Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 06:50 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I forgot about that thread. My apologies.
You forgot being smacked around for over 44 pages on the exact same topic? Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 06:50 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,122 times
Quote:
Honest question, if they grow it in their house, would you assume that they may "sample" their product? The reason that I ask is that many places are now debating about making it illegal to smoke in your home if you have kids. So how would that work with pot and kids in your home? Thanks
Not if it is being grown legally, according to the rules, which states that the area where it is being grown has to be secure from minors (like a locked room or closet).

It is no different than kids "sampling" product from their parent's locked liquor cabinet. Why are you trying to make it so different?

Wait. Don't answer that. I know you are not here to learn.

We need personal responsibility, people, not a nanny government watching and telling us what we can do or not do in the privacy of our own homes!

Old 01-10-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The absence of evidence is not proof of marijuana safeness, even more so, since no long-term studies have been conducted.
Wow. Just wow. Millions of users, daily, 50 years, not one case, yet you cling to your sad belief. It is the longest long-term study we've ever had! You are just COMPLETELY closed-minded.

Sad indeed.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:54 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Yes, I know and agree, that why I was very specific about pot smoking.

Well, as a liberal I believe that if you are an adult you should be allowed to make choices of what you want eat, drink, or smoke as long as you aren't hurting anyone else.
I smoked for years and quit. I rarely drink. I even more rarely ingest pot. I have never hurt another person while doing any of the above.

Old 01-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
The absence of evidence is not proof of marijuana safeness, even more so, since no long-term studies have been conducted.
That argument goes both ways though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Wow. Just wow. Millions of users, daily, 50 years, not one case, yet you cling to your sad belief. It is the longest long-term study we've ever had!

Sad indeed.
considering no one has actually compiled data, its hard to claim "no one" has ever gotten cancer from it.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:01 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
I'm trying to understand the double standard. Neo Progs detest cigarettes (rightfully so) but think pot smoking is the coolest, trendiest, hippest thing ever. They're both carcinogens, stink like crazy and are terrible for your body, yet leftists are staunch advocates for recreational pot everywhere and staunch advocates against cigarettes everywhere. So please, help me understand the disconnect. Thanks
Why in God's earth did you peg progs with being pro-marijuana and cons as being pro tobacco?

Show me proof that marijuana causes cancer.

At least weed is useful and does something to you.

Cigarettes are a nasty stale stinky habit. Some people like the smell of weed.

I don't know anybody who loves the smell of cigarette smoke on their hands and clothes, much less their breath. This is why you see these nasty ass smokers throwing their lit butts out their car windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
So legalize it for medicinal purposes, but recreational?? Hell, no.
Why on earth not?

Has illegalizing marijuana been working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Neither one affect me in any significant way.

I’d prefer people smoke pot over cigarettes, because I’ve never seen a pot smoker throwing a butt out the window of their car.
This.

Quote:
Smoking cigarettes is carcinogenic. Smoking pot is carcinogenic. Cigarette smoke reeks. Pot smoke reeks. Injesting cigarette smoke into your body is terrible for it. Injesting pot smoke into your body is terrible for it. The left decries cigarette smoke almost universally (rightfully so, its disgusting) but loudly celebrating and advocating for the legalization of recreational pot smoking almost universally. Why would more harmful intoxicants being made legal be a good thing, especially when you (not you specifically) are so adamantly opposed to a similar legal intoxicant?
You should smoke weed.

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-10-2018 at 07:14 PM..

Old 01-10-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
That argument goes both ways though.

considering no one has actually compiled data, its hard to claim "no one" has ever gotten cancer from it.
There is not ONE documented case out of hundreds of millions of users worldwide.

Wow, what does it take? Crazy, crazy, crazy. You folks that are trying to hang you hat on marijuana causing cancer are grasping at straws.

Are you saying that if ONE case did pop up somewhere, that it would somehow justify prohibition and all the deaths it causes every year???

Old 01-10-2018, 07:03 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,970 times
Quote:
Smoking cigarettes is carcinogenic. Smoking pot is carcinogenic. Cigarette smoke reeks. Pot smoke reeks. Injesting cigarette smoke into your body is terrible for it. Injesting pot smoke into your body is terrible for it. The left decries cigarette smoke almost universally (rightfully so, its disgusting) but loudly celebrating and advocating for the legalization of recreational pot smoking almost universally. Why would more harmful intoxicants being made legal be a good thing, especially when you (not you specifically) are so adamantly opposed to a similar legal intoxicant?

Pot is a carcinogenic? Really? On the same level as cigs? Really? Where is THAT proven? You keep saying that, ignoring what other posters are saying about that. Repeating it won't make it so.

Old 01-10-2018, 07:05 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I don't think either one of them is cool.

But people should be free to do what they want, as long as it doesn't infringe on anybody else's enjoyment.

IRL, I could care less whether people light up a cig or weed in front of me, even though I don't partake in either.
Ah.....I think virtually every city in the country has outlawed smoking indoors, because society has deemed that it does "infringe" on others enjoyment. Plus smoking in a car with kids, in a house with kids, etc. What about smoking pot around people and kids? Would that not "infringe" on their enjoyment?

Old 01-10-2018, 07:07 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,098,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
You forgot being smacked around for over 44 pages on the exact same topic? Really?
Apparently it was 5 years ago. If I dwelt on what anonymous dorks like myself wrote on a message board five years ago, then I am in desperate need of a life. This is just entertainment, what we write here, really isn't that important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies