looked at as the 'goody two shoes' throughout school.)

Started smoking cigs when I was 21 (was out of weed) and quit those nasty things on December 31, 2008.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:55 AM

990 posts, read 939,145 times
Quote:
Cannabinoid hyperemesis - chronic nausea and vomiting caused by regular cannabis use.

Link between marijuana use and cannabinoid hyperemesis

Cannabinoid hyperemesis: cyclical hyperemesis in association with chronic cannabis abuse

I'll stick with my glass of wine with dinner, thankyou.
Yeah, because alcohol has no negative side effects...
And of course, your article talks about CHRONIC ABUSE...not the one joint a day type of usage. This article you bring up is something that has never been mentioned by any pot smoker in history. You found some obscure minor issue associated with CHRONIC ABUSE and you use that as your basis for an argument? Do you have any idea how pathetic of an argument it is?

It would be one thing if you lived a Mormon lifestyle and abstained from alcohol, sugar, caffeine, etc. But the fact that you drink alcohol while demonizing a far less harmful substance in marijuana makes you the worst kind of hypocrite.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:05 AM

990 posts, read 939,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I know how to Google, LOL... I was asking for YOUR research, and now you have provided it. Yes, there have been studies showing some POSSIBLE links (to mental illness, cancer, etc), but nothing has been empirically proven as far as I know. Regardless, there are lots of things that are bad for people, and they're not all illegal. Let adults make that decision for themselves, and deal with the consequences if/when they arrive.

P.S. Marijuana is also known to improve the lives of people with cancer & mental illness, so you've got both positives & negatives on the flip sides.
Keep in mind that none of the studies is from the past decade and most are 2+ decades old and have been debunked since.

I really don't get the people who argue against legalization, it's like they are mentally unable to understand the stupidity of marijuana prohibition. It's really the dumbest possible political opinion. There is no intelligent reason to keep marijuana illegal or in any way restricted. Not a single intelligent reason, and there is not one intelligent person arguing against legalization.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBeforeYouVote View Post
Yeah, because alcohol has no negative side effects...
And of course, your article talks about CHRONIC ABUSE...not the one joint a day type of usage. This article you bring up is something that has never been mentioned by any pot smoker in history. You found some obscure minor issue associated with CHRONIC ABUSE and you use that as your basis for an argument? Do you have any idea how pathetic of an argument it is?

It would be one thing if you lived a Mormon lifestyle and abstained from alcohol, sugar, caffeine, etc. But the fact that you drink alcohol while demonizing a far less harmful substance in marijuana makes you the worst kind of hypocrite.
Wow, quite defensive I see. Some pot smokers do have that condition and have been talking about it on the major online discussion forums for users. There are other problems resulting from pot use that are in dealt with discussions as well. At least those users are honest and willing to confront issues that may come up with pot. It doesn't mean they have to stop using it just because it isn't perfect. But it isn't perfect, it can cause problems, like ANY drug.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:13 PM

24 posts, read 295,378 times
I think pot has some medicinal benefits where cigs don't have any, just health detriments. I saw a documentary about a girl with cerebral palsy who could barley talk, but she took a few puffs of MJ and was almost talking totally normal. Amazing to see the difference. I don't think cigs are going to offer anything like this to the user, maybe just more problems. The benefits of pot are being more looked at these days, so I'm sure we will find out all kinds of new things, godd and bad, in the near future.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:35 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexthomp View Post
I think pot has some medicinal benefits where cigs don't have any, just health detriments. I saw a documentary about a girl with cerebral palsy who could barley talk, but she took a few puffs of MJ and was almost talking totally normal. Amazing to see the difference. I don't think cigs are going to offer anything like this to the user, maybe just more problems. The benefits of pot are being more looked at these days, so I'm sure we will find out all kinds of new things, godd and bad, in the near future.
I don't know the science of why it works but I do know that marijuana relieves neuropathic pain that conventional pain relievers don't. So even if recreational use of marijuana should be open to debate, I don't see any reason why prescribed medical marijuana shouldn't be allowed in all 50 states.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:50 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
I don't know the science of why it works but I do know that marijuana relieves neuropathic pain that conventional pain relievers don't. So even if recreational use of marijuana should be open to debate, I don't see any reason why prescribed medical marijuana shouldn't be allowed in all 50 states.
Big Pharma.
Police Unions.
Prison Complex.
DEA.
Big Ag.
Lumber industry.
Political suicide.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:59 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Because you don't smoke pot 20 times a day or more, unless you have a problem.
So smoking just a few cigarettes a day should be ok?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies