Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 03:25 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,260,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Your greed for someone else's dollar will keep you where you are. Are you still waiting for it?
How do you know I'm waiting for someone else's dollar? I have a job, home, etc. etc. That's just another strawman that you're so fond of. Make something up about someone, argue against it, lather, rinse, repeat.

I think YOU are the greedy one for wanting to destroy jobs, tank the economy, cut your own taxes and increase everyone else's, and suck every last dime out of the economy to benefit yourself.

Except with the comprehension and reasoning skills you don't have, I don't actually believe you're actually wealthy.

Old 03-21-2013, 03:59 PM

3,353 posts, read 6,437,729 times
What's the general consensus of who's rich and who's poor? Some of us on this site may be in fact to rich or poor to ourselves, but rich or poor to another. Personally I don't define myself as poor although the govt may say I am, I'm not living in poverty but my income isn't "supposed" to be efficient enough do or buy certain things or another. So I'm assuming that's the way it is with some other 'lower income' people as well, some can do perfectly well with making $400 a week and not recieve a dime in govt assistance while others can make $400 a week/bi-weekly and still struggle.

What I'm against is poor people who recieve govt assistance that have the same luxurious goods as someone who actually is rich or at least receiving a decent outcome. I just purchased a new vechicle the other day and some people (including my mother) were against the purchase but on the same note, it's not like I'm receiving govt assistance, I had to use my hard-earned money for it and anything I need such as food are still coming out of my pocket, not the govts. But if someon is making the same income I do and decides to purchase the same car I did and can't afford to eat at night because of if, doesn't deserve assurance.

But if you fall a victim to hard times and need a helping hand getting back on your feet, we should be there to help but not for years on in.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:37 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I guaran damn tee you...if I were rich, I would NOT be on C-D complaining about the poor. I would have my ass in Bali or some other damn place where ONLY the rich know about...with my toes in the sand and a drink in my mouth. For damn sure.

Tell me how rich you are again...
Yeah, no one is buying that tired story. Another millionaire posting the day away on CD.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:48 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
What we have here folks is the poor who can't even support their own household but think they know how to run an entire country. They think they know what is best yet the post below is only one example of how dumbed down people are. They don't even realize that inflation hurts poor people.

They don't even understand something so basics. No wonder democrats and liberals and the poor money grabbers can not understand that higher taxes hurt the poor and middle class in the end. These people support the money grab and actually think they will get it.

The politicians have to be laughing their asses off.
conservatives hate democracy. They hate the idea of a representative government. conservatives don't understand that poor people do have as much right to run the government as any American.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
If he thinks that the poor does not know how to govern, it can't be any worst than the wealthy has been doing for the last 15 or so years.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:14 PM

4,684 posts, read 4,571,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives hate democracy.
They really do. It's one of the most profound - and certainly the most radical - changes to American conservatism since 1945: conservatism has gone from being a movement deeply committed to democracy to one which openly despises and works against it.

It's now commonplace, here and elsewhere, to hear conservatives insist - to the point of temper-tantrum, sometimes - that the U.S. is not and should not be a democracy, generally advancing some formula such as "representative republic" instead.

A century ago, conservatives such as William Howard Taft would have scoffed. Half a century ago, for the generation of American conservatives who fought Hitler, Musso and Tojo in the name of democracy, those would have been fighting words.

Now, it's common currency in conservative circles.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:17 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah, no one is buying that tired story. Another millionaire posting the day away on CD.
I think he is really upset that America didn't give Romeny the keys to the Caddy. So if Mittens can't be President, then the poor can't vote.

It's a classic tantrum.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,716,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMOREBOY View Post
What's the general consensus of who's rich and who's poor? Some of us on this site may be in fact to rich or poor to ourselves, but rich or poor to another. Personally I don't define myself as poor although the govt may say I am, I'm not living in poverty but my income isn't "supposed" to be efficient enough do or buy certain things or another. So I'm assuming that's the way it is with some other 'lower income' people as well, some can do perfectly well with making $400 a week and not recieve a dime in govt assistance while others can make $400 a week/bi-weekly and still struggle.

What I'm against is poor people who recieve govt assistance that have the same luxurious goods as someone who actually is rich or at least receiving a decent outcome. I just purchased a new vechicle the other day and some people (including my mother) were against the purchase but on the same note, it's not like I'm receiving govt assistance, I had to use my hard-earned money for it and anything I need such as food are still coming out of my pocket, not the govts. But if someon is making the same income I do and decides to purchase the same car I did and can't afford to eat at night because of if, doesn't deserve assurance.

But if you fall a victim to hard times and need a helping hand getting back on your feet, we should be there to help but not for years on in.
BMOREBOY, congrats on your new car. Although I do not know the specifics but I would make it a goal to pay that off as soon as possible. To help you every month look at the interest you are paying to the banks (throwing away) each month. Try to stay ahead of the rat race (too much debt) because once you get pulled in, it is damn hard to climb out.

I do know some working poor who work their ass off only to see others who on welfare have the same lifestyle as them. That is not fair. There are people who are good people who fell on bad times and need it. I'm am sure they feel like they feel like they have been kicked and feel depressed. Having worked to lose a job ... these people deserve help. Now why does a person who collects welfare their entire life think they deserve a better life than someone who works? I am very against that.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:21 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Anyone who thinks the rich can govern better than the poor doesn't understand that stupidity encompasses all income levels. Consider this. In many places, you have the ruling elite, and the poor majority. In many cases, the elites don't care. Case in point, look at Haiti. It didn't matter who ruled. When Haiti was ruled by few mulatto elites, most Haitians were quite poor and did poorly. When the Duvaliers ruled Haiti, Haiti was starving and under a brutal dictatorship. Communist Cuba under Castro was in much better shape than Haiti.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:24 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
They really do. It's one of the most profound - and certainly the most radical - changes to American conservatism since 1945: conservatism has gone from being a movement deeply committed to democracy to one which openly despises and works against it.

It's now commonplace, here and elsewhere, to hear conservatives insist - to the point of temper-tantrum, sometimes - that the U.S. is not and should not be a democracy, generally advancing some formula such as "representative republic" instead.

A century ago, conservatives such as William Howard Taft would have scoffed. Half a century ago, for the generation of American conservatives who fought Hitler, Musso and Tojo in the name of democracy, those would have been fighting words.

Now, it's common currency in conservative circles.
It is because the core of conservatism is exclusion.

In a representative government the whole purpose is that all citizens get included to decide the direction of the nation.

conservatives look at the American population and see millions and millions of people who aren't "real" Americans like they are, who don't have "real" American interests like they do.

No to conservatives those Americans wanting the government to address their needs is selfish and divisive. It is the government buying votes and being santa claus to the lazy and the immoral.

For conservatives the government should only serve the needs of certain citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies